Do we need a disambiguos word to explain more than a squish but less than a crush?

Morgen/Tara

So what should we call a if anything "not quite a squish, not quute a crush"?  

1. 1. which word do you think is most suitable?

• Squash
    • semi-crush
    • Squeeze
    • it doesn't need a word
    • grey-crush
    • other- please leave suggestions bellow

This poll is closed to new votes

I wish I was (were?) as stern and doughty a person IRL as I am on AVEN. I have the strength of a muffin.

Well, more like a latke.

Well okay, offline too at times, depending on my mood...

I've had the experience of having spoken and noticing people around the table staring at me nervously. I was told by a friend that when I was sick with chemo I turned into a nice person. Well, enough of that shit! :lol:

Well okay, offline too at times, depending on my mood...

I've had the experience of having spoken and noticing people around the table staring at me nervously. I was told by a friend that when I was sick with chemo I turned into a nice person. Well, enough of that shit! :lol:

SORRY FOR BUTTING IN, BUT...

I used to have this pic of my brother and I framed (because we had so much fun!!), and a friend of mine looked at it and said "wow, your brother is really lucky he had cancer, that scar makes him look ripped". I almost ripped my friend's head off his body for that. People, amirite?

Also... I was reading this terrible article about how to love a girl who doesn't know how to be loved or some garbage like that (which really should have been titled How To Love A Feral Wolf-Woman, because all the advice was basically... don't talk to her or look at her or say anything to her or expect anything from her because she's new to everything and will freak out) and it said "Because she spends so much of her time alone and in her head, this girl might be under the impression that her thoughts and opinions are a bit too intense for others. She rarely shares the things on her mind, as she fears that whatevers in there is so deep and inquisitive that people will think its overdramatic, oddly philosophical or just plain weird."

Which, I thought was really odd, because the article made it sound like: but she's really just crazy and of course everyone loves to hear her rant... and I was thinking, um, I get kicked under the table all the time because of shit I say... I don't really think it's just in womens' imaginations that people prefer small talk to gettin' real.

Ha, I read exactly that article the other day and I remember that line.

Also wow, that's special about the comments people made regarding your brother. I like the word 'fucktards' for such individuals. Reminds me a little of when I've heard people say, "I wish I could just be a little anorexic!" Uh, fuck you. No you don't.

Lol it does not surprise me people say that.

Don't murder me but when I was in high school I tried to be anorexic. We watched that Tracy Gold made-for-tv special in class, and we had a girl come in and talk about her experiences and I was like "damn, those are some good diet tips!"

Anyway, as it turned out the experience was handy to teach me that mental illness- driven behaviors are exactly that... driven by the mental illness, not by the desire to engage in the behavior.

But yeah the thing with my broseph, i seriously lost my shit. I remember after he had that surgery, visiting him in the hospital. Since his entire abdomen had been stapled shut it really hurt to laugh and would make the poor guy cry, which was also hard on me because I can't just turn off this hilarity at will!

Getting back on topic, I don't think we need another crush squish word.

I always thought "kinda like" was the term which described the squishcrush....

"Do you like George?"

"Yes!"

"But like, do you like like him?"

"I dunno, I kinda like him."

Getting back on topic, I don't think we need another crush squish word.

I always thought "kinda like" was the term which described the squishcrush....

"Do you like George?"

"Yes!"

"But like, do you like like him?"

"I dunno, I kinda like him."

That sounds about right. It also occurred to me that us older people might just say we are "interested" in another person to imply something like that...or kinda interested.

Haha I always say "interested" because I'm too emotionally repressed to say anything that sounds more effusive than that.

I don't "like" people or have "crushes" on them... I'm "interested" in them, so that it sounds a little ambiguous... the way one might be "interested" in a new movie that's coming out. :P

Pretty sure that's called plausible deniability.

Which raises the question... what reply would one expect to get when one says "I've a squish on you!"?

My roommate and I have been using the term 'rainboots' lately. The explanation that my roommate came up with was as follows: "You know that moment when you get a bit of water inside one of your rainboots, and you have to keep walking anyway? The sounds your feet make when you walk that way are 'squish-crush, squish-crush, squish-crush." I think that explanation, and thus the term she so masterfully coined, is genius, and works perfectly for this type of scenario.

Which raises the question... what reply would one expect to get when one says "I've a squish on you!"?

"Please wipe it off."

question, this middle emotion, would you word it as romantic attraction without sensual attraction or a romantic drive; just the soft spot you feel with romantic attraction or a light version of that?

Squash sounds like a good idea. It seems to have both the sounds for 'squish' and 'crush' in it, indicating it's inbetween those two. I definitely think there should be a word for this, because I know I experience it. As quoted from another post of mine:

I sometimes feel intense an intense connection with some people, and really like them because of it, but it's not quite a squish/crush.

My roommate and I have been using the term 'rainboots' lately. The explanation that my roommate came up with was as follows: "You know that moment when you get a bit of water inside one of your rainboots, and you have to keep walking anyway? The sounds your feet make when you walk that way are 'squish-crush, squish-crush, squish-crush." I think that explanation, and thus the term she so masterfully coined, is genius, and works perfectly for this type of scenario.

rainboots should be the new zucchini

(i love it btw)

• 5 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Administrator

Archived