Favourite and least favourite YouTubers?

TRexPhilbo

Who do you like? Who don't you like? Why?

I'm really enjoying Philip DeFranco right now. He's been making videos since 2007 and has two channels. His main channel, Philip DeFranco, is where he posts The Philip DeFranco Show (PDS), where he tackles news in a balanced way (yet also giving his opinion on the topics to start a discussion). He posts a new PDS Monday - Thursday, then on Friday he covers more audience-requested topics, as well as responds to questions and comments from the audience. Recently, he covered the controversy of

Logan Paul posting a video of a dead body on YouTube.

His other channel, PhillyD, is more of a vlog channel. He posts documentary-style videos of him and his production team when they're not actively working on the PDS. Recent videos have been a competition to design a new shirt for Valentine's Day, as well as the team's recent trip to Universal Studios LA. The person filming the vlogs, Joe Nation, then parodied Logan Paul's video where he apologised for showing a dead body in the video and thumbnail on YouTube. Joe "apologised" for calling the Harry Potter wands you can buy at Universial "$40 plastic sticks".

My least favourite creator at the moment is Logan Paul, for

posting a video of a dead body on YouTube

and generally being a garbage person (though, as I commented here, that's probably partly to do with being thrust into fame while still a teenager). That said, it in no way excuses that he made the conscious decision to film, review, edit, export, and upload what he did to his channel that's watched by millions of children.

However, I don't actually watch his videos first hand, and any opinion I have of him is bound to be biased through the lens of both first hearing of him when he posted this video, leading me to see him in a negative light before forming an opinion of him independent of that first.

Logan Paul's return video is such a cynical outlook on the world and shows how empty his so called apology was. You don't get to hype up a literal redemption arc about yourself after doing something so shitty not one month before. Bloody ridiculous. But no surprise Google still turns a blind eye to their golden child.

Another YouTuber I do not care for is Boogie. Fence sitting to excuse shitty behaviour seems to be his only USP, like he is scared of upsetting anyone with an actual position on a matter and so risk losing subscribers. But the real point is how the conversation always comes back to him. No matter what the current controversy is, he performs the same pattern. Stick his oar in with a fence sitting position to excuse shitty remarks, wait for others to call him out on excusing shitty behaviour and then speak the victim card to the call outs. The initial controversy now playing second fiddle if not now completely removed from the situation. It's now about him. It's so obvious.

One YouTuber my nephew and I enjoy is Ali A. He is a YouTuber I would never have gotten into in normal circumstance but my interest in Fortnite Battle Royale led me to him. He just makes really enjoyable vids and the fact he is really good at the game helps some too. My nephew and I both watch him and have great discussions about the stuff Ali A gets up to (not to mention learn some stuff for future BR strategies!). It's also nice he is family friendly so there isn't a torrent of bad language spilling out, even in the most heated of moments.

Favourite: Primitive Technology.

Why? After listening to people complaining all day the silence is super relaxing and the content is both practical and educational.

Least favourite: Riley J Dennis.

Why? They talk crap. Dangerous crap. It is borderline rage inducing. 

My favourite YouTubers are JohneAwesome, The Pals, Razzbowski, Mario Muffet Adventures, and Vinny from Vinesauce the Full Sauce. 

Least favourite would be AbdallahSmash. He posts good content but he does not seem like a genuine person. He is too subscriber hungry.

I don't care to have cable TV so You Tube is my main source of entertainment. This is how I can watch the PBS News Hour every evening. I also like science and nature documentaries. As far as individual channels are concerned Genie B. Delishus (yes, that's how she spells her name) hosts a delightfully quirky kitchen show subtitled "trailer park cooking". Always a bit inebriated this "big woman" is apt to make a few ribald remarks now and then when the alcohol sinks in. She demonstrates a number of recopies for those of us with service sector jobs living on tight budgets. The channel is an amateur endeavor but the production is actually rather well done. The sorts of things I avoid are those documentaries dealing with things such as ghosts and sea monsters. It really gets annoying when they attempt to take themselves seriously. I naturally avoid any channel that espouses the far left or the far right. Something else that can become annoying is the channel's host endless begging for a "thumbs up" and/or subscription and following this with a shamelessly capitalistic endorsement for one of the channel's commercial sponcers.  Today I Found Out is entertaining and informative until Simon starts hustling his viewers to earn himself a kick back from Tube Bear. It appears a lot of people like watching funny cat videos but I find them sort of silly.  

Favorite: LeMMiNO is pretty good. Lot of "top 10 facts" types of videos, sometimes some one-shot videos on interesting topics like AI, analyses on various things. He taps into a lot of interesting areas. 

Least favorite: I don't want to say Vloggers as a whole, but... most some popular vloggers. Trashy, entitled children in 20-something year old bodies. 

NerotheReaper

Just a few of my favorites: PhilipDeFranco, Kendall Rae, Rob Dyke. CinemaSins

All very intelligent and well spoken people, posting content that is thought provoking, and interesting. As for CinemaSins, they are just super funny in my opinion. I watch movies now and point things out like they do. They both have ruined and enhanced my movie watching. 

Least: 

Both Jake and Logan Paul. I don't think I need to explain further. 

Favorite: Thomas Sanders because I love his Sanders Sides videos and he is a sweet little cinnamon roll. 

Least: Anybody from David Dobricks blog or the Paul brothers. 

1 hour ago, Yeast said:

I don't care to have cable TV so You Tube is my main source of entertainment. This is how I can watch the PBS News Hour every evening. I also like science and nature documentaries. As far as individual channels are concerned Genie B. Delishus (yes, that's how she spells her name) hosts a delightfully quirky kitchen show subtitled "trailer park cooking". Always a bit inebriated this "big woman" is apt to make a few ribald remarks now and then when the alcohol sinks in. She demonstrates a number of recopies for those of us with service sector jobs living on tight budgets. The channel is an amateur endeavor but the production is actually rather well done. The sorts of things I avoid are those documentaries dealing with things such as ghosts and sea monsters. It really gets annoying when they attempt to take themselves seriously. I naturally avoid any channel that espouses the far left or the far right. Something else that can become annoying is the channel's host endless begging for a "thumbs up" and/or subscription and following this with a shamelessly capitalistic endorsement for one of the channel's commercial sponcers.  Today I Found Out is entertaining and informative until Simon starts hustling his viewers to earn himself a kick back from Tube Bear. It appears a lot of people like watching funny cat videos but I find them sort of silly.  

Same here, I dont really care for most of cable TV except for "PBS Create" channel: mostly cooking shows, travel shows , woodworking and such

As far as YouTube favourites:

-ibxtoycat (minecraft channel)

-extra credits history 

-Professor Fink (really awesome Anatomy&Physiology channel)

System.out.println("Hello World!");

For daft videogame reviews there's Caddicarus.

Spoiler

For computer science videos I like the Computerphile channel. 

Spoiler

For general computer hardware weirdness there's Linus Tech Tips:

Spoiler

For space and aviation there's curious droid:

Spoiler

I like music youtubers like Rob Scallon, Davie504, Leo Moracchioli (Frog Leap Studios) the most. I also enjoy watching That Japanese Man Yuta, an anituber The Anime Man though we have different opinions sometimes and I recently got into Brainiac75.

Least favorite? Anyone overly perverted. Also, Paul brothers.

20 hours ago, Whaley said:

System.out.println("Hello World!");

First:

Spoiler

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
  int confusion = 1;
	do
  	{
  		printf("What is the code about?\n");
  	}
  	while (confusion == 0);
}

Second: The Paul brothers, are just... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :huh:

Third:

Thanks to a friend sending me to one of his videos, it seems I have a new least favourite YouTuber - Roosh V. I originally thought Roosh was a satirist, but apparently he's not. From what I've found, Roosh is a blogger and YouTuber known for his particularly hateful and misogynistic views towards women and minorities. He's also written favourably about legalising rape. He's also been banned from the UK on the grouds of "fostering hatred and provoking terrorism", according to Theresa May (who was Home Secretary at the time). I try to disconnect a person's comments from their identity and imagine people complexly, but my brain just goes "nope... garbage person!" with Roosh. At least that's what I've seen so far.

Can't recall any favorites that I watch on a regular basis. Especially can't recall ones that I dislike since I don't watch anything that I do happen to dislike.

1 hour ago, Philbo Penten said:

Third:

Thanks to a friend sending me to one of his videos, it seems I have a new least favourite YouTuber - Roosh V. I originally thought Roosh was a satirist, but apparently he's not. From what I've found, Roosh is a blogger and YouTuber known for his particularly hateful and misogynistic views towards women and minorities. He's also written favourably about legalising rape. He's also been banned from the UK on the grouds of "fostering hatred and provoking terrorism", according to Theresa May (who was Home Secretary at the time). I try to disconnect a person's comments from their identity and imagine people complexly, but my brain just goes "nope... garbage person!" with Roosh. At least that's what I've seen so far.

Is he the creep who talked up about sexually assaulting women in Japan because they are seen as submissive?

Favourite YouTubers: Cancer Crew aka idubbz, filthy frank and maxmoefoe - I like their offensive humor and how anti pc they were. With Joji focusing on music and the YT regulations that's gonna stop. I really enjoy Content Cops, the Gentleman's Guide, Pink Guy and Bad Unboxing.

Others: Emergency Awesome, Secrets of the Citadel, Rawrist, Alt Shift X, Whycreate, Big Marvel and Feast of Fiction.

Least Favourite: Riley Dennis, Milo Stewart, Laci Green, Kat Blaque, Buzzfeed (any sjw/feminist/far left channels.), Clevver TV , The Pauls, Everyone from Team 10 and every single Kpop reaction channel that isn't jrekml or kenny

I don't have a least favourite off the top of my head, but my favourite are probably the Vlogbrothers! I've followed them for ages, and I even listen to their podcast : ) I really admire all the charitable work they do, their focus on education, and their unabashed nerdiness, as well as their message of trying to "increase awesome" in the world and make the world a better place.

Leggo

YouTubers that I like and deserve my ad view for their revenue 

Spoiler

Daz Black

Miraie

ColeyDoesThings

CowbellyTV (Graham The Christian. Also his sub channal Comment Awards) 

Sorrow TV

Nate TV

Soot House

Marshall Does Stuff

IHE ( I Hate Everything: He's a movie reviwer.. mostly)

deebudee

Pkrussl

googoo333

Casey Nestat

SuperButterBuns

Memeulious

Alpharad

LavenderTowne

DrawingWiffWaffles

All the Vine montage channels

Pizza Ex

SEGA

Joe Jeremiah

ThePandaTooth

Jaltoid Media 

Youtubers who I dont like

Simple: Diss track makers, really cringy singers with cringy music videos channels, "I CALL *insert whatever fictional character here* (HE REPLIED)" and  "I CALL *insert here* AT 3AM" clickbait videos. Boring youtube drama. Oh, and the Paul brothers. 

My favorites are Asmrrooms, The Modified World, Gameranx and Your Overwatch.

In general, I don't have ones I don't like, but I have some I don't like to watch, even if they are suggested videos.

10 hours ago, huffleproud said:

I even listen to their podcast

Hank and John are awesome! And so is the rest of the Complexly staff. Do you know about John's new podcast where he reviews things? It's called The Anthropocene Reviewed. I've linked the Soundcloud version of the first episode, but you can find it on most podcast managers.

Also, how would you spell the first syllable of "usual"? :P

40 minutes ago, Philbo Penten said:

Do you know about John's new podcast where he reviews things? It's called The Anthropocene Reviewed.

Amazing : ) I can't wait to listen! I am such a podcast addict, since I have a bit of a commute to get to school, and I'm always excited to find a new one! I'm still not quite over the end of the Thrilling Adventure Hour! : (

40 minutes ago, Philbo Penten said:

Also, how would you spell the first syllable of "usual"?

I STILL DON'T KNOW but I was dying laughing as they tried to figure it out! I think when I've written it, I've written ush, but that really doesn't make sense phonetically hahaha! Also your signature is amazing, friend. Eleven is definitely my Doctor!

And, so as not to derail the youtuber discussion, does anyone here watch wheezywaiter? He's also really great! : )

51 minutes ago, huffleproud said:

does anyone here watch wheezywaiter

Of course! He's amazing and one of my other favourites! I like that he doesn't really care about his subscriber count (for a bit he actually asked people who didn't want to be subscribed anymore to unsubscribe). Craig and Chyna have a podcast too!

Cat-a-tat-tat

Favs: Qcknd, Danica Sills, JacquelinDeleon, Bokkei, and Audra Auclair

Least Favs: Brad Mondo, Liza Koshy Too, etc.

Favourites: Dodie, Thomas Sanders, Jenna Marbles, the gaming channel ‘Versus’ and Dan + Phil.  Hard to pick favs since I admittedly watch a lot of YouTube.

i guess least favs are jake and Logan Paul but I don’t tend to watch people I dislike so I forget about them.

8 hours ago, Philbo Penten said:

Of course! He's amazing and one of my other favourites! I like that he doesn't really care about his subscriber count (for a bit he actually asked people who didn't want to be subscribed anymore to unsubscribe). Craig and Chyna have a podcast too!

You know of and like the Vlogbrothers and Wheezywaiter? I'm very sorry to inform you that I think we're going to have be friends : P

Favourites: Ashens, FilthyFrank, IdubzzzTV, Crit1kal/penguinz0, The Boo Review, Top 5s, any sort of spooky channel (that isn't Creepypasta readings). I've been really liking the Internet Historian lately as well. His videos on Shia LaBeouf's "He will not divide us" Vs /Pol/ is hilarious.

Least Favourites: Logan and Jake Paul, any sort of feminist/SJW YouTuber (like Laci Green, Anita Sarkissian, etc), most of the Viners and vloggers.

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn

while about 99% of the time I use YouTube for music, some of my favourites would be: Galaticriminal, Sunny, The Metal Monster, Kilbot&GorGorAtack!, Grzegorz Kosinki, and Cody's lab.

10 hours ago, huffleproud said:

You know of and like the Vlogbrothers and Wheezywaiter? I'm very sorry to inform you that I think we're going to have be friends : P

Yay friends!

I mainly use youtube for music... but does music belong in this thread?

Favorite video makers: Neil Cicirega, Corridor, Ryan Higa, Julian Cianciolo, and bad lip reading. 

Least favorite: any obnoxious noobie who puts an ear-destroyingly loud intro song within the first 10 seconds of clicking on something, especially when no credit is given to the original song. As well as life hack, quiz videos, buzzfeed-ish countdowns, compilations, nursery rhymes, vloggers, slime videos, and those fricking 10 hour loops. Also reaction videos... just nope.

Parts of YouTube I do enjoy: synthesia covers, video game walkthroughs, sped up digital art, independant artists and music labels that use youtube as a medium for showing their craft to the world.

Archived