What aesthetic attraction to you experience?

Aquilina

Which kind of aesthetic attraction do you experience?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of aesthetic attraction do you experience?

• homo-aesthetic
    • hetero-aesthetic
    • bi-aesthetic
    • pan-aesthetic
    • androgyne-aesthetic
    • masculine-aesthetic
    • feminine-aesthetic
    • I don't experience aesthetic attraction
    • I experience aesthetic attraction to non-humans (for example, animals like dogs)

This poll is closed to new votes

I would say that I can appreciate people's aesthetics (regardless of gender), but I don't experience this as a form of attraction, since it doesn't produce a feeling of being drawn towards that person.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I am mainly attracted aesthetically to women. I am also attracted to males aesthetically, but with men, I experience more of a sensual attraction.

With women, I could stare at one for a while.  😍 

• 1 month later...
Quintus Crinis

I tend to say bi for aesthetic attraction, and can be aesthetically attracted across the gender spectrum. But in fairness, the men I find strongly aesthetically attractive tend to be more feminine

Nice eyes. I'm a sucker for nice eyes.

I guess if I were to put a label on it, my asethetic attraction would be pan.  I tend to lean slightly towards androgynous-looking people, but I've been attracted to most genders at least some of the time.  Gender doesn't really factor into my asethetic attraction all the time, usually I just enjoy seeing people who have interesting or unusual features.

Hetero-aesthetic for me. When I came out to a friend he was really puzzled because when we're out and about I'd comment on a sharp looking girl or agree with him if he said the same. I told him I can appreciate their looks, but that I didn't have any interest in sex.

arekathevampyre
On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 3:03 AM, deltaX said:

Gender doesn't really factor into my asethetic attraction all the time, usually I just enjoy seeing people who have interesting or unusual features.

exactly this !!

J. van Deijck

is there a thing like grey-panaesthetic? because it feels like it could be me :huh:

...I forgot I experience aesthetic attraction to non-binary people...I didn't click Androgyne...

But it's more complicated then that... I don't experience Aesthetic attraction to anything living usually...

2 minutes ago, ThatHuman said:

...I forgot I experience aesthetic attraction to non-binary people...I didn't click Androgyne...

But it's more complicated then that... I don't experience Aesthetic attraction to anything living usually...

Actually - I have no idea... I feel 80% more aesthetic attraction to random objects, then to people... So I'm working here with grains of rice...

I have no clue! - my main attraction is (plainly platonic) sensual attraction, but it works like all things Demi and I only developed that attraction for 2 people...

For the most part aesthetic attraction doesn't bother me but I'll tell you about when it does.

I'll be out in public and see a teenage girl. I'll think to myself, "She's pretty, has a nice smile or (heaven forbid) a great rack for her age." Instantly my conscience will say, "She's young enough to be your granddaughter (I'm 56) for fuck sakes!" Afterwards I feel quite ashamed for thinking this. Probably the only positive (if you can call it that) I can take from these situations is that nothing sexual enters my thoughts. 

I just wish these thoughts wouldn't emerge.

Hopefully nobody else finds themselves in a similar way.

EDIT: By the way, most of my female attraction is to those that are 'older' if anyone thought the attraction was exclusively towards younger girls.

I am usually most attracted to androgynous people, most often those who identify as men. But I do have a HUGE aesthetic attraction for a girl I know. Like I become the heart-eye emoji when I see her. Not sure what it is, lol.

Mundane Mesh

I experience aesthetic attraction towards people of any gender. I obviously have preferences. if I had to state my preferences in terms of gender expression only, I guess the terrible oversimplified description might be something like androgyny > femininity > masculinity. But that's by no means a rule.

FWIW, I'm a sexual; I'm sure there are others. I am very emotionally attracted to very feminine females. I've had two recent crushes on college age female ballet dancers who got to play Clara. I love all the frill and ribbon and delicacy of her character. But most of my sexual fantasies don't revolve around "cute" per se, but "hot". Bronzed, athletic, etc. Womanly vs. girlish.

• 4 months later...

@Aquilina

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived