Yo fo shizzle

Varden

I thought I'd enter with a stupid thread name. :D

Anyway howdy all, my name's Varden (well it is here). I'm an asexual thing, I usually avoid labelling myself but I guess you could call me a furry too though the definition of furry is very very vague. I live in England and love the rain we're so famous for. I'm 18 and very very bored as I'm on my gap year and haven't actually done anthing constructive.

I believe I've been asexual all my life; I've had two relationships in my time and in both I felt uncomfortable and pressurised to be more..active (its the only word I could come up with) sad to say they both ended with me feeling pretty useless and wondering what was wrong with me.

Then I discovered the internet *ding ding* and asexuality too. It's so comforting when you find out your not alone, ya know?

I'm mostly here to discover a bit more about asexuality and also to talk to people who understand what it is (my sexual friends seem to think I'm joking or sad when I say I'm asexual).

I've also been lurking for a while and think this forum/board is a really nice place, something rare on the internet these days it seems.

Well hope I haven't left anything out, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Toodle pip.

Yo! :cake: :cake:

Welcome from another guess-you-could-call-me-a-furry! *shakes paw* You probably noticed a thread on this over here. Hmm, I wonder why asexuals are so cautious about calling ourselves furries? *looks at VCL, watches CSI* Oooh, that's right.

Glad you've found us. We are indeed quite a unique bunch. See you around,

HS

Hi nad welcome.

Have some more :cake:

AVEN is a friendly place to be.

Enjoy it here.

Hi Varden, glad you decided to de-lurk and join up.

That "not alone" feeling is absolutely intoxicating, isn't it? I wandered around in a happy daze for about a week after finding AVEN.

Have some traditional welcome AVEN :cake::cake::cake::cake:

PS - Love the avatar; nice kitty kitty!

Cake! *eats it all*

I've been craving food terribley today so it's very welcome. ^ ^

Thankyou for making me feel welcome. :)

Varden,

Yes, we can all relate to the strange overwhelming and incredibly beautiful feeling of walking into a place where our lack of sexuality is not challenged. We don’t have to prove our validity here, and your legitimacy as whatever you are is your business. Regardless of what exactly you are- people here are generous and accepting. I believe that I have also been asexual all my life- and now I have a whole group of people that I can relate to an carry out an intelligent conversation with without getting lost in some of the patterns of thinking. For many sexuals- sex comes into play in arguments that they don’t even realize are so influenced that it makes any difference. It is these slight/subliminal differences which sum to forge such huge discrepancies between many asexuals and the sexual world. This community is open to all and encourages empathy and understanding between people however different they are even in something as specific as asexuality. You are most definitely right: AVEN is a truly wonderful place. Welcome!

Archived