What would your superpower be?

ballerina

Comics, anime, fantasy and science-fiction often feature characters with super-human powers, and they're either doing something good with them, or something really bad with them too. Here is a two part question:

If you could choose Superpowers what would they be ... AND ... would you use them for Good or Evil??

Ladies and gentleman, start your imaginations!

I would have:

Ability to be invisible at will

Flight

Teleportation

Time travel

Psychic abilities - including remote viewing

Super strength and agility

I'd be a Goodie; fighting the good fight!

And you??

Shape shifting, without a doubt.

Shape shifting. No good nor evil, but seriously, I could transform into any animal. How awesome would that be?

Breathing underwater. Hands down.

And of course I'd use it for good :D

I've always been intrigued by the idea of being able to alter my density at will, while maintaining my current form. My strength would have to increase with my density or I would just become a puddle at 100,000 lbs. At that density, bullets and maybe even small artillery shells wouldn't be able to do anything to me.

It's funny to think about escaping an enemy in a building by getting massive and crashing down through 15 floors. Or becoming lighter than helium and floating away, then regaining mass and becoming a human gravity weapon. Taking me prisoner on a ship or airplane would be bad news. I could have all sorts of fun with this.

Since I already possess the ability to Shape Shift, I'd like to be able to teleport, levitate, and possess Eagle Vision from the Assassin's Creed franchise.

I'd probably have something like PSI powers, sort of like the ones from the Mother trilogy. Either that or something like magic spells. I always see myself a spellcaster type. I probably wouldn't use them because I'd probably want to hide my powers from others. If I had to I'd use them for good because I don't like to hurt others.

I'd love to fly! For the most part I'd be in it for the views, but imagine how much money you'd save on gas or bus fares. And you could just skip traffic jams completely. I live in a rainy place though, so I'd have to invest in some waterproof clothes and goggles...

'The United States of Asexual New Zealand'

:ph34r:

Dodecahedron314

Something along the lines of either being a Spinster/Creweler like in Gennifer Albin's Crewel series, or the ability to hack into reality like in James Dashner's The Eye Of Minds, except in real life rather than just the VirtNet. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read that book NOW. It's awesome.) Basically, as long as you can manipulate the fabric of the universe, that's pretty much all the superpowers in one convenient loophole in the laws of physics. Who needs mystical superpowers when you have good old-fashioned SCIENCE?!

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral sounds about right. Isn't the whole "good" and "evil" dichotomy kind of subjective anyway? Or have I just been taking too many philosophy classes?

Ability to make people's internal monologue run to the tune of All About that Bass.

Don't you know I need some eggs, butter, milk (Semi-skimmed).

I'd like to see Lex Luthor try and take over the world when all his evil plans have to be formulated to Doo-Wop.

SorryNotSorry

That's a tough one... I already have a hell of an imagination and an uncommon ability to put 2+2 together in ways most people don't, so I can't really think of a superpower I'd want.

I guess the closest thing would be the ability to retain the lessons I learned in each life every time I died and was reincarnated.

I would be able to look at any hash and see the original string. In other words, I could hack into anything.

The Ace Otaku

for me its

psychokinesis- the manipulation of matter at the atomic scale

aquakinesis- the manipulation of water

chronokinesis-the manipulation of time (including stopping time, slowing time and speeding it up) so not just time travel

pyrokinesis- the manipulation of fire

but psychokinesis it the main one as I could turn the atoms around me into cake

I'd love to have telepathy and having people freak out when I start talking to them in their heads hahahaha

I would pick teleportation. I honestly probably would not use it for good or evil, just for my own personal benefit (e.g. visiting friends, cheap travel, etc.)

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn

Pretty much what would be expected coming from this:

2158844-ascendedsupersaiyangoku.png

Immortality- live forever (hopefully young)

Hyperthymesia- ability to remember everything

Personal, not really good or bad, more so that I could experience the world and relive it in times of boredom. I would also be an awesome history teacher in the future

Dodecahedron314

Immortality- live forever (hopefully young)

Hyperthymesia- ability to remember everything

Personal, not really good or bad, more so that I could experience the world and relive it in times of boredom. I would also be an awesome history teacher in the future

I'm pretty sure this is at least partly the reason my current history teacher is so awesome. My class has a collective headcanon that he's actually The Most Interesting Man In The World and/or John Oldman from The Man From Earth, because he's done and seen so much.

I wanna be able o do the things LUCY could do in that movie. Superpower: Knowledge/ Superior intellect

scarletlatitude

I think that I would really like to teleport. I want to visit so many places but I can't because airplanes are expensive and I am poor. If I could just boop myself there, well then that solves the problem.

Ace of Fishes

I would go with:

1) Knowledge assimilation - the ability to learn instantaneously all that another person knows.

2) Truly selective memory - the ability to decide what I do and don't remember. Probably a necessary complement to the first one, since what good are superpowers if you're insane?

3) Matter transmutation - instant body armor, essentially endless food supply, and I could turn my own excrement into gold (or cake...decisions decisions).

So you can have as many superpowers as you like? Well, for starters I would like to have the power of creation so that I could create a world that suits my tastes better. In there, I would like the superpower of transforming into whoever I feel like being at the moment, and obviously I could still freely tweak my creation, for example to create a past for the person I just decided to become. And well... I'd just have godlike powers overall, anything from ruling the weather to simple tricks like invisibility or flight. And obviously I would be invulnerable in my world.

Would it be for good or bad? I don't really know... the world wouldn't be perfectly heavenly (eww, that would get so boring) or even close, but it sure would be a nicer place than this world overall. So in a way it would be for good, but deep down I would just have my own selfish motivations.

I would definitely choose flight as my no.1 superpower, I've always dreamed of flying since I was little!

If I could pick a few more, I'd go for super speed and/or strength, pyromancy, and maybe telekenisis.

Also, the 'blink' power from Dishonored, purely because that would be awesome. If anyone knows what I'm talking about.

• 4 weeks later...
ozzythefabulous

The ability change probability so I could decide that the chances of me gaining other superpowers was 100% and then I'd get more superpowers or make sure I always won a fight etc.

Archived