Hi

petal

Hi, I'm new here, I dont really know if I belong here, I dont really belong anywhere. Anyways I think I must be asexual as I dont want to have a sexual relationship but I would really like to have a romantic, loving, caring relationship, although I know my chances of having that are extremely poor. I find it really hard being asexual as I really dont want to be alone. I'm an indian female, 32 years old, living in greater london. I suffer from social phobia/anxiety and depression. Anyways bye for now.

Hi nad welcome.

Have some :cake:

There are people here who can relate to your story.

Please feel free to have a read around.

Hope AVEN helps.

Welcome! Have some more :cake::cake::cake::cake: !!!

I think many people here feel just as you do. Few people want to be totally alone; but lots of us don't want a sexual relationship!

I hope you'll enjoy AVEN.

Hi, I'm new here, I don’t really know if I belong here, I don’t really belong anywhere.

Petal,

That is exactly how I felt coming in- there had never been a place for me to belong. I felt that some place such as AVEN was virtually Impossible how could I have been so odd and alone for so long only to suddenly find not only a single person that could understand; but a thriving community of them?! We’re not alone anymore. Though most of us are scattered all over- we do have each other through AVEN.

Anyways I think I must be asexual as I don’t want to have a sexual relationship but I would really like to have a romantic, loving, caring relationship, although I know my chances of having that are extremely poor. I find it really hard being asexual as I really don’t want to be alone.

A majority of people here, if I am correct, want this same thing. Asexuals do not have to a-romantic by any mean. They can experience physical attraction as well… it’s just not sexual attraction. You aren’t the only one anymore. If you look around you’ll see how many people sound so much like you that it’s almost ridiculous. More behaviors than most realize revolves around sexuality- and asexuals walk around in a very different world than sexuals. Now there are others who experience the same confusions and frustrations. Even if you aren’t asexual- no one here will be mad or even bother you about your sexuality or the lack thereof. It’s a wonderful sub-society here.

Oh- and a ton of individuals at AVEN also have your “asocial” or “antisocial” qualities along with depression. Some have been formally diagnosed with conditions such as Asperger’s syndrome or autism. Others just don’t like sociality- and maybe they even have conditions… but they don’t particularly care about it. It’s just another point on a spectrum and they’re on the low end. The depression is probably from the familiar “lack of understanding”. Only, unlike many who suffer from this, you’re reason is obvious and completely valid. It’s not just and attention-seeking mechanism. You’re not being understood because your views deviate so strongly from the norm. That probably doesn’t really help your depression much… but I can offer you my empathy. Welcome home, Petal!

Archived