Is asexual the right term for me?

aazzll

I've only had sex once, and it lasted for about 30 minutes and neither of us finished. After that I realized there's really no point in it and i'm actually almost afraid of having sex with someone in fear that i might not finish, or both of us, and they judge me or something i wouldn't want happening, happens. I'll masturbate and i want a relationship, i just don't really want to have sex until a longgg way into the relationship when i feel that it's right, assuming i'll get that feeling. I'm trying to figure out if asexual is the right term or if there's even a term for it, it just kinda feels that once i have a word for it then it's all explained, even though i doubt i'll mention whatever the term might be to anyone.

22 minutes ago, aazzll said:

i just don't really want to have sex until a longgg way into the relationship when i feel that it's right, assuming i'll get that feeling

I think that's the definition of a demisexual

6 minutes ago, teayah said:

I think that's the definition of a demisexual

the only thing with that is the sexual attraction can be there before an emotional connection, i just dont want to do anything sex related until i know for a fact that it'll go smoothly or if it doesn't, it won't negatively affect the relationship.

4 minutes ago, aazzll said:

the only thing with that is the sexual attraction can be there before an emotional connection, i just dont want to do anything sex related until i know for a fact that it'll go smoothly or if it doesn't, it won't negatively affect the relationship.

it's your choice, you can call yourself what you think you are. maybe a gray-asexual or a demisexual or just an asexual.  

43 minutes ago, aazzll said:

HI Aazzll, welcome to the community :)
Even I am new here and I identify as a demi sexual. 

From my experience and understanding, I feel this to be more an abstinence than a natural feeling. What I mean is, it feels more like a choice than having no control over it. Please do correct me if I am wrong in what I understanding from you. 

Maybe read up a little more on terms on the ace spectrum, and see what you relate with the most. If you still can't figure it out, we are here!

Have a great day!

AmusedSkeptic

From your description, it sounds similar to graysexuality, although only you can decide what label fits the best :) 

On 6/23/2020 at 6:31 AM, aazzll said:

I think your sexuality then might not be purely asexual, maybe not even grey sexual. However, I am neither you nor a professional and I am definitely not saying you can't be or identify as ace. However, I think sexuality is based on attraction and the fact whether you act to it or not is another fact, usually mostly based on previous experiences.

On 6/22/2020 at 11:02 PM, aazzll said:

I've only had sex once, and it lasted for about 30 minutes and neither of us finished. After that I realized there's really no point in it and i'm actually almost afraid of having sex with someone in fear that i might not finish, or both of us, and they judge me or something i wouldn't want happening, happens

This looks like your answer right here, friend.  Anxiety or fear surrounding sex can develop after an uncomfortable experience.  Sounds to me like you had an uncomfortable experience.  As far as I can tell, you most likely need some help understanding and working through your anxiety.  Trying to place a label on yourself beforehand might just confuse you more.  Though I'm no psychiatrist, I'd say you should look for ways to put less pressure on yourself.  The point of sex, like with other things, is whatever you make it out to be.  Just because you didn't finish, doesn't mean you're "doing it wrong".

Good luck, and I hope you eventually find the answers you're looking for.

Archived