Asexual Men Musings

Tyger Songbird
1 hour ago, daveb said:

No. Because it's not the truth (not for me anyway).

Absolutely it's not true. The problem being is that most people tend to never accept or adopt an "acceptance" standard. They must make you conform or fall in to their view of satifactory.

• Like 2
Tyger Songbird

It's just weird to me that people will say that people say they "became a man" after they had sex and lose the V-Card conceivably. It's amazing how almost the entire culture believes this statement as factual truth. Like, you've never really grown up if you haven't had sex before. Or you're not a man or woman if you don't know your way around the bedroom. Ugh! What a bunch of bunkus!  Why people purport these ideations in my opinion is beyond me. However, they are there, and the culture at large really takes it as truth and proceeds to castigate others like me off it as "late bloomers" or "immature children" who haven't "blossomed". And that's what's messed up to me. That draws my ire.

Edited by tygersongbird
Adding info
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, tygersongbird said:

Maybe we asexual guys should just say we're gay, so they get off our backs.

There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not going to be the one who makes it :P

• Like 6
Somebodysomeone

Everbody I tell im ace just tells me im gay and dont know it yet annoying as hell in never talk about or look at men xd 

• Like 2
Tyger Songbird
34 minutes ago, Verbosoul said:

There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not going to be the one who makes it :P

Well, I was kind of hoping people would see the joke in it really. I meant it as sarcasm.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, tygersongbird said:

It's just weird to me that people will say that people say they "became a man" after they had sex and lose the V-Card conceivably. It's amazing how almost the entire culture believes this statement as factual truth. Like, you've never really grown up if you haven't had sex before. Or you're not a man or woman if you don't know your way around the bedroom. Ugh! What a bunch of bunkus!  Why people purport these ideations in my opinion is beyond me. However, they are there, and the culture at large really takes it as truth and proceeds to castigate others like me off it as "late bloomers" or "immature children" who haven't "blossomed". And that's what's messed up to me. That draws my ire.

Why would I want to grow up?  Kids have all the fun anyways.  I'll stay a boy forever and never have to do any of that annoying adult stuff.  Like taxes.  <ugh>  And now I return to filing T4s and stuff.

• Like 1

As an asexual man(don't be fooled by my username or profile pic) I always thought it's kinda a shame how men who aren't interested in sexual stuff gets put down and claim it's unmanly to not be like that stuff. It's actually more manly(or better way to describe it as being mature about it) is acceptance of other people's orientation.

Some person said that there's no such thing as asexual and claimed no one wants to do that nasty stuff which is actually the other way around that I don't want to do that with anyone, people need to be a bit more open minded and not shame others about different preferences on the subject.

Funny thing is that I use to thing others were weird for liking that stuff until I was more familiar with asexuality more and how noticeably repulsed I get by stuff related to things that I find too lewd.

• Like 4
Tyger Songbird
1 hour ago, Zash said:

Why would I want to grow up?  Kids have all the fun anyways.  I'll stay a boy forever and never have to do any of that annoying adult stuff.  Like taxes.  <ugh>  And now I return to filing T4s and stuff.

Yup, I don't get it either. What's wrong with being a kid? Besides, little kids can be sweet. Adults can be ruthlessly evil, really. Not all, but I seem to be meeting a bevvy of them. So, what's the downside to that?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Zash said:

You had to spoil the evening mentioning T4s 

Years ago I was talking to a female friend on the phone. She asked me how old I was. I said 32 going on 23. She thought that was a pretty good attitude. I haven't really freaked out at any 'milestone birthdays' (my brother wasn't too thrilled when he turned 40). Not sure how I'll react when I'm 60. The depressing thing is that I'm getting closer to the end of the tape measure (as my brother calls it).

• Like 3

30 and 40 were no problem. Turning 50 made me stop, for a moment. 7 years to go unitl 60...just around the corner.

• Like 2

60 was no problem. It's just another number to me; no different from turning 59 or 61.

• Like 5
On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:56 AM, Tja said:

Has someone changed the way the majority of people on this planet think, and being homosexual is no longer "a problem"? :P:lol:

Funny story - nothing sordid omitted, of course (because nothing happened nor was intended!). 

A few years ago I was chatting to a chap online and we soon became friends. We met up a few times and after a month or so he brought his male partner of three years along. Almost the first words out of his mouth after meeting me were: 

"So, are you gay like us... or a filthy bi?" 

I was shocked! I don't know if it was supposed to be a joke or something that just flew over my head, but to hear a happily-involved gay individual comment something like that really took the wind out of my sails. First impressions and all. 

Anyhow, he seemed happy enough when I confirmed that I had no intentions to be chasing ladies and/or gentlemen in their presence. I didn't out myself as asexual as I didn't know that that was my nature at the time. 

So, TLDR in answer to Tja's query: homosexuals appear to be part of the norm to the extent that some can pick on other orientations. 

• Like 6

I've read a few posts from female asexuals that had children (who they adore) while married to a sexual. I'm not sure if they realised they were asexual before, during or after the marriage. 

That being said, I wonder if there are males (knowing they were asexual) that are/were married and fathered children to satisfy a sexual wife?

TheLastOfSheila
12 hours ago, will123 said:

I've read a few posts from female asexuals that had children (who they adore) while married to a sexual. I'm not sure if they realised they were asexual before, during or after the marriage. 

That being said, I wonder if there are males (knowing they were asexual) that are/were married and fathered children to satisfy a sexual wife?

I am a female asexual with children, who was married to a sexual.  I honestly did not know I was asexual until after the marriage.  Better late than never though. 

"The past keeps getting clearer every day." ^_^

• Like 6
12 hours ago, will123 said:

Ugh, I hope that nobody out there decides to breed just to "satisfy" anyone, regardless of their orientation.

• Like 4

unfortunately, @Homer, it's what society requires of EVERYONE. (Not that that should matter, of course. It doesn't, at least not to me. I'm just saying that society is messed up. Erm... In  my opinion.)

I don't even know what this "society" is to begin with. All I know is that I have never been required to do such a thing.

I think it's silly to blame everything on "society"; it leaves the impression of being completely powerless. "I'd like to live my life [like this] but society won't let me / looks down on me for that / ..." Yes, you can't influence other people's perception of your actions but you can influence what you make of it in return. I lost count of the amount of times people pestered me with going to uni after school. I didn't want to and I didn't go. Could I have made more money that way? Probably. Would it have been more fitting to my abilities and talents (whatver those are to begin with)? Probably. Would I have liked my occupation as much as what I'm doing now? Who knows. Point is, I'm happy the way it is (at least in this regard). That's all that matters and I couldn't care less about whatever "society" thinks about me for doing what I do.

I'd really like to know how many people pull off stuff they're not really into just to "fit in". It's basically people measuring their own worth by assuming the thoughts of other people. How crazy is that? Why does that happen?

(General you applies, but I hope that was clear right away :))

• Like 4

In the village here goes

Single mother, three kids all different fathers

Woman shacked up with a guy. He's the father of her last kid. She had three others with two guys.

Woman divorced with two kids, starts working at the little grocery store. Starts sleeping with the unmarried of the three co-owners. Has two kids with him and then gets married.

Girl living with a roofer not a great job for wages and/or benefits in Canada is expecting her third.

Is it any wonder breeder is used in a derogatory way?

TheLastOfSheila
18 hours ago, will123 said:

In the village here goes

Single mother, three kids all different fathers

Woman shacked up with a guy. He's the father of her last kid. She had three others with two guys.

Woman divorced with two kids, starts working at the little grocery store. Starts sleeping with the unmarried of the three co-owners. Has two kids with him and then gets married.

Girl living with a roofer not a great job for wages and/or benefits in Canada is expecting her third.

Is it any wonder breeder is used in a derogatory way?

Not sure what you're trying to say there will123.  The situations you list are way too generalized to make any conclusions.  Do you generally use the word "breeder" in a derogatory way?  Seems a little biased towards women.  It does take both genders to create a child after all.  Aren't the males in your "statements" just as much breeders as the females?

• Like 4

Yeah, @Homer, society does seem like a scapegoat here, but, societal pressures can cause people to do really illogical things (a la tide pod challenge), or things that they wouldn't do otherwise, for a reward of not being ridiculed or whatever. Sometimes society is indeed a scapegoat, other times, the societal pressures really are the root cause. It depends. 

I honestly think that a large part of this "societal pressure" is the growing inability of some people to handle different opinions.

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree. There's enough people to feel like it's everybody, though, so we interpret it as society in general. (I think.) But is it them who are actually the source? People are complicated. Too complicated for me. Too many intricacies. (I'd better stop complaining now)

On 2/1/2018 at 2:29 PM, TheLastOfSheila said:

Not sure what you're trying to say there will123.  The situations you list are way too generalized to make any conclusions.  Do you generally use the word "breeder" in a derogatory way?  Seems a little biased towards women.  It does take both genders to create a child after all.  Aren't the males in your "statements" just as much breeders as the females?

Sorry I know my post sounded one sided, but yes it does take two to 'tango' As far as I'm concerned the males in these couplings are just as bad. Im just afraid most of these kids will be facing a pretty upbill battle growing up.

As someone posted recently a female is treated as a 'penis hole' by some males. From what Ive seen of three of the females (the first is kind of distantly related, so I have inside info) suffer from what my mother who grew up here, suffer from weak knees and round heels. Her next comment would be, "Have these girls not heard of birth control?! The last I think is one of three spoiled siblings that figure they'll live on their inheritance. Her and her younger brother have absolutely NO ambition.

• 2 weeks later...

I think beards are on the way out again. That's kinda sad. I like having a face-warmer.

But I also got some shaving stuff for Christmas which is really nice and leaves my skin super soft, so that's also kinda good.

IJDK

• Like 1

I used to grow a beard before winter & shave it off in the spring. The last year ('98) it was getting to be more grey than brown. Moreso than my hair.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, will123 said:

I used to grow a beard before winter & shave it off in the spring. The last year ('98) it was getting to be more grey than brown. Moreso than my hair.

Facial hair does seem to tend to go gray sooner (even though, when you think about it, facial hair is younger that the hair on top of your head, as you usually get it when you're teen). :P 

• Like 3

Facial hair and head hair have one thing in common. I have less of them than is typical :P

• Like 2
Divide By Zero
On 2/11/2018 at 4:45 PM, Verbosoul said:

I think beards are on the way out again.

I grew a beard more than a decade ago because I got tired of shaving every morning. I don't miss shaving so my beard is not going anywhere.  So I'm all ready for when beards come back in style again. :D

• Like 1

A beard means additional maintenance. No thanks.

• Like 1