*Graphic poll* My apologies.

Nallia

Do you have orgasms?  

1. 1.

• Yes, I bring myself to orgasm.
    • Yes, I have another person (or people) bring me to orgasm
    • I've never had an orgasm, but I'd like to experience one.
    • I've never had an orgasm, and I don't care to know what one would feel like.
    • I have orgasmed, but I choose not to orgasm/I have no interest in orgasm.
    • Other answer (please specify in a reply).

This poll is closed to new votes

Since there are different ways of achieving orgasm, I am curious as to what asexuals think about orgasms. I, for one, do orgasm (I am in a relationship), but not through intercourse.

*edited by Kez to correct spelling in the subject.

Please be careful with your spelling. "Graphic pole" has far too many unwanted meanings here.

I voted for not having had an orgasm but wanting to have one. Not that I haven't tried. I've been working at that for quite some time with no results. I've tried numerous techniques, both by myself and with partners (stopping short of intercourse), and I get the impression that I'm somehow disfunctional. While I don't experience any sexual attraction to people, I don't have any repulsion, either. I'm just curious to know why people find sex so pleasurable, and I'm guessing that it's mostly because of the elusive orgasm.

I had them several times before puberty but never after. I my teen years I came close a few times, but always choose not to go all the way.

Haven't came no where close or ahd any desire to for a few years now

:oops: I'm sorry about the spelling mistake... I really do know how to spell "poll" correctly... I must have been having an off night...

When I was very young, before I knew what it was, I'm sure I did even if I don't remember too well.

So I voted: "I have orgasmed, but I choose not to orgasm/I have no interest in orgasm."

mouth brooder

Orgasm feels good while I am having it, but as it wears off I feel a bit nauseated and spent and blah and sometimes even a bit depressed. I could have a chemical imbalance. The after effects are why I don't bother.

I mentioned in another thread that I do on the other hand enjoy sneezing--and always feel good after.

It's like everybody has these fun toys, and mine is broken :?

I've tried, but I get tired/bored/distracted before I get close. I am curious, I mean it seems like a healthy, useful, fun thing, but I can't (at this point) do it. Mind you, I had no idea women really even masturbated until I was 18 :roll: And I had a pretty liberal sex education at school and at home, too. That was part of realizing how different I was from most sexual people, that I'd never fantasized about someone, never explored my own body. Anyway, since then I've tried, um, a lot. No luck yet.

If my sister knew, she'd buy me a vibrator on the spot. :lol:

Shadow girl

I don't really know what Orgasm is or the feeling of it like how do you know and what not.

I've tried, but I get tired/bored/distracted before I get close. I am curious, I mean it seems like a healthy, useful, fun thing, but I can't (at this point) do it. Mind you, I had no idea women really even masturbated until I was 18 :roll: And I had a pretty liberal sex education at school and at home, too. That was part of realizing how different I was from most sexual people, that I'd never fantasized about someone, never explored my own body. Anyway, since then I've tried, um, a lot. No luck yet.

Ditto, and I'm a guy. I have yet to meet any males with similar experience, but at least I might be human after all!

Ditto, and I'm a guy. I have yet to meet any males with similar experience, but at least I might be human after all!

You know, that's good to hear.

Orgasm feels good while I am having it, but as it wears off I feel a bit nauseated and spent and blah and sometimes even a bit depressed. I could have a chemical imbalance. The after effects are why I don't bother.

This happens to me too sometimes, feeling nausea. Sometimes I feel "off" for hours afterwards.

Cerhiunnhn

Never had one, never tried, and I never want to. I just.... don't. There's no way to describe why not. :?

Eta Carinae

I have them. They're nice, and I don't get any unpleasant aftereffects, even if they're no longer good for making me sleepy. Still, I don't think I enjoy them as much as sexuals do. They're enjoyable but the earth, she does not move.

• 1 year later...

well, i'm male with the same thing. i tried. i hear you have to think about something that turns you on. the problem? well, nothing turns me on. i just lost interest after a few seconds anyway.

Honestly, I'm not sure whether I've experienced an orgasm or not. I'm not sure what exactly it feels like. I've actually discussed it with an online friend and from those discussions it seems to me that she says I am having orgasms, but I'm still not really sure. Of course this is not through sex, only masturbation.

i've had orgasms before, but they were never manual. i don't think i'm capable of having a manual orgasm, honestly. i've dreamed and awoken to an orgasm before, and was even visually stimulated enough to have one before, too.

so really, i have no choice or say in having an orgasm. it either spontaneously happens or it just does not happen at all.

ratatosk_lemur

I don't find orgasm pleasant--while it's happening it's a bit uncomfortable and feels rather strange; afterwards I feel nauseous and sick and bloated and dirty for around half an hour.

Archived