Too much sex talk

Mageru

Over the last month, my group of friends have upped the anti on their sexual exploits. Whenever I talk to them, the conversation somehow always boomarangs back to sex, sex and more sex. I want my friends to feel like they can talk to me about anything, but I can't bring myself to want to listen to them when all they talk about is how much they need to get laid, or what they did with/to a guy the other day. I'm by no means a prude, but currently, I'd like to not have sex shoved into my face at every corner without fail. It makes me sad, you know? Here on one end I'm talking about what happened on the Golden Girls, and on the other end I'm hearing about "office relations". It's times like these that I get a glimpse of how pathetic I really am....

Over the last month, my group of friends have upped the anti on their sexual exploits. Whenever I talk to them, the conversation somehow always boomarangs back to sex, sex and more sex. I want my friends to feel like they can talk to me about anything, but I can't bring myself to want to listen to them when all they talk about is how much they need to get laid, or what they did with/to a guy the other day. I'm by no means a prude, but currently, I'd like to not have sex shoved into my face at every corner without fail. It makes me sad, you know? Here on one end I'm talking about what happened on the Golden Girls, and on the other end I'm hearing about "office relations". It's times like these that I get a glimpse of how pathetic I really am....

There is nothing pathetic about you wanting to have some variety in conversation. Too much of anything gets boring. Politely changing the

subject is ok, too.

You're not pathetic.

I have met sexuals who get bored with sex tlak all the time and long for something more interesting to be dicussed.

So you're not alone.

What make you think you are pathetic?

As ApolloSeek said any topic gets boring if it goes on and on. It just gets boring quicker if you are not interested. There's only so long you can patiently and politely listen to someone before it wears you down. But it sounds like you're having trouble getting them to change the subject.

Thanks guys! Hehe, the pathetic part comes from having only the days episode of the Golden Girls to talk about, lol. I'm between jobs, so I don't have much else to do besides looking for work ^^

I actually changed the subject quite alot, but it always comes back to sex no matter how much I do it :/

It probably always comes back to sex because sex is on people's minds a lot. It could be natural, it could be a product of societal standards (people feeling like they HAVE to talk/think about sex because it's everywhere anyway). Plus, sex can be a funny thing. Sex is a huge factor in the conversations at my lunchtable at school and I have no problem with it because it's the more humourous side of it that always comes up. So if it's potentially funny, people will talk about it because making other people laugh makes you feel good. I don't know. Just theories.

It is rather sad that sometimes people just can't seem to talk about anything else, though. That's where I think the obsession with sex is somewhat produced by society and isn't natural because there is so much more to life and so much more to talk about....it just doesn't seem correct that your body can make you that obsessed with one little act. I mean, we all need to eat, and usually we all really like eating, but do people talk about food all the time? Not unless they're really hungry.

You're not pathetic.

I have met sexuals who get bored with sex tlak all the time and long for something more interesting to be dicussed.

So you're not alone.

that is why I try to hang out with older people... at a college :wink:

Thanks guys! Hehe, the pathetic part comes from having only the days episode of the Golden Girls to talk about, lol. I'm between jobs, so I don't have much else to do besides looking for work ^^

I know the feeling :) I'm trying to find hobbies in the mean time, sad when all I can think to talk about is work, and then suddenly I don't have any, and therefore nothing to say either! ;)

I have friends who will talk about sex- share stories and what not. It can be awkward because I have nothing to say on the subject, no stories to tell.

I've never heard of Golden Girls, so I couldn't really appreciate that sentence.

Don't worry, whenever I talk to people at uni it's always about maths and physics.

Don't your friends have any other interests? If you could find something they are really interested in you may be able to get the conversation away from sex for a bit longing.

I've never heard of Golden Girls, so I couldn't really appreciate that sentence.

Don't worry, whenever I talk to people at uni it's always about maths and physics.

Don't your friends have any other interests? If you could find something they are really interested in you may be able to get the conversation away from sex for a bit longing.

The Golden Girls is a tv show about 4 old woman that live in the same house, and it's quite funny! Math and Physics? That would suck :/

... I wish people would talk math with me. That'd be a nice break from all the racist/sexist jokes.

Archived