Just trying to figure it out

Sisylle

So I’m a 15 year old sophomore, who has never been in a relationship before. When i was younger, i loved everything about relationships and love. I always wanted to date someone, kiss someone, etc, but now, i find kissing and anything beyond that gross. I really like the idea of a relationship, but not the idea of kissing or sex (not even in the future...like ever). I feel like i might be aromantic and asexual, but I’m also a very sheltered person (i didn’t even know what sex was until 8th grade) so maybe it’s just that i haven’t experienced dating, kissing, etc yet. I tried to do some research but there’s literally so many different labels I’ve never even heard of. Hopefully what I’m saying somewhat makes sense. (Aaaahhhhhh! I’ve never really told anyone this before). 

Thanks for reading!

Platonic Underdog

Welcome to Aven, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 take your time, ask questions and I hope you enjoy your time here 😊

Hey Sisylle

Welcome to AVEN! Make yourself at home (:

You've taken a great step forward in the journey of discovering yourself. Keep up that positive energy! Much like you, when I delved into the arena of sexual preferences, I was also gobsmacked at how many labels there were. The list seemed endless. Just know that you don't have to rush with labelling yourself. If you do decide to label yourself, you don't have to stick with that label forever. Feelings come and go which means sexuality can be stationary or fluid.

From reading your post, you may be touch averse or sex-repulsed, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You will come across many people who are in the same boat as you (: I hope AVEN can provide the support system you have been looking for!

Welcome to AVEN!:cake:

But I agree with @Gldlynch it sounds like you could be touch averse and/or sex repulsed! But there's never rush to figure it out!

You're definitely in the right place, you'll find loads of helpful answers here! 

@Gldlynch thank you. I love how you used the word “gobsmacked”👌 YES! Again thank you so much for your support and info. That definitely helps!

Definitely start with doing some research into romantic and sexual identities. There's nothing wrong with questioning yourself, and I hope joining these forums helps you a little on your journey! :)

Archived