Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

Piotrek

@Sally From what I understood as an non-American looking in casually through the window of YouTube, he would have to be convicted specifically of sedition/trying to overturn the government to be disqualified.

"He was just a dude" says a dismissed juror :D 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the fact that this case concerns an extramarital affairs has caused people (and the media) to emphasize that it's about sex, when it's not.  It's about him committing financial fraud.  

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Piotrek said:

From what I understood as an non-American looking in casually through the window of YouTube, he would have to be convicted specifically of sedition/trying to overturn the government to be disqualified.

That goes to the 14th Amendment.  However, he has not been charged with either sedition or trying to overthrow; thus, he doesn't have to worry about it.   

• Like 1
ben8884

I wonder what careers Trump's lawyers will have when this is done.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ben8884 said:

If their defense is successful in any of these cases, they will be considered dynamite lawyers.  

From what I've seen they haven't been doing themselves any favors. :P

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, daveb said:

From what I've seen they haven't been doing themselves any favors. :P

I wonder if he's now down to the bottom of the barrel, lawyer-wise, since he doesn't follow advice and doesn't always pay.  But as I said, if they can pull it off. they will be considered the top of the heap.  

Fraggle Underdark

If they somehow manage a win I think they'd be considered top-of-the-heap in the way Trump sort of is: obviously pathetic but just the right level of stupid to prat fall their way to success. Or the defense succeeded despite them.

• Like 2
Olallieberry
9 hours ago, ben8884 said:

At least thirteen of his lawyers have already been:

Criminally charged
Convicted
Sanctioned/censured
Disbarred
License suspended
or have the above actions pending as of now.

Several of his lawyers are "unindicted co-conspirators" in the Jan. 6 conspiracy case in Washington. Just because they're unindicted as of now doesn't mean they won't be.

MAGA: Make Attorneys Get Attorneys

• Like 4