So feminine but not female?

Pumpkin_king

Pumpkin_king

Okay I was born with the sex of female. But I am not 100% that I am female. I like feeling feminine but not being identified as a female if that makes sense. Like I really wanna wear lolita clothing all the time. But I also like pants. And not having boobs. I have a bit not overly but a bit of dysphoria about my chest. In daydreams I have of myself I do not have boobs. Ever. I don't feel like a guy eather. I feel like me. Not really a Gender. But not genderless.

I wonder if this makes sense. I have been called sir before and that was fine. But I don't like being called she or her as much. I used to go by puppet king a long time ago. I never wanted to be a princess but like a knight or king.

I like the idea of being a guy at times and dressing in dresses. I love cross dressing. When I am in a suit or nice clothing like that from the mens department it felt better. But I don't really feel like a guy cuz I just don't care one way or another. I just feel more okay with male terms. So i am not sure.

I like being feminine but I don't like being female. Is that normal? I am not sure I am trans but I don't know. I would love to talk to people about it.

Hi, dear;

I can relate to you a lot. I only want to be seen as a person, not as a woman or as a man. For a long time I thought I wanted to be a man, but that's not the case, I just want to be myself. I don't see clothes as ''feminine'' or ''masculine''. If I like them, I'll wear them, that's all.

It has also happened to me that I sometimes want to bind my chest. Not because I want to look like a man, but because I don't want to be seen as a woman either. I'd like to go outside with no shirt without that being a problem, without having people stare at me :unsure:

I have never been called ''sir'', but I'd take it as a compliment, lol. Some time ago, someone told me something along the lines of ''that's enough, woman'' and I was like: don't call me that!

I consider myself a very brave, passionate person, and as such, I never wanted to be a princess. Not because that would mean being a girl... but because I didn't want to be the damsel in distress. I am no damsel in distress. So I felt that if I was a knight I could be more myself. I could wear the same things they wear... and I found that fascinating ^_^ I love suits and ties, as well.

Maybe, as you say, it's not that we feel like a man. It's not that we feel like a woman. We just don't care, but maybe we can more easily identify with things or behaviors that are usually considered masculine... and that's okay!

I really hope that at least you feel a little less alone now, it certainly makes me feel less alone, to know that someone feels in a similar way. :D

forest_knight_by_drawingnightmare-d4jpp7

You're saying yourself that you don't feel like a guy either. Actually, how you're explaining this sounds pretty clear, and there's nothing really unnormal about it to me. So you don't feel like a female, and not male either and also not genderless, maybe it's a bit of both then. You don't like your chest, well if I had boobs but wouldn't really feel female then I wouldn't like them either. There's like a thousand other things between male and female you can see yourself as after all, even if you put two people next to each other that actually identify as trans they're gonna say different things about how they feel about their gender.

I'm a guy (biologically, or how you call that.) and I'm doing that the same. I don't feel like I'm male but that doesn't mean I'm female. When people ask me if I'm transexual because I run around in girls' clothes one day, that's a clear nope. I don't feel like I'm in the wrong body at all, I just like clothes that don't "fit it" sometimes. Most of the time I like simple unisex clothing, sometimes eye make up or nail polish, doesn't really have anything to do with my gender IMO.

So people including myself refer to me as male because that's what it happened to be and I don't really get the fuss about gender personally. (It just makes sense. When someone asks me what I am, I don't need to put together an essay about gender identitiy when I'm perfectly fine being male. I don't really need to clearly identify as male for that I guess. Sometimes I'll just make this gay broken-wrist-gesture and say I'm fabulous, they get that too.^^)

I can't really imagine I'd have any problem with a male body even if I did feel female. I'm lucky because I look pretty androgynous, which is just the way I see it myself. OK, you clearly see I'm male still and I liked it better when people would just be confused earlier. But I guess that's because I could just decide what I'm gonna look like after how I feel the day then.

Also, Mulan rules. Who said princess/knight doesn't work both :D

LadyErzsebet

You definitely could be non-binary and it sounds to me like that's most likely. Gender =/= presentation, so it doesn't matter if you exclusively wear the frilliest of dresses (which, given that you're into lolita, is a possibility :D when I feel like presenting feminine, I like a lot of lolita-aesthetics too) or if you wear nothing but suits. What you wear does not determine your gender! Its totally normal for non-binary people to enjoy a presentation, like feminine, but not identify as female. It happens all the time and is totally ok.

Gender is some really weird stuff and its tough to figure out but you can do it! You're awesome! :cake:

yoongi-lester

Gender expression isn't the same as gender indentity. There are plenty of people out there who have certain gender expressions that aren't completely like their actual gender! You could be a cis man and wear frilly pretty dresses and stuff, but you wouldn't be any less male than a typical masculine male.

From what you've said, you might possibly be a demiboy/demiguy or maybe genderflux. I suggest looking into both of them. However, you could always just identify as agender as you appear to be doing now, as there are lots of terms that can fall under the agender umbrella.

Gender is such a complicated thing. I hope you found any of this information useful!

Archived