Downright Apathetic About What I Am

UglymanCometh

UglymanCometh

Someone had to do it. ;)

Seriously, I'm marginal in every facet of life, except for intelligence. To hear my family and former classmates speak of me, you'd think that I was some sort of "genius". Of course, they're wrong - oh so wrong - and I'm more so just slightly - ever so slightly - above average.

My looks are below average, so I guess the intellect thing balances the sheet out.

Being a man can suck, but then I think of some things that women go through, and I'm happy to be male again.

Being black can suck, especially when you're NOT stereotypically thugging it out, trying to be the quintessential hyper-masculine brotha on the street. For some reason, people don't take my thuggery seriously when I'm qutoing Shakespeare in cowboy boots or playing my guitar. Guess being a starving (well, not literally) artist in derelict Detroit doesn't scream "hardcore". Go figure.

I'm waiting for this spell of depression to exit stage left. Maybe this joint and Napoleon Dynamite will help some.

All in all...... BLAH.

That's all for now.

-Sabraton

Hooray for asexual mediocrity!

Okay, that didn't sound very apathetic, but, honestly, I'm pretty apathetic about my asexuality to. I can't say it fills me with any strong emotions at all.

Maybe this is why I really can't bring myself to care strongly about visibility or the whole asexuality movement in general. I think it's nice that somebody is getting the word out, but I have no desire to do so. I don't even care enough to watch when we end up in the media.

I'm definately an apathetic asexual.

I'm more so just slightly - ever so slightly - above average.

Do you know how very horrible average is? I'm sure you're more than 'slightly' above.

I also think you should start an all-black 'black metal' band to express your rage.

I also think you should start an all-black 'black metal' band to express your rage.

Ice-T did that, actually. I forget what they called themselves, but they only released one album, and it was all but forgotten aside from the song "Cop Killa," which Dan Quail popularized by urging that it be boycotted.

Body Count?

I don't think they were 'Black Metal', (thoughI see where the confusion is coming in)-that's a specific subsection of metal, typically associated with Scandinavian guys burning down churches in over-the-top face paint[/metal nerd].

Body Count?

I don't think they were 'Black Metal', (thoughI see where the confusion is coming in)-that's a specific subsection of metal, typically associated with Scandinavian guys burning down churches in over-the-top face paint[/metal nerd].

Oh right, Body Count.

No, they definately were not black metal in that sense. From what I've heard they were more concerned with burning down police stations and courts than churches.

My looks are below average,

Unless someone is extremely ugly or extremely pretty, how can you tell? How can you measure it?

UglymanCometh

Funny that, I was in a rock band called the "Drunken Irish". Since I'm a full 5% Irish.... lol....

McBuh: I just count how many women have rejected/overlooked me.

You'd have to compare that to the number who have rejected/overlooked everyone else. Plus there are other factors than physical attractiveness.

UglymanCometh
You'd have to compare that to the number who have rejected/overlooked everyone else. Plus there are other factors than physical attractiveness.

not in the black community..... :lol:

well... there's money, but that's pretty damn common amongst all women.

Midnight Violet

Haha!^^ that is signature worthy!

We're in the same boat at this time. I'm not super obsessed, elated or enraged about it. I just roll with it.

It is too much effot to give a damn one way or the other.

Someone had to do it. ;)

Seriously' date=' I'm marginal in every facet of life, except for intelligence. To hear my family and former classmates speak of me, you'd think that I was some sort of "genius". Of course, they're wrong - oh so wrong - and I'm more so just slightly - ever so slightly - above average.

My looks are below average, so I guess the intellect thing balances the sheet out.[/quote']

You look pretty good for a football shirt, though I'm no expert. :)

Being a man can suck, but then I think of some things that women go through, and I'm happy to be male again.

I've never been fussed either way, though I think social stereotypes tend to count against women more.

Being black can suck, especially when you're NOT stereotypically thugging it out, trying to be the quintessential hyper-masculine brotha on the street. For some reason, people don't take my thuggery seriously when I'm qutoing Shakespeare in cowboy boots"

How do you know what Shakespeare was wearing in those quotes?

or playing my guitar.

"Deep down in Louisiana, close to New Orleans..."

Black men playing guitar can be taken very seriously, you know... For that matter, a friend of mine tells me his favourite musician is a chap by the name of Hendrix. Another friend, who's into the rap scene, has made it his mission to prove to me that there can be some decent, often complex instrumentation (including guitar work) behind the better stuff (i.e. the stuff that doesn't make the charts). He still hasn't played me anything I'll admit wouldn't sound better as a blues number, but I must confess it's a lot more varied than the garbage you hear pumped out continually on the radio. It's a real shame the self-styled black community has been so eager to pigeonhole itself into restrictive stereotypes, not least because black musicians led the extraordinary diversification of popular music leading up to the mid-20th Century, from jazz to gospel, blues and rock 'n' roll. The whole rapper-cum-thug thing seems to have forgotten America's black musical heritage, which is very sad for music fans like me.

Phil

mouth brooder
It is too much effot to give a damn one way or the other.

Even too much effort to spell effort--so I am with Midnight Violet--that was signature worthy!!

Uglymancometh,

Me thinks thou dost protest too much, to thoroughly misquote the bard.

Black guitar player in cowboy boots quoting Shakespeare? You are stealing my heart!

Get out of Detroit?? Or stay there because the experience is so character building?

mouth brooder

Pobblebonk said it better than I could while I was still trying.

Uglyman, you look pretty good to me. Can't think why you consider yourself disadvantaged in the looks dept.

I'm with you on the 'apathetic' issue though. Don't want any sex, don't care if anyone knows or not. Lived with this for 40 years unsung, don't count on me joining any pride parades at this late date..

From what I have seen in the pictures, UglymanCometh is not unphotogenic. Maybe people have rejected him for other, and more shallow reasons.

UglymanCometh

Well, if I jump in my DeLorean and set the dial for....

...nah.

Nero laughed

Dude, I know the feeling and the thoughts. Distractions are good. If you haven't got any, go and get some of that old funk or disco music or some acid jazz and play it loud and sing because you can't help but dance to it and you can't dance and feel like shit at the same time. Also funny shit, funny shit and more funny shit, like movies and websites. This really helps me until I can sort things out in those times.

SpirallingSnowy

Im apathetic.... i couldnt care less wether people know or whatever... but i do like to know that im not the only one.... Im happy to be a face for Asexuality or not, doesnt bother me either way. I guess i also have on my side that i actually have had sex, so people wont brush it with the "you havent tried it" rubbish.... But yes... rather apathetic, and rather apathetic and finding a partner as well.... thank god my parents are not like their parents in that they dont expect me to be married already!!!! heheh!! :)

I'm pretty apathetic myself about my asexuality, except when it might be an issue in a relationship (as a result of which it's on my mind somewhat at the moment). However, if I find out that people think of me as sexual or try coming onto me in a sexual manner, I get annoyed - more so since finding AVEN. Fortunately to most of my friends I seem to exude an asexual aura.

Phil

Not to dis you or your hometown, but I've been thinking that your experience might be drastically different if you didn't live in Detroit.

I get stereotypical about folks, then realize I live in Boozton, and people in other places aren't the same.

UglymanCometh

You're probably right, although women from all corners of the planet seem to have the same opinion of me. The last time a woman had a crush on me was during the Reagan Era. And Nintendo was the hottest thing on the market. Of course, I'm only 24, so.....

The one good thing about being such an outcast is that I buck the trend. I successfully avoid the stereotypes that urban Detroiters seem to work so hard to uphold and maintain.... :roll:

If I wasn't raised here, I wouldn't be the "Black Abercrombie Thug", the "Black Dennis Leary", or the "Black Will Hunting".... all nicknames given to me by my (very few) friends. I'd probably be some stereotypical black guy, trying to screw anything that's female. And getting rejected in the process! *kicks*

So yeah, there's some good and bad about the whole situation. Guess that's why I'm so damn apathetic about it.

Archived