Why Little Women: [Insert Location]?

An1

I recently have been watching a few Lifetime reality shows: Little Women: LA and Little Women: NY. My first impression of the series was that they were more committed to friendship than Basketball Wives: LA. Yet the LW of NY were 'tamed' compared to the LA ones. I noticed the LP wouldn't enjoy a fight as some AP would; the LP were so quick break up physical altercations. In fact, there has never been a fight in any of the LW series. But I digress since I don't usually watch reality shows, esp on Lifetime. Well, actually, my first thought of the series were, 'why only Little Women'? Why is there no 'Little Men'? Most of the LA LW are in straight romances, yet the LM don't have as much of a voice because of their gender. One of the main NY LW casts is a man and thus have as much voice about the plot, so why wouldn't the show be 'Little People: NY'? Since half of America is male, and that most males are masculine, shouldn't Lifetime make more shows that also appeal to the masculine in order to gain views if they really want more profit?

Lifetime is an American cable and satellite television channel that is part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, a subsidiary of A+E Networks, which is jointly owned by the Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.[1][2]The channel features programming that is geared toward women or features women in lead roles.

There you go.

Simple answer is, you put a show called "Little Men" on that channel and people (primarily women) will be wondering "WTF is this shit doing on my channel?"

Not every piece of media tries to appeal to everyone or the majority group. A lot of TV shows, books, musicals, or whatever have target demographics that they try to appeal to. "Women" is a huge demographic, and actually they're the gender that consumes the most media. Women read more books, watch more TV, and, despite the stereotypes, even play more videogames than men. (The non-binary population is relatively small and outweighed by mere population regardless of any consumerist habits.)

Archived