Imaginary SO?

Littleface

Hi everyone, I'm still fairly new here. 

I guess my question is kinda weird, but does anyone kinda have imaginary SOs here? Like, I guess in the same vein as a 'waifu' or a 'husbando' lol. I guess most ppl tend to have this with fictional characters but I've always been on real ppl. 

Janus the Fox

Yeah I find if do, within a Yiff Fetish theme, 3 characters on occasion serves different part of the fetish not realistically possible with the real life SO.

I have a husbando, plus a few other characters that I really love although I'm not as attached to. I did kind of have an imaginary boyfriend a few years ago that was based on a real person. It wasn't a famous person, just some random emo-looking guy I saw working at Starbucks once. That was a doozy.

I've based some of my imaginations more on those I crushed/squished on but they're never exact, rather idealised variants and those that either weren't suitable for me or were unavailable. They served mostly as hypothetical samples for when trying to work out what I was and what I wanted.

I still have my fictional/semi-fictional loves though. 😽

I am ficto in all possible ways. You name it. In my case it's strictly for male, cartoony characters; I've never been into anything super realistic, and I suppose that's because fantasy just seems so much more appealing to me than anything else.

I have a very intense and close bond with my character. He is also very similar to myself. However, I am very secretive of my bond with him and don't really discuss my connection with my character outside of close friends. He's really special to me though.

In my case, he gives back in his own ways. I get a lot of enjoyment out of doing art and writing including them. One way I've really enjoyed bonding with him is through AI Dungeon.
For any fellow fictos reading: if you ain't seen AI Dungeon, you ain't seen nothin' yet. It's basically a way to write stories but with the help of an AI which auto-generates responses. I go back and forth on it quite a bit.

Thanks for the input guys, I hadn't really heard of fictosexual until now but I googled it and it seems mainly to be around fictional characters where as my guy is real so I don't think that's applicable in my case. 

8 hours ago, CBC said:

Following because I find the concept interesting since I don't relate at all. I don't mean that in a snarky or derisive way whatsoever, just that I'm basically the opposite. I can't even seem to have crushes on real people that I don't know personally, never mind people who... well, don't exist. I'd get absolutely nothing out of it because the main thing about a relationship to me is the reciprocal emotion. I can't give love to someone/something that is entirely incapable of giving it back in dynamic, real-life, impactful ways. 

I guess my case is kinda weird, the guy in particular that I like is actually originally from around my area in the UK- there is an aspect of familiarity to him that I feel at home in. I actually have a friend in his mid 50's who went to the same school and knew of my crush when he was at school although he was in the lower years when my crush was in the higher years, almost school leaving age.

I've even met him once last year. It's like a parasocial thing I guess they call it. 

9 hours ago, heckzone said:

I am ficto in all possible ways. You name it. In my case it's strictly for male, cartoony characters; I've never been into anything super realistic, and I suppose that's because fantasy just seems so much more appealing to me than anything else.

I have a very intense and close bond with my character. He is also very similar to myself. However, I am very secretive of my bond with him and don't really discuss my connection with my character outside of close friends. He's really special to me though.

I see, I have OCs too. I guess I am similar but I don't have romantic relations with my character. My character Hektor is more of a cuddly friend to me in my head I guess. 

Janus the Fox
8 hours ago, heckzone said:

Very similar to a tulpa (if not exactly like one). I get a lot of enjoyment out of doing art and writing including them.

Same, as my 3 characters, long ago, where voices, was first vocal hallucinations left over from a Manic Episode.  Was dictated by them how exactly they looked and sound.  I used Tulpamancy to build their forms and if nothing much, a bit of art and creative thought with them is an enjoyment.  They are not a strong presence these days being on medication, but a whisper from them every so often brings back memories.  There’s an active Tulpa Community out there, usually on Reddit or Tumblr though most don’t have a medical mental health past like I once did.

3 hours ago, Littleface said:

Thanks for the input guys, I hadn't really heard of fictosexual until now but I googled it and it seems mainly to be around fictional characters where as my guy is real so I don't think that's applicable in my case. 

I guess my case is kinda weird, the guy in particular that I like is actually originally from around my area in the UK- there is an aspect of familiarity to him that I feel at home in. I actually have a friend in his mid 50's who went to the same school and knew of my crush when he was at school although he was in the lower years when my crush was in the higher years, almost school leaving age.

I've even met him once last year. It's like a parasocial thing I guess they call it. 

I see, I have OCs too. I guess I am similar but I don't have romantic relations with my character. My character Hektor is more of a cuddly friend to me in my head I guess. 

Mine isn't an OC but I do make OC's from time to time, usually just as characters to creatively represent myself for various forms of media.

• 3 months later...

Hi! Yes, I'm in a imaginary relationship too since many years with no day without him.
I'm fictosexual too and he's an OC. I daydream about him in another reality where I am slightly someone else than in reality. But still I also love him as the guy I am for real. He kind of feels like the love of my life...

On 6/14/2020 at 7:24 AM, Littleface said:

I'm not fictosexual/romantic, so it would never have occurred to me to have romantic feelings for an OC.

When I create characters, they're usually part of tabletop RPGs that I'm involved in.  I'm a DM, so I need to come up with a lot of antagonists and bit-part characters for the games I run.

I find some fictional live action characters very attractive, I don't think of them as though I am in a relationship with them. Make sure not to blur the lines of reality and fantasy when it comes to crushing on live action actors.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:09 PM, Pygmalion said:

Hi! Yes, I'm in a imaginary relationship too since many years with no day without him.
I'm fictosexual too and he's an OC. I daydream about him in another reality where I am slightly someone else than in reality. But still I also love him as the guy I am for real. He kind of feels like the love of my life...

I see! I have a similar thing, I made an alter ego OC of myself for my crush too but I still feel I wish I could be with him in reality. It is sometimes quite hard because he is real...like, some times I really pine for fate to put us together, I even met him last year and I was soooo shy...I just wanted a hug from him but I was too shy to ask. 

On 10/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, Karst said:

I'm not fictosexual/romantic, so it would never have occurred to me to have romantic feelings for an OC.

When I create characters, they're usually part of tabletop RPGs that I'm involved in.  I'm a DM, so I need to come up with a lot of antagonists and bit-part characters for the games I run.

I'm don't class myself as fictosexual/romantic seen as my crush is a real person from a band :) Hektor my character I mentioned is just my oc I don't feel anything for him, he's gay anyways haha. Just a cuddly friend in my head :)

On 10/3/2020 at 11:24 PM, GingerRose said:

I find some fictional live action characters very attractive, I don't think of them as though I am in a relationship with them. Make sure not to blur the lines of reality and fantasy when it comes to crushing on live action actors.

I like some actors/characters too but my only serious imaginary relationship is with my musician guy who is a real person, the only other character I rlly crush on outside of that is Damon from Vampire Diaries but even then I couldn't have such a relationship in my head with him cus he isn't real lol.

2 hours ago, Littleface said:

Damon from Vampire Diaries

:) Oh yes.

I can understand celebrity crushes a lot (real or character, but when it gets to having them as pretend SOs the lines blur too much.

I had a waifu in my late teens hoping it would pass me off as straight.

On 6/14/2020 at 2:38 PM, CBC said:

Following because I find the concept interesting since I don't relate at all. I don't mean that in a snarky or derisive way whatsoever, just that I'm basically the opposite. I can't even seem to have crushes on real people that I don't know personally, never mind people who... well, don't exist. I'd get absolutely nothing out of it because the main thing about a relationship to me is the reciprocal emotion. I can't give love to someone/something that is entirely incapable of giving it back in dynamic, real-life, impactful ways. 

I know your comment is a bit old, but I just saw it and wanted to say it's so weird for me because despite my unfortunate curse of aphantasia (it's a curse for a ficto, because you'll never 'see' the person in your mind, grr), the fictional character of attraction completely reciprocates :o It's so weird and hard to explain, but it's like they are their own being with their own thoughts and feelings, and react accordingly. For me, it's completely within the confines of their own personality (I can't 'force' them to do or to love someone they couldn't within the canon of the story) so I have to insert someone they absolutely wouldn't be able to turn away from - with a personality and history that the character will be drawn to, then I have to sneak into that person's mind and somehow 'sense' the interactions, hear the words and stuff, and feel it all vicariously through that person. I don't have much control over the process other than being able to sneak in and observe. I am unable to experience those same feelings for 'real' people (even in relationships) because I guess I myself just have very dulled emotion. Whereas the people I get to experience stuff through vicariously usually have a greater capacity for emotion than I do, so I'm far more drawn to feeling what they are feeling than what I myself am feeling or can feel, does that makes sense? It's something that's always happened to me, since my earliest memories. If I could just SEE what's happening as well as just being able to feel it on a sensory level (like in a dark room with only spatial awareness) I feel like my life would be a lot more complete!!! It would be more like being in a dream than being trapped in a dark room with feelings but no sight - that would be amazing.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:26 AM, heckzone said:

I do make OC's from time to time, usually just as characters to creatively represent myself for various forms of media.

I guess it's sort of the same for me, though my OCs don't represent me in any way exactly as they need to appeal in personality/appearance/background etc to the fictional character of interest. I just sneak into their head and experience what they are experiencing/feeling/thinking/saying vicariously as a background observer. ^_^ 

Lord Jade Cross
3 hours ago, Howard said:

I had a waifu in my late teens hoping it would pass me off as straight.

oohhh who?

Archived