Sologamy: Alone, Sexless, and Loving It

loomborn

This is the first time I hear about sologamy to be honest :D

[...] Singletons self-identify as asexual, meaning they’re not interested in sex at all, with anyone, no matter how physically and/or emotionally attractive. So instead of being heterosexual or homosexual or bisexual, these individuals are asexual. That’s their sexual orientation. And the fact that their friends and their siblings and sometimes even their therapists don’t understand that fact doesn’t change it.

Source: http://blogs.psychcentral.com/sex/2016/04/sologamy-alone-sexless-and-loving-it/

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

That's awesome!!! I've never heard of sologamy before. That's my life as far as the lifestyle I want is concerned :)

Would it be ironic if I said Singleton is part of my last name? :lol: (seriously. That's no joke)

I'm going to be like this, living with people seems to make my relationships worse not better, I need a lot of room.

radical acceptance

Great article. Thanks for the link. I have lived alone for the past 9 mos after an almost a 25 yr marriage and am really liking it. What the article says is so true. I am enjoying doing things with friends so much. I did some things with friends when married but felt guilty if I left my spouse alone too much. When married I was lonely as my spouse was not very social. Interestingly, he initiated the divorce. Just sharing my experience. Thanks.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Yes, that's been my lifestyle since my daughter left home in 2009. Wouldn't swap it for the world.

I always noticed how friends became unavailable for previously enjoyed social events just because they suddenly attached to a lover.....is that the meaning of love then? Having to give up the things and people you enjoy?

Archived