Welcome Older Asexuals

Sorry, meant to say thanks for the warm welcomes earlier.... Time does get away, doesn't it?

I've been slowly checking out the site but mostly have been reading posts in this "Oldies" forum. (I feel somehow safer here, though that might sound odd.)

Autumn Sunrise: I like your quote about a large enough cup of tea, but would add "hot enough" as well! I hate going out for tea and the water is bordering on barely warm enough.... Grrrr.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Molly, I don't know if you will return here but in case you do, I have sent you a pm. I'm in the UK and happy to chat.

• 3 weeks later...
Pizza Seawitch

I typed this before. It was long but beautifully written and then... the laptop glitched and my backspace made me lose my progress.

So here is the abbreviated version. My name is Matt. Four months from tomorrow I'll be 27. Winter storm Jonas did a number here and today was also my surgery. Nothing too major. Umbilical hernia repair.

12592693_10208561202566321_2292060996080

Today is Day #1 of 18 that I'm off work.

If you need someone to talk to, a new friend or maybe a shoulder to lean on. Here I am. I'm going to have lots of time on my hands lol. On my profile is ways to reach me outside of here just in case you wish to: Tumblr, Wordpress, Kik, Snap Chat, Instagram, etc.

I am asexual. I might lean more toward homoromantic but I consider myself biromantic over all. I've identified as asexual for over four years now. I don't get much into the politics. It gets too complicated and touchy for me. I don't like arguing. I just wish us who are asexual could embrace each other on higher levels. I wish we were more prevalent.

So my beautiful post had a long paragraph 'about me' but... here's a list of some things I like so you can see if you think we might have anything in common.

-Hulu

-Netflix

-Most film

-Most television

-Comics (Marvel fan // X-men more specifically)

-Writing

-Reading stories/articles

-Pizza

-Cats

-Cooking/Baking

-Probably anything Shonda Rhimes creates

-Instagram (my favorite social media)

-Anything Maggie Smith related

-Musicals

-Most music... I'll give anything a try

-Even the silly adult cartoons

-Horror

-Dark things

-Chatting

-Being thoughtful

-Doodling

-Getting to know new people

-Online Quizzes lol

-American Horror Story!!! (and all other Ryan Murphy creations lol)

-So much more!

... get to know me!!

Age doesn't matter.

Location doesn't matter.

I can't make myself enjoy a dull conversation...

...but... I am always down to converse with someone who is down to converse with me :)

Like I said. I have a lot of time on my hands.

Welcome! Please enjoy some :cake: ! There are many conversions you can join hereabouts.

• Like 1
Pizza Seawitch

I wasn't trying to deter anyone from here but just saying for those moments when it's dead on here and you're stuck waiting for activity or maybe they need someone or someone through out the day to talk to... I have plenty of time and would love to make the best of my hours I have to waste.

Apathetic In Auburn

I finally watched (A)sexual on Hulu. It sure did resonate. When I have a chance to gather my thoughts, I have a long list of reasons why I might be here but it's good to know I'm not crazy!

• Like 2
Springvale_David

Hi from David in (Australia). Happy to be in (contact) if you so wish. No issues here. No seeking . . . ? What ever. Just content to (speak if you wish) on any common topic. Via any way to suit you. I am starting a new life here in Melbourne (a huge shift from my past) and if speaking with you is part of this new beginning. (At Over 50) then get back to me. (At your time leisure)

Edited by Qutenkuddly
Removed personally identifying information.
Outofthecrowd

Welcome to AVEN :)

take your time to know for sure how you feel, and be yourself!

and here is some cakes enjoy it

recipe-image-legacy-id--364184_10.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, I am Gabriele but like to be called gab for short. I'm 61 yrs. young and love chatting via email or forum, even getting better in keeping up w/others in the chat room. So let me know if I can be of service to you. I like to talk as well as listen.

Apathetic in Auburn welcome to AVEN and have our traditional 🎂 🎂 greeting

everclear1973

Hi everyone. Nice to be here. I'm female, 42, and recently 'identified', (is that the right term)? as being asexual. Looking for online info and support. :)

• Like 4

Welcome, everclear1973! Please enjoy some :cake: !

• Like 1

Welcome, Apathetic In Auburn! Please enjoy since :cake: !

everclear1973 welcome to AVEN and have our traditional 🎂 🎂 greeting

Have a hunt around the forums and you'll find a lot of like minded people.

• Like 1

You'll be pleased to hear that there are other Australian Aces, and they meet up periodically

• Like 3
Autumn Sunrise

Thanks for the welcome! 42 year old female here from Australia. :)

everclear1973, I hope you enjoy it here and find some new friends. Depending on where you live, you may be able to attend an ace meet up; they happen regularly in Sydney and Melbourne, and from time to time in Brisbane, Newcastle and the Blue Mountains (NSW). There may also be some other areas that I just haven't come across yet :) You can find more information in the Meet-up Mart, under "Community" on the front page of this site.

• Like 2

I have merged the following threads with this one: 'I'm A Newbie', 'Hi! 42 years old and new user', 'Would like to talk with another older asexual person', and 'Do you need someone?'

Qutenkuddly,
Older Asexuals Moderator

• Like 1
Blackpearl1976

Hi everyone, newbie here. Turning 40 in a few months, also this is the first time in my adult life I don't feel on my own :-)

• Like 4

Blackpearl1976 welcome to AVEN and have our traditional 🎂 🎂 greeting

• Like 2
Autumn Sunrise

Welcome, Blackpearl 1976 :cake::cake::cake: This is a place where no one need ever feel alone - I hope you enjoy it here and find some new friends :)

• Like 2

Welcome, Blackpearl1976! Please enjoy since :cake: !

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

This is all totally new to me!In a nutshell - I am now in my late 40's and I have always known there was something different about me. It took two marriages, three difficult relationships and a lot of suicidal thoughts to get here. I have been aware of Asexuality for a few years but never really explored in any depth. It was only in the last few months, after yet another relationship was deteriorating, I was researching a new supposed wonder drug for females that have no desire that I came across a link to AVEN. Finally I feel OK about me!

• Like 4

Welcome, Purple Kitty! Please enjoy some :cake: !

whimsical_dragon

I am in my early 50's. I have a panromantic gray/asexual trans daughter and in researching what exactly this meant, I feel I personally identify as ace but since I only came to this realization a few hours ago, I want to let it settle before I fully claim it. ;) I am at least demi/gray. I also have a pansexual panromantic cis daughter in a same-sex marriage, and a probable ace cis son (he's questioning), so I guess it runs in the family. ;)

• Like 2