Ok so im new to this..

Panduh Senpai

Panduh Senpai

Hai.. so for a awhile in my life i have been questioning my sexuality and more recently ive come upon the term demi-sexual..

ok first off i'm in a romantic relationship and i love her, and we both have had sexual desires. But with other people and just in general i don't feel sexually attracted to anyone else, i mean hell i wouldnt mind being in a sexual relationship with her its just in my past unless i have extreme romantic feelings for someone i don't find them sexually attractive. i dont know how to identify and im scared and confused.. sorry this is a weird post lol.. xD any advice or comments are appreciated

i enjoy the emotional and intimate part of the relationship, i just don't know how to go about life and stuff. this was very vague. sorry.

Thanks for reading!

...unless i have extreme romantic feelings for someone i don't find them sexually attractive

Bingo.

If you think the word fits, go for it. If it doesn't fit, you don't need to be scared and confused. You don't necessarily have to have a label. Whatever floats your boat...

I found the term demisexuality a few years ago and it suddenly dawned on me that this was the word I'd been looking for when trying to explain my sexuality to people.

I can also have the emotional attraction without it ever developing into sexual/physical. I do think that's something that other demisexuals experience.

Panduh Senpai

...unless i have extreme romantic feelings for someone i don't find them sexually attractive

Bingo.

If you think the word fits, go for it. If it doesn't fit, you don't need to be scared and confused. You don't necessarily have to have a label. Whatever floats your boat...

I found the term demisexuality a few years ago and it suddenly dawned on me that this was the word I'd been looking for when trying to explain my sexuality to people.

I can also have the emotional attraction without it ever developing into sexual/physical. I do think that's something that other demisexuals experience.

that was very helpful, like my whole sexuality just "dawned" on me like the word fits, unless i feel a strong connection i wont find someone sexually attractive, and thanks for the help :)

The way you feel are pretty exact to how I was feeling. It's the reason after 22.5 years of life I started questioning whether something was "wrong" with me, or perhaps I plain ol' wasn't as heterosexual as I thought. I could look at a woman and appreciate her beauty, but I never wanted to really do much with her at all. It's only the people with whom I've been able to establish strong emotional bonds with that I've even considered being sexual with. Even then, I don't always want them in 'that way.' This led me to searching up asexuality - which at the time was a term I thought I created to describe a friend back in high school. I then came across demisexuality while searching and it was like a whole new world of information and a sense of relief came over me. While this is still a very recent discovery for me, I'm glad I found it and joined AVEN.

Bingo.

that was very helpful, like my whole sexuality just "dawned" on me like the word fits, unless i feel a strong connection i wont find someone sexually attractive, and thanks for the help :)

Any time ^_^

Its up to you how you feel comfortable identifying, but it does sound like you are very close to the definition of demisexuality. It is not weird or unnatural to only be sexually attracted to people you have a strong romantic connection to; its just the way you are! :)

Archived