Trinkets to show pride?

Purple_Panda

Hi, all. I don’t know if I’ve asked this before, but now that I have my ace ring and I’m feeling brave right now, what little trinkets can I get to show my pride and just be proud of myself if no one notices (no one has noticed my ace ring yet.) 

I was looking for transgender and nonbinary colored silicone rings because my ace ring is silicone but I haven’t had any luck. 

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not sure how useful this would be to you specifically, but I recently bought myself a full Renaissance Faire outfit in ace colors. White chemise, black bodice, three skirts in greys, blacks, and purples (muted of course, because I'm no royalty!). 

But in a similar vein, I think buying, say, a scarf in ace colors would be a nice subtle way. Finding a jacket that's purple and grey. Stuff like that. Also, if you ever wear makeup, some shimmery eyeshadow or black/purple lipsticks. 

@Grimalkin, I love historical dresses and clothes, and wanted a corset not too long ago, but I can’t pull that off without a lot of thought, because I’m in a wheelchair. 

I don’t wear makeup unless I absolutely have to, so that’s not an option for me. 

The jacket sounds nice though! 

Thank you for all your help!

I've seen people use beads to make bracelets using pride flag colors before. Or pride friendship bracelet sort of things.

I got a love knot(?) necklace from Etsy in the tran colors. The seller makes them in all sorts of Pride colors (my friend eventually bought herself the bi one). They also come as earrings and the seller has other pride stuff such as bracelets and other types of earrings. It’s subtle as most people just see it as a cool necklace. A fellow trans person didn’t realize what it was at first (the pink can admittedly look a little red in some lights). 

I’ve got an ace flag wristband I wear most of the time 😊

For a potentially obvious thing, pins for a jacket or bag? Although looking through Etsy there are some that are potentially less obvious ones. ThePinPrick has some interesting content thin subtle bar or rod pins that fit on a shirt collar, pocket, bag etc. and charms that go on shoe laces. Searching Etsy also brings up a bunch of results both subtle and non subtle. :) (Perhaps add ‘subtle’ to your word search if you are looking for subtle?) I even found a trans bra. O.O Pronoun bracelets, bird plush the list goes on. There are also charms for a bag or keyring as well. :) 

Luftschlosseule

Another option, depending on your hair length, could be barretes? Hairclips? And then you put them in in order of the flag colours.

If you want to diy, you could look into tie-dying. You take a piece of cotton and dip it in colour, from light to dark, which is extremely flag friendly.

I had a heart-shaped pin with the flag stripes (it fell off my bag 😢), as well as a chain mail style bracelet in the flag colors, and a resin pendant that contains a spell for confidence. 

• 10 months later...

This thread has been inactive for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

Laurann, moderator.

Archived