Ask a cliché - Asexuals (german)

Safran

The german newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung has a new series calles "Ask a cliché" where prejudices against some groups are adressed. In the videos a person belonging to a group that faces a lot of prejudices (like a homeless person or a person with tourette) answer questions that other people usually don't dare to ask. The videos are supposed to stop people from gossiping about those groups and to encourage a dialog. In the last video an asexual woman answered questions from the readers.

I was really happy about that video, because asexuality is not something people here talk about and I never expected something like this from such a huge newspaper. The video itself is really good ,too, as she explaines how asexuality is a spectrum and highlights that everyone has a different attitude towards intimacy.

The video's in german and there are no subtitles, so most of you are probably not able to understand it, but I wanted to share it anyway. :)

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/leben/frag-ein-klischee-asexuelle-fehlt-dir-der-reiz-am-sex-1.2485810

Sutaomiiru

Es war gut. Aber ich wünschte, dass sie den Tartesherz erzählen würdet.

kiaroskuro

Thanks for sharing! I've already seen this gal somewhere on youtube; I had no idea that the SZ created or initiated the series.

Es war gut. Aber ich wünschte, dass sie den Tartesherz erzählen würdet.

Hm, what do you mean? Cake joke?

Archived