Deeply in love with suicidal boy, I'm scared help (trigger warning, obviously)

The Incarnation Of Boredom

So, recently I went to the hospital for suicidal thoughts. There I met a cool dude, and we stayed in contact. We've been texting every day and I've fallen in love with him, and he likes me too but he's really lost and scared and confused because he also still likes his ex. He's been getting suicidal because of everything. I'm so scared about him, I love him so deeply I can actually feel it in my heart 24/7, and I can't stand seeing him like this.

What do I do?

He had these thoughts before he met you. You can only hope he will change his mind eventually.

4 hours ago, Pandark said:

He had these thoughts before he met you. You can only hope he will change his mind eventually.

I know that much, but I want to be there for him. I want him to be happier. 

From his POV, it's probably a bit delicate to sort this out with the help of one of the people in question. I have no personal experience in this but it seems to have the potential for lots of awkward situations.

I guess there's not much to do apart from offering to be there to listen - just knowing that there's someone to turn to when you're depressed can make all the difference, whether the offer is being taken or not. At the end of the day, it's up to him to figure out what he feels (or doesn't feel).

Homer already said it better, but this

3 hours ago, The Incarnation Of Boredom said:

I want to be there for him. I want him to be happier. 

may be exactly what he needs.

Redman2292

I'm going to have a unique stance on this as I have already lost a significant other to suicide. But the advice I would give it's that life isn't permanent and everyone will die eventually, I know that seems very doom and gloom but hear me out. After a couple of years sorting out what my loss did to me I realized that I got to spend some of the best years of my life with someone that I loved so strongly that idk if I'll ever feel that strongly again. A lot of people will never get to experience that ever, and even though I had it taken away from me the memories will never fade. So if you truly love them I would just appreciate all of the time you currently have with them, because even if suicide doesn't take them early there are plenty of other things that can as well. As far as what you should do, I'm afraid that's a question that is better left for you to consult a counselor about, especially when you are asking advice on how to handle a newer relationship with someone that has suicidal tendencies. 

Archived