Help with Self-Labeling

poochies

Hi you guys...

I need help trying to identify myself. I don't really have the terminology I need.

I've always considered myself straight. I really like boys. However, I also really like girls. However, I also don't really like the idea of sex. At all. Unless it's with someone that I'm emotionally attached to (and for anyone that follows Meyers Briggs and that sort of thing, I'm INFJ, so I get very attached very quickly). I don't really know how to lable myself, and i need labels in order to feel like I'm normal. Please help me. I'll answer any questions you need- I just need help piecing myself together.

Demi-sexual biromantic

I guess?

maybe you can look up panromantic as well :)

Remember that it's best to be yourself anyway, labels are not required to feel "normal" :)

Sage Raven Domino

^ I agree.

However, I also don't really like the idea of sex. At all. Unless it's with someone that I'm emotionally attached to

Judging by this bit, you do seem to fit the definition of a demisexual.

Can you get sexually attracted to a boy you're emotionally attached to? And to a girl under these circumstances? The thing is that you can be romantically attracted to all genders and/or genderless people (recall that there are agender people too; biromanticism means rom. attraction only to people with a 'traditional' gender, while panromanticism means rom. attr. to people regardless of gender or its absence) but experience sexual attraction to all, or some, or one of genders only.

However, I also don't really like the idea of sex. At all. Unless it's with someone that I'm emotionally attached to

Judging by this bit, you seem to fit the definition of a demisexual.

Can you get sexually attracted to a boy you're emotionally attached to? And to a girl under these circumstances?

Yes to both boys and girls.

Conscientious Ghost

Hello poochies! Welcome to AVEN. :cake:

Here's a list of terms and definitions if that would help your self-discovering journey:

From how you describe yourself, biromantic or panromantic demisexual sounds like a place to start.

Sage Raven Domino

Do you mean that you tend to be romantically attracted only to people who're within the gender binary, i.e. those who're male, female or somewhere in between?

Archived