Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Ridleyactually
On 2/7/2017 at 11:56 AM, Maks9090 said:

Yes! More Teen-specific threads, always a pleasure haha!

Regarding the coroner...

The coroner notices a trend... or actually the fact that the cause of death is always completely different. One girl was suffocated, the next was burned, the next was poisoned so that the cause of death was internal hemorrhage of the stomach. He also notices that the killer(s) keeps getting better and better, leaving less and less marks and accidental damages. It seems like the MO is to experiment with different ways of killing and refining their art as a serial murderer(s). ...

I'm gonna leave it at that. I could go on for quite a while lol

please keep going!!!

17 hours ago, Ridleyactually said:

please keep going!!!

I think they made a separate thread/topic about Teen Coroner, I tried to find the link but there are too many pages and I didn't manage to. Does someone have a link for the TC thread?

Ridleyactually

i really wanna read it

3 hours ago, Ridleyactually said:

i really wanna read it

It stopped getting written when summer holiday finished, so it's only 3 chapters in 

Hey guys! Sorry this isn't about the previously mentioned TV show (it sounds great btw!) I thought I might ask this since I have all these teens here listening. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. The only thing that manages to make me question my asexuality is my age! I'm 16, and started thinking that I might be ace at age 15. I had heard about boys' sexuality since 6th grade, but I didn't think girls felt sexual attraction until adulthood because I never heard about it! But when I saw teen movies/TV shows I started rethinking this. Of course those are dramatized, but by how much? I'm still not sure whether or not there's a typical age that girls start to feel sexual attraction, and I wonder if maybe I might be a late bloomer or something. As far as growing, I was always an avg/early bloomer, but idk if these are even connected. Am I too young to be asexual anyway? Should I give it a few years? When did you guys realize that you were ace? I appreciate any comments/answers. (Sorry this is so long/personal!)😁

7 minutes ago, Izzygolden said:

Hey guys! Sorry this isn't about the previously mentioned TV show (it sounds great btw!) I thought I might ask this since I have all these teens here listening. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. The only thing that manages to make me question my asexuality is my age! I'm 16, and started thinking that I might be ace at age 15. I had heard about boys' sexuality since 6th grade, but I didn't think girls felt sexual attraction until adulthood because I never heard about it! But when I saw teen movies/TV shows I started rethinking this. Of course those are dramatized, but by how much? I'm still not sure whether or not there's a typical age that girls start to feel sexual attraction, and I wonder if maybe I might be a late bloomer or something. As far as growing, I was always an avg/early bloomer, but idk if these are even connected. Am I too young to be asexual anyway? Should I give it a few years? When did you guys realize that you were ace? I appreciate any comments/answers. (Sorry this is so long/personal!)😁

You're not too young. There are many people on here the same age or younger than you who identify as asexual. You can identify as asexual any time you want if it feels right to you. Then if your feelings change over time, you can change your identity.

• Like 2

wait why do i always see cakes on threads no one has explained this to me what do they signify rainbows or something

also i identified as aro ace at thirteen(i still am now) but started realizing the differences between me and my peers when i was twelve so i don't think anyone's too young to be ace (unless they somehow stumbled here and titled theirselves as such without actually knowing stuff which is prettyy impossible)but yep  @Izzygolden

• Like 2

@Aza159, the cake :cake::cake:, is part of an AVEN tradition. It originated from "cake is better than sex", a humerous point of view that asexuals would rather eat cake than have sex. It's now become a popular greeting on this forum. 

Every year there's a birthday party around christmas at a family friend's house and the cake always has dragons. Cake and dragons... Coincidence? I think NOT! :P

• Like 7

I just came out to my best friend and she took it very well! She was very understanding and I feel relieved to have someone I can freely talk to.

Also welcome @Dean.:cake:

• Like 4
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
1 minute ago, Sleepyflame said:

I just came out to my best friend and she took it very well! She was very understanding and I feel relieved to have someone I can freely talk to.

Also welcome @Dean.:cake:

That's so amazing! I'm so happy for you!

• Like 1

@Sleepyflame Squeeeeee! Good job. 

I keep on forgetting where this is xD

i really want to come out to my friends but one of them has a kind of conservative family so idk... i find it really hard to talk to people too so the thought of having to explain what asexuality is when i come out is pretty much just as daunting as the coming out itself

Duke Memphis

Yeah. Some people can't get the concept that some questions have a "None of the above" answer, like "Are you attracted to men or women?"

• Like 4

What doesn’t make sense for me is when some people think that being asexual means you want to grow old by yourself and die by yourself with only your cats or dogs. Meaning that you don’t feel attracted to a single person and that there isn’t any other types of this sexuality. That pisses me off so much.

• Like 1
Just now, Ccrosemary4 said:

What doesn’t make sense for me is when some people think that being asexual means you want to grow old by yourself and die by yourself with only your cats or dogs. Meaning that you don’t feel attracted to a single person and that there isn’t any other types of this sexuality. That pisses me off so much.

Your spot on

Fantastic Name
3 hours ago, Ccrosemary4 said:

It does suck, but I can see where they're coming from. For most people, romance (and not wanting to die alone) and sexuality are intertwined in each other. That, and people just make stupid assumptions a lot.

awkward_pterodactyl
On 1/5/2018 at 9:16 PM, Eva River said:

i really want to come out to my friends but one of them has a kind of conservative family so idk... i find it really hard to talk to people too so the thought of having to explain what asexuality is when i come out is pretty much just as daunting as the coming out itself

Yeah I've tried to tell a couple people and they just don't believe me (that's not a thing, you just haven't met anyone yet, you'll change your mind when you're older, etc) so methinks I'm just going to keep it to myself (and AVEN) for now unless someone asks. I hope one day I meet a fellow ace in real life, though. That would be awesome. If only we had a gaydar for asexuals....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, awkward_pterodactyl said:

If only we had a gaydar for asexuals....

Yeah honestly that would be great 

Though I guess we've got the black ring. And cake :D

• Like 1
On 05/01/2018 at 1:52 PM, Izzygolden said:

When did you guys realize that you were ace?

I know you asked this a while ago but I figured you'd still appreciate answers. 

I worked out that I was ace when I was 15. But I realised I wasn't the same as everyone else when I was 12, I just didn't have the words or the understanding to define it. So no, I don't think you're too young, but there's nothing wrong with giving it a few more years if you need too. :D

awkward_pterodactyl
14 hours ago, Eva River said:

Yeah honestly that would be great 

Though I guess we've got the black ring. And cake :D

Yeah, and dragons. But what if we had an ace tracer or something? Something that singles out anyone who isn't flirting, and also could be used to tell whether someone is flirting with you. A useful tool for us asexuals. I should write infomercials.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, awkward_pterodactyl said:

Yeah, and dragons. But what if we had an ace tracer or something? Something that singles out anyone who isn't flirting, and also could be used to tell whether someone is flirting with you. A useful tool for us asexuals. I should write infomercials.

Now that’s a great idea! :D:cake:

On 07/01/2018 at 9:55 PM, awkward_pterodactyl said:

If only we had a gaydar for asexuals....

It took me until university to meet another ace in person, and they live on my floor! 

• Like 2