[Negative publicity] AVEN on fark.com (and WFMY News 2)

Nand

let me just say that these people threaten the moral fiber of america and must be stopped.

Hahaha; "moral fiber of America." It's patriotic, all of a sudden?

:lol:

What an absolute gem of a quote.

*edit*

This is toooooooo funny:

Sex is an important part of marriage, therefore...

These people are eroding the very values of our society; in fact, they threaten the very fabric of marriage by not having ***graphic adjectives deleted*** sex (within wedlock, of course).

The last thing we need is a bunch of librull asexuals getting to our kids in school and filling them with the ideas that they shouldn't be having sex. Think of the children! Can you imagine how confused they'd be when they get the birds and the bees speech from parents who don't even do it? Little Tommy'd be left to find out on his own why he's not supposed to use his stinger like that there bee, and then the birds would... and...well, it'd be damn confusing.

Ahhhhahah the perfect white people for the new century, no sex - no kids. Our libby lefty global conspiracy should be so proud.
The thing I love the most is how many of them claim we are pushing our sexual opinions on them, yet that is exactly what they so badly wish they could do with their sexual opinions by their comments. Oh the hypocrisy!!

Those people remind me of homophobes who insist that gay people are shoving their sexuality down everyone's throats by doing such things as mentioning their partner in public or holding hands. One of my favorite comments was the one that said:

What really gets me about this thread are the people who are making comments like "Just as long as the people don't push it in my face, I'm fine." Please. There's one story on a website and it's being pushed on you? Who's more sexually screwed up, these people or those who flip out and get defensive when anything "not-them" is presented to them in any format whatsoever?

My response to "why do they/you have to flaunt it?" is "well you flaunt your sexuality" and when they say "no i dont" you just go "you mentioned your girlfriend yesterday. isnt that proclaiming your sexuality?"

we have to accept the fact that , we have these kind of people who will literately die if they dont have sex; and they think everyone else must be like themselves

they are just narrow-minded, same old same old

• 4 weeks later...

The comments to this article are some of the most mind-numbing things I have EVER heard! HAHAHA.. They make me laugh at how stupid they sound.

"You know what, fine if that's the way you want to live your life thats cool, but realize, it isn't normal."

I wonder who beat that into his head.

""They sell T-shirts touting their lifestyle and hand out pamphlets explaining that they're normal and perfectly happy with their lives."

Okay, I don't care what they do, but if they are really that happy about it, why do they need to convince everyone else? Just don't have sex. There's no reason to tell me about it."

I laugh everytime I read this one. What this guy has inspired me to think of are turning all sexual ads into asexual ads - Magazines, TV, internet, newspapers, etc. That would be so fun. (oh, that means I've never seen anything asexual anywhere, ever, at any time - except here)

"In my experience girls turn asexual after about the third date with me..."

Some of it's just funny

Okay, I don't care what they do, but if they are really that happy about it, why do they need to convince everyone else? Just don't have sex. There's no reason to tell me about it."

So what are we supposed to do when a boyfriend or girlfriend or spouse wonders why they aren't getting any from their partner, or when a sexual obviously wants to get with an asexual person and get it on? Or when friends and/or family question why we don't care to sleep with anyone? Are we just supposed to let them guess what the deal is? That's what's so flawed about the above comment. My guess is that these people would be even more pissed if asexuals didn't say anything ahead of time! :roll:

deladangerous

"i just cant comprehend this, and was i the only one who wanted to chop those stupid braids off of that woman?"

Digging on asexual people, now because of their hair. Oh, the relevance! It hurts!

I'm not that familiar with the politics of the deaf community, but I think that they'd disagree. Life is more difficult for deaf people because we live in a society built on the assumption that people can hear, not because they are at an innate disadvantage. Would a deaf person have a tougher time surviving on a desert island? There's really no way to say, it depends on how well they understand wilderness survival, how lucky they are, and a million other factors unrelated to whether or not they can hear. The same could be said for a community of deaf and a community of hearing people. While deafness certainly affects people's lives I would argue that it's not deterministic: HOW it affects someone's life is up in the air, and it could just as easily have a positive impact as a negative one.

Archived