Pancakes, waffles, or french toast?

Waist of Thyme

Pancakes vs waffles vs french toast  

1. 1. Pancakes, waffles, or french toast?

• Pancakes
    • Waffles
    • French toast

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry to tell you, but you're most likely eating pancakes then and not crepes. Crepes are a lot thinner, prepared differently and have differnt ingredients. Those thick/american pancakes are basically pancakes with baking powder. Crepes are a different meal.

I'm saying that I like the thin crepe like things. Or at least that's the closest term I can think of for the thing I have in mind.

But I am honestly pretty confused about terms. The word pancake in German referrers to a whole bunch of different stuff, that don't necessarily correspond with the English meaning of pancake. I've been struggling with the word pancake for years.

WhenSummersGone

Waffles. I like pancakes second.

Belgian waffles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

French toast, the breakfast food of the gods. :D

Sometimes, when I am watching US t.v. and they are served pancakes, they look different to the pancake I would refer to as a pancake. My pancakes are more similar in look to a crepe. So I voted pancake. A traditional English style pancake too, the ones my mum serves up on Shrove Tuesday. Lots of sugar, lots of lemon juice and with the occasional compliments of chocolate sauce/rum and raisin ice cream/honey.

Delicious. Thank you OP. I am now craving pancakes ^_^

I like them all well enough but never eat them, it's not really common here. I think overall French toast would be my favourite though.

Batman's Ace

French toast. I love the variety of flavors.

Hazel lights

All of them. I love breakfast in general. Pancakes are my favorite to make though.

French toast is bread dipped in eggs and fried.

Ohh, so it's what we call Arme Ritter around here (it means "poor knights"). I liked that a lot as a kid, espesh with a bit of cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on top!

Waffles can be enjoyed savory or sweet, giving them the most versatility.

BkAvm-5CcAQvw62.jpg

That pic is hardly the thing to convince me waffles are better! I can't stand the stuff that's on those waffles. :P

My choice is French toast first (Starting with some really good bread. And it's not just dipped in eggs; the best kind also has some vanilla, too (and a little milk?) mixed in with the eggs) - sprinkled with cinnamon or powdered/confectioner's sugar and/or syrup. yum!

Second choice for me, good pancakes; the thick fluffy American kind (I didn't know there was a flatter kind in other places until this thread); plenty of butter so soft it melts, some good maple syrup, or possible some fruit and syrup.

Waffles last. Maybe I just haven't had really good waffles.

(actually, rather than waffles I'd prefer a good breakfast of fried eggs, toast with butter, jam, sausage and/or bacon, orange juice, maybe some tea or possibly milk, a few strawberries. This would actually be my first choice if I was going to be doing something strenuous for the rest of the morning, like riding a bicycle a long distance.)

PetitFourThoughts

Waffles! Crunchy delicious perfection, with specially designed pockets to hold the flavor. I could eat them for every meal and be completely happy with my life. They're, dare I say it, better than cake. *ducks* My favorite way to eat them is slathered in butter and then dusted with powdered sugar.

But I don't have the room for a waffle-iron so I have to stick to pancakes, alas. Most French toast is gross, I can stand about two bites before feeling sick xP.

German Oven Pancake is okay, tastes a bit like french toast to me, but the bacon on top makes it more tolerable.

Waist of Thyme

I never knew pancakes and crepes were different. I always thought crepe was just the French word for pancake :o

Oh, yes, very different. As different as tortillas and bread. :)

My flat mate bought a waffle iron and we use it every sunday.... gotta love me some waffles with strawberries bananas and peanut butter om nom nom nom

I voted for waffles but I never tried "american" pancakes, just crêpes...

• 5 months later...

Waffles, but savoury, especially as part of breakfast with runny eggs and tomatoes, bacon etc. :P. I have never had French toast, so cannot comment on that

Crêpes. Especially with maple syrup.

• 5 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived