Things Ace People Say

=NolePtr

"I'm asexual because I don't look at people and think they're hot/pretty/cute/sexy" is one of my pet peeves. I understand where they're coming from, tbh, but after some time it's annoying to explain that that's not what being asexual means.

13 hours ago, Torn said:

Cake

Why do you hate cake what's wrong with you here have some cake!!!!!!! :cake::cake::cake: /sarc

Joe the Stoic

"You would hate it if someone denied your asexuality, therefore you should..."

Actually I wouldn't hate it.  Go ahead and tell me I am not asexual, and watch how much I won't hate it.

Just now, Joe Parrish said:

Well, not when you're around, duh. <3

Dammit Joe I just took a shower and this made me feel so unclean. (In a bad way, just to be clear.)

...which reminds me of another annoying thing asexuals say: "Bodily fluids are gross. Sex is just unhygienic."

[insert something related to sexuality] is so disgusting, like eww, amiright?

(there's nothing wrong with being repulsed by things, but the assumption, that it's the default attitude of asexuals, bothers me)

5 minutes ago, Snow Cone said:

Dammit Joe I just took a shower and this made me feel so unclean. (In a bad way, just to be clear.)

...which reminds me of another annoying thing asexuals say: "Bodily fluids are gross. Sex is just unhygienic."

Even sexuals say that sex is gross sometimes. They just do it anyway 🤔 I can't speak for myself because it took me 61 years to figure out I don't care for sex. What can I say? I'm a slow learner.

"I've just eaten all the cake" :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
PurveyorOfBadPuns

Me:  "I like kids and plan to have them someday."

Annoying Ace:  "EWWW NO KIDS ARE AWFUL AND SMELLY AND MADE OF POOP ALKSDJFLSKADFKSJDLF"

PurveyorOfBadPuns

Oh, and I forgot, "Aces are intellectually superior to sexuals because all sexuals are driven by their base instincts and can't think when they see someone they find attractive."

I mean, I sometimes can't think because I got so excited about a TV show or something so nah…

Joe the Stoic

"I just wanted to have a traditional relationship with my spouse, and they keep asking for sex.  Why don't they leave me alone?"

5 hours ago, PurveyorOfBadPuns said:

Annoying Ace:  "EWWW NO KIDS ARE AWFUL AND SMELLY AND MADE OF POOP ALKSDJFLSKADFKSJDLF"

Now this I can fully agree with! :lol:  Meaning that the response is annoying, not the original line... 

Another version of this: "Kids take away all your freedom and you will have no life of your own" (which someone has actually said here, more or less) :( 

8 hours ago, PurveyorOfBadPuns said:

I've heard lots of kid-hating sexuals say this too. Like, just because you don't want kids doesn't mean you have to be an asshole to people who do <_<

Or worse, they're mean to the kids themselves

PurveyorOfBadPuns
1 hour ago, emma-can said:

I've heard lots of kid-hating sexuals say this too. Like, just because you don't want kids doesn't mean you have to be an asshole to people who do <_<

Or worse, they're mean to the kids themselves

True, I've heard it from sexual friends, but every time I even hint at kids on here I get swarmed by people saying I'm weird!  I'm like, I thought this was supposed to be a validating community?

Asexuality is just about being attracted to nobody so you should all go xxxx yourself as I do have plenty of sex all time and enjoy it very much !!!

"I'm fhuaporsdirqgheprinromantic, which means, that I only am attracted to people whose personality pleases me, but I would like to know them a little bit before dating, and I might occasionally grow bored of physical affection and need some space!"

(ok, I'm not all serious, I haven't seen any super-superfluous labels lately :D )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A friend of mine posted on Twitter saying they were going through ace discourse (presumably on Tumblr) and apparently someone wrote a long-ass argument about how asexuals should be able to reclaim the slur "retarded" because they "don't get sex jokes"

Who the everloving fuck-

^^ I think that belongs in a different category (of stupidity).

"I don't get this sex joke."

or alternatively 

"Explain this sex joke to me."

We get sex jokes. We just don't live them.

I get them. I'm just tired of people perpetuating that stereotype. They're not that hard.

I just don't find them funny, personally.

That's different from "I'm so ace I don't get this obvious penis reference." 

1 hour ago, borkfork said:

That's different from "I'm so ace I don't get this obvious penis reference." 

Ohh, true. It isn't exclusive to asexuals to not find them funny, too.

iwannagayhorse

"Masturbation? That's something I've never heard of!!"

"Could you please explain me this very easy and obvious joke, cuz I don't get it, heehee (because I am ace, duh)."

"I'm 13 and I know I'm asexual. Even babies can know they're ace!"

"I can have sex, but only with someone I truly love, so that makes me somehow unique on ace spectrum, even though majority of people feel the same way."

On 2017-5-19 at 1:05 PM, emma-can said:

A friend of mine posted on Twitter saying they were going through ace discourse (presumably on Tumblr) and apparently someone wrote a long-ass argument about how asexuals should be able to reclaim the slur "retarded" because they "don't get sex jokes"

Who the everloving fuck-

That's tumblr for you. You could fill pages upon pages of this thread with the ace discourse you find there. They're on another level on that site.

Annoying things:

"I saw another asexual today because they wore a black ring!" Many ppl regardless of sexualities wear black rings. 

Archived