Not quite a gender question, but...

mad_scientist

mad_scientist

I put this topic here because some of the transmen and pro-androgyny women here seem to know a lot about it.

The situation is this: my Writers' Club is having a dress-up party, the theme of which is "cliches and metaphors"... so people will be dressing like the Proverbial Ton of Bricks, Chekhov's Gun, etc. I want to dress as Writer's Block -- I intend to turn myself into a doll constructed of colourful building blocks with a writing theme (such as the letters W R I T E R written on cubic blocks, the cones coloured like pencil tips, etc.)

Problem: for the costume to work, I need to be relatively flat-chested. I have DD breasts. I can't afford to buy binders over the internet or anything.

Any advice? I tried the cutting up pantyhose trick but it hardly does anything; I just end up with a not-very-comfortable bra.

Sports bras can be useful, but I've not known anyone with breasts your size try it with a sports bra.

Not, not recommended! I'm in between a C and a D. I put on a sports bra and wrap myself in an Ace bandage, another sports bra, and an undershirt. It's very uncomfortable but I look relatively flat.

i guess you could try bandages, they're relatively cheap and you should be able to get them from the chemists. however i dunno about going to a party with binding if you've got large breast, i can imagine it would be very uncomfortable. can't you incorporate your breasts into the costume in some way?

(also if you pull this oof you should totes posts a pic)

mad_scientist
i guess you could try bandages, they're relatively cheap and you should be able to get them from the chemists. however i dunno about going to a party with binding if you've got large breast, i can imagine it would be very uncomfortable. can't you incorporate your breasts into the costume in some way?

(also if you pull this oof you should totes posts a pic)

That's starting to look like my only option. I can try, I suppose.

Thanks for your advice, guys.

Well, I own a binder which works wonders, but before that I used to use bandages - however, I'm only a B/C cup anyway and binding isn't that uncomfortable for me. For you it might be- and it'll probably get very very hot as well. S:

Asexual_Homoromantic

try underworks.com

thats were i got my binder

tri-top triple compression binder is the best

I'd like to state that when they say bandages they mean Ace bandages because normal bandages aren't very good. I always find they fall down (which is never pleasant). I think a popular sports bra for those with a larger cup size is called a Frog bra (why is beyond me) so you could try that.

Also I think roaming around the internet are some designs for home-made binders that in the long run aren't very good but might do well for one night.

P.S. That is a brilliant idea for a party, who ever came up with it. Have fun.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube video of a cheap way to bind, it works pretty well.

I think a popular sports bra for those with a larger cup size is called a Frog bra (why is beyond me) so you could try that.

It's so you can hop around like a frog without your breasts bouncing... :)

I would suggest AGAINST using bandages, because they're very dangerous. Even if you're just using them for a short time, be very careful.

Another one you can use is duct tape, but that is also kind of dangerous. Try wearing an undershirt beneath it so that it doesn't come into contact with your skin. I don't know how much tape it will take to bind DD breasts though, hehe.

If you're ok with sewing, you might be able to make an easy binder with a rectangle of non-stretchy fabric, cut to the right size to be able to bind you, and sew on the clasps they use on bras so you can fasten it. I've never tried it, but my friends say it is the most comfortable way to bind.

I think a popular sports bra for those with a larger cup size is called a Frog bra (why is beyond me) so you could try that.

o.O

Is that how you test bras these days?

o.O

I believe that's the way to do it.

Ribbit.

o.O

I believe that's the way to do it.

Ribbit.

I must have been sick the day they taught that at school

Archived