Not sure...

missnicegirl

Hi. I just joined this site a a few weeks ago because I read an article in Elle Girl on asexuality. As I read the article, I kept saying to myself, "oh my God, this sounds like me!" And I could just relate to the asexual ppl and their experiences. After reading the article I started examining myself and researching heavily on asexuality. And now the "evidence" shows that I may just be asexual. But then again, I could just be just sexually repressed. All I know is that when I look at a guy I find attractive, I find him just that, attractive. There is no drive for me to want to be physical (to have sex) with him. I'd rather just (as silly as it sounds) take in his gorgeousness and get to know him. Now, I do have sexual fantasies but if I had a chance to act on them in real life, I wouldn't. For some reason I can't see myself having sex with someone. Eventhough I've held on to the idea that I want to save my virginity for marriage. I guess I've been saying this because its a lot more "safe" and acceptable than saying, "oh, I don't think I'll ever have sex 'cause it just doesn't seem to interest me." I'm 22 and I've never truly had the urge to go out and screw a guy, I just don't think its in me. I just feel there are a lot more pleasureable things to do than have sex. I'd rather do other things with a guy than have sex, like get to really know him and just be with him without "all that other stuff" (sex). I don't know. I still feel confused...

Lady Heartilly

Welcome, missnicegirl! Awesome screen name! ^_^ I think we have a lot in common.

Welcome missnicegirl.

This is definately the place to find others who feel as you do. Hope you enjoy it here. Have some more :cake:

Hi nad welocme.

Have some more :cake:

Glad you found AVEN.

There is quite a mix of asexuals here.

Have a read aorund I'm sure it help you figure things out.

Hey, missnicegirl - glad to have you join us! You're sure to find lots of things here that will help you sort things out and make you think. I know for me, lots of light bulbs :idea: went on as I explored the purple planet.

Have some :cake: in case you get hungry while you roam!

Welcome to AVEN. Don't worry too much about labeling yourself right now... Just keep looking around and you'll start to sort things out.

Morgan Underhill

Welcome! Have some more cake! :cake::cake::cake:

I know what you mean about looking at someone and simply finding them nice looking, but that's all. I see it as simply enjoying seeing beauty, I guess.

I feel that exact same confusion that you feel, i tend to just enjoy the attraction rather than taking it to a further physical level

Mb Loves Batman

Welcome and its great you are learning so young. I went through marriage and family and relationships with sexual males never worked and I knew I was different, just didn't understand til I found this site. Its wonderful that you are discovering to save alot of discomfort through the years to come.

this site is enlightening and feeds the hungary well --- thirst no more.

Archived