Might as well

Gnomeish

Hi, I am about 32 years old, and uh definitely in the past few years really relieved about the progress in the USA lately and especially where I live involving more awareness and acceptance about asexuality. I am biologically female but very gender neutral which is actually more awkward to deal with in daily life, something which has less social progression but it is getting there where I am at. I have never dated or even held hands with anyone let alone anything else... I would probably consider hand holding to be like 'the ultimate declaration' of affection I guess, lol. 

I always said stuff like 'when I have kids I would name them X' when I was a teen and I definitely wish I had some insight into this then but it was mostly for the benefit of my mom which is probably something many of you are familiar with.

I guess if I ever did have a relationship with some one we would have our own bedrooms but share a house...... but I don't even have a roommate because there is no way I could stand having someone in my personal space (my one and only space just for me away from all the humans hiss) Also I spend most of my social time with my two cats (I am pretty sure I have formed cat like social habits) and the rest is allotted to working part time which is just about as much time as I can spend around people without going insane and it also has the bonus of paying me for it. Okay so that is a bit about me I will probably not come back to check replies or even browse anonymously for a week or two until I circle back around and feel more comfortable. Anybody relate to that, haha.... I think that is an example of cat acquired social behavior.

welcome to AVEN! i’m glad it’s been so progressive lately, too. take your time getting used to AVEN/asexuality/whatever you need to! we’ll be here when you’re ready :)

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! 🍰🍰🍰

NickyTannock

@Gnomeish Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I'm now 33, and I've never had or desired either sex or a romantic relationship.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Garden Gnome Cake,

m8a8xpgkm7bp1pxmcgrp.jpg

Welcome! Yeah, I can relate. Sleeping 13-16 hours a day and having only minimal human contact sounds great. 

pancakecake.png

Archived