feeling lost about demi

roshrosh

Hello,

I'm 23 years old male student,

I'd like to share something with you,

I've been a really popular kid, with a happy life, until I reached 12 years old, things started to get scary.

I felt no strong sexual desires as all my group friends did, a little sexual desire for girls, and none for guys, but...... I felt sexual desires for my group of friends at same sex,

It was long period, which I had sexual desires each period for different one of them, which make you feel that worst feeling ever.

This made me feel very very ashamed of myself, that they give me the trust, and I feel this way to them, and this caused me loneliness, but then since few years I had almost social anxiety.

I wasn't brave to face this in thoughts, which caused me to repress any feelings related to this, until I heard about demi-sexual, and I was like fuck...this thing has a name.

Is this demi? I have to mention that I have sexual feelings for strange girls but it's weak feelings.

Please share your ideas, I'd like to know if this is really a demi sexual thing

Hi! Fellow demi here (demiromantic and demisexual). If you're demisexual, that would mean that you aren't sexually attracted to anyone until a special/strong emotional bond/connection type thing has been formed. If you've never been sexually attracted to anyone before and you never will be, that means you'd be asexual. There's also the option of gray sexual, which means you will be sexually attracted to people only rarely or under certain circumstances. How I came to the conclusion that I was demi was looking back on how I was different from everyone else (used to be completely sex-repulsed) and how at this point, I've only ever been sexually attracted to 1 person (and romantically attracted to 3).

Sexual attraction is usually defined as wanting to do sexual things with a certain person. There's this sort of feeling/urge I guess. That's the best way I can explain it.

Hi, @roshrosh.

Sexuality is a very complicated subject; far more complicated than many experts, even, give it credit for.  It sounds to me like you have an especially nuanced sexuality.  With regard to strangers, it seems like you are only weakly attracted to females.  However, with regard to individuals that you are emotionally close to, you seem to be able to experience sexual attraction to both males and females.  In more clinical terms, that would make you mostly demisexual, but with slight heterosexual tendencies.  Does this sound right to you?

Archived