I don't care enough to do kegels

songchick

^^^ see title.

Why would I want to? Is there some health benefit other than for people who've given birth? 

AceMissBehaving
13 minutes ago, Snao van der Cone said:

Why would I want to? Is there some health benefit other than for people who've given birth? 

I believe the pelvic floor is part of your core muscle group, and being able to recruit them helps with exercises that require lower abdominal strength, things like inventions etc.  They also play a role in supporting the low back. 

Plus of course continence issues.  

... Do most people? I didn't realise they were a thing that healthy, non-incontinent, non-birthers were supposed to do. Should I be adding them to my work out routine? (pretending I actually have a work out routine)

5 minutes ago, theV0ID said:

... Do most people? I didn't realise they were a thing that healthy, non-incontinent, non-birthers were supposed to do. Should I be adding them to my work out routine? (pretending I actually have a work out routine)

I guess they can't hurt? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

RoseGoesToYale

I'll do them randomly out of boredom. I figure if when I'm 80 I can still hold it, I done good.

3 hours ago, Snao van der Cone said:

I guess they can't hurt? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You say that, but I was told the same about push ups and they really hurt my pathetic weak little arms  the one time I did them before giving up.

I mentioned kegel exercises because it's frequently cited as a way to get more pleasure sexually, especially for women.  But I really don't care to do them, it's unpleasant actually.

I’m going to be honest here, I have no idea what this even means

3 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

They're mid-body exercises for internal muscles, including vaginal ones.

I don't care enough that you don't care enough to do kegals.

10 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

They're exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. Basically you squeeze off and on the muscles you use to purposefully stop urine flow. They're commonly recommended for people that have urinary or fecal incontinence. 

• 1 year later...
Janus the Fox

Thread Locked as it’s a year old, moved to Off-A

Janus DarkFox

Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived