AVENues RSS.

Hallucigenia

As soon as somebody tells me how to get to the Newsfeed Manager, I'm planning on setting up an RSS feed for AVENues. There are two ways that this could be done:

- as a very short RSS that contains a link to the PDF, or

- as a very long RSS that's basically a text-only version of the PDF, so that people can read AVENues straight from their home site, LiveJournal friends page, or whatever else people use RSS for these days.

I want to hear from you if you're at all interested in using this RSS feed once it's set up (or know anybody who is). Which option would be more pleasant and convenient and less annoying for you?

I... don't know much about RSS feeds. :| I just like being able to click on a link and WOW! There it is. ;)

So, I'll let others pipe in. :P

• 2 weeks later...
wednesday's child

If it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to put together, I'd love to see a text-only version so I could read straight from my LJ friends page. I seldom remember to come back over to AVEN to check what's going on anymore, so it would be a much easier way to keep up.

While I'm not a big one for RSS-- I like my content in its own context-- I would say that if people are calling for an RSS feed, they probably want the whole deal. I don't see much advantage in just sending out a link (though a link should definitely be included somewhere).

Archived