Movies that are forgotten (cartoon)

I just had to explain to someone what Sinbad Legend of the Seven Seas was.... is this seriously happening? 

If its not Sinbad, its treasure planet and if not that then Atlantis!!

They dont even know there is a Tarzan 2 movie .... Im scared!

What movies can you name that have been thrown under the rug that people think its a hoax or a joke?

theparkermathews

Norm of the North 2. God I wish that was a joke...

I don't know what Sinbad Legend of the Seven Seas is. 😶

Maybe these:

The Road to El Dorado (2000)

Thumbelina (1994)

Anastasia (1997)

The Prince of Egypt (1998)

Forgotten or never seen. There are a lot of movies in the world though. We can't know/remember all of them.

Knight of Cydonia
1 hour ago, bobbypin said:

I don't know what Sinbad Legend of the Seven Seas is. 😶

Maybe these:

The Road to El Dorado (2000)

Thumbelina (1994)

Anastasia (1997)

The Prince of Egypt (1998)

Forgotten or never seen. There are a lot of movies in the world though. We can't know/remember all of them.

Huh, I'd say the Road the Eldorado and The Prince of Egypt are definitely not forgotten. Eldorado is pretty popular in memes, and while it was unsuccessful at release, it's since become a cult classic with newfound popularity. Meanwhile, The Prince of Egypt comes up often in discussion about animated masterpieces. It also helps that both movies are from DreamWorks, which I'd say is the biggest (Western) competitor with Disney.

I agree about the other two though. Anastasia was decent, but I think it couldn't compete with Disney's standard (Hercules came out the same year, for one) and was tied to a relatively less successful Fox Animation Studios. Thumbelina was a flop (both in reviews and commercial success) and also wasn't DreamWorks or Disney. I've still never seen either of them.

@Knight of Cydonia Is it? I can't recall any memes with El Dorado. I might be out of touch. I don't know. I've interacted with people who've never heard of the movies I listed above and because I don't see them pop up often in general, it gives me the impression they're forgotten. If I saw what you were seeing, I'd probably think otherwise. It's good the two aren't as forgotten as I thought though.

Knight of Cydonia
16 minutes ago, bobbypin said:

@Knight of Cydonia Is it? I can't recall any memes with El Dorado. I might be out of touch. I don't know. I've interacted with people who've never heard of the movies I listed above and because I don't see them pop up often in general, it gives me the impression they're forgotten. If I saw what you were seeing, I'd probably think otherwise. It's good the two aren't as forgotten as I thought though.

These reaction gifs are the two most popular:

fae.gif

0f0.gif

Swan Princess (1994) is sometimes forgotten. It's sequels are definitely forgotten, and for good reason.

Black Cauldron (1985).

Those two LOTR movies from some older company... gods I can't remember the names involved even. I just remember a weird ass song getting stuck in my head "Where There's a Whip, There's a Way". 

The Secret of NIMH (1982)

The Maxx (this was a series that was in total 2.5 hours long)

5 hours ago, SithEmpress said:

Swan Princess (1994) is sometimes forgotten. It's sequels are definitely forgotten, and for good reason.

I loved that movie! I never saw the sequels but I heard someone say they were a living breathing nightmare.

I really liked the movie but the only reason I saw it was that someone gave me the disc.

5 hours ago, SithEmpress said:

Those two LOTR movies from some older company... gods I can't remember the names involved even. I just remember a weird ass song getting stuck in my head "Where There's a Whip, There's a Way". 

I know those ones! I watched them as a kid before I even knew LOTR I was watching those. I was utterly confused as to what was happening.

1 hour ago, Arodash said:

The sequel films to the Balto animated film.....

The fox and the hound 2 which was a prequel. Not the best film but it has fun music numbers. 

I totally forgot those had sequels! I remember the fox and the hound one. I was confused how it was labeled a sequel when it was before the time.

1 hour ago, Arodash said:

Lastly everyone forgets Johnny Bravo had a crossover episode with Scooby Doo

IT DID?!?!?! 

I remember seeing on the TV in the early 1990s a feature length animation film called An Officer and a Duck, starring Donald Duck. In it, Donald joined the army and then discovered that the reality was not the high life he had been promised. 

This film doesn't appear to be available anywhere online or on DVD, it is like it has been erased from history.

Ralph Bakshi's ambitious, off the wall animated works come to mind.

Fritz the Cat (1972)- "The first X rated cartoon", actually a feature length movie.

Wizards- (1977)

The Lord of the Rings (1978) - yes, he tackled this in animation, using a combination of hand drawn cells and Rotoscoping, which occasionally gave it a weird look. Unfortunately, the first movie is as far as he got.

He made some later films, but I'm not familiar with those.

Archived