AHHHHHRRRRGGGG!!!!!

endofthespiral

endofthespiral

Well today they changed my schedule at work. I have worked since monday. Now, its Saturday meaning I have worked a whole 5 days. However now because a new hire needs Sunday off because she has kids. I have to take it in the ass. My old schedule was Tuesday to Saturday and Sunday and Monday off. Now its Wednesday and Thursday off and Friday through Tuesday on. They allowed no time for adjustments either.

So I bring you back to my main point. I have worked for 5 days a normal work week. Since the schedule was changed today, I have to work untill Wednesday without a day off. Total of 8 days in a row working.

Great overtime right? Wrong, I wont get paid for the 8 hours of over time i will be working because of how they do over time. They pay on a bi-weekly basis but overtime is given on a weekly basis. And also since our pay periods start on the 1st and 16th of the month I get fucked out of the over time too. This is how they see the week. It startes on sunday and ends saturday and if you do not have more than 40 hours of over time in you don't get over time for that week (like I said its awarded on a weekley basis not as a whole for the pay period). So the work week started on Sunday the 28th, and ends on Saturday the 3rd. But the pay period starts on Thursday the 1st. So here is how it works:

End of work week 1: 16 hours...Not over 40 hours, no over time

End of work week 2: 40 hours..Again not over 40 huors, no over time (Had sunday and monday off)

Beginning of work week to end of pay periond on the 15th: 16 hours, not over 40 hours for the week, no over time.

Total Hours worked this pay period: 80 hours

But I still have to work for 8 days in a row because of this bull shit. The new hire is in mer mid to early twenties and she is the one who made the schedule. So because she has an accident and gets her dumb blonde ass knocked up. I have to suffer for her mistakes.

Dude, that really sucks :( *beams of comfort*

Can't you go to her, explain the situation, and ask for overtime? Because, I mean, that's just not fair.

endofthespiral

the reason she isn't working is because she can't get a sitter.

What's worse is that I won't get to meet up with my supplier of all things illegal.

Ooh, that sucks. Hopefully this is a one-time-only type thing and won't happen again. I feel your pain, though. When we get really busy it's not uncommon to work 14+ days with one half-day off in the middle. And being on salary means it doesn't matter if I put in 40 hours a week or 80. It sucks but 'tis the way of the world. :?

That really does suck.

that does suck. a lot. I myself am pissed off at work, because I only waitress on friday nights, and work as a photographer the rest of the time. well, my waitressing boss was like, you're working saturday night, because no one else wants to. so now I get to be at work between the two jobs from 940 am to about 1230 am. I'm pissed. And I'm sure my photography boss will let me out with an hour or two to eat or something, because she's nice, but I also have a ren faire meeting I'm supposed to go to (3-6) which I wont make all of, and that's a paying position too.

So basically... jobs fuck us all over. I like to work, but I wish people would pay attention to availability.

But you definitely win in the sucky department. Mine is just one day, where this is fucking up a whole pay period for you. Sorry hun. *big hug and lots of :cake:*

Archived