Possible Design for Shirts/Badges/Pins?

zoidberger

Colors for Logo  

1. 1. What combination do you like best?

• Black Outside with Light Purple Inside
    • Dark Purple Outside with Light Purple Inside
    • Black Outside with Yellow Inside
    • Dark Purple with Yellow Inside
    • Black or Purple with Inside being the same color as the shirt
    • Don't like the logo/idea
    • Other... Please explain/comment

Hi all!

In response to the T-shirt Thread , Disjointed had the idea of making a "Superman"-like logo/design with the upside-down triangle. Playing around with photoshop, I came up with two logos. We wanted to take a poll to see if people would be interested in the design and try to figure out a color scheme for it. The idea to stray away from the typical "superman colors" has to do with avoiding copyright issues. Here is what I came up with. If someone has a genius idea for a better color scheme please let me know (I know some people said they'd rather not have so much purple).

I will keep the poll open for a week or two or maybe more depending on how much action it receives.

Here are the logos:

Blackwithlightpurple-small.png

darkpurplewithlightpurple.png

blackwithyellow.png

Purplewithyellowmiddle-small.png

Purplewithinvisblemiddlecopy-small.png

KayleeSaeihr

:: suddenly has the superman theme playing in my head ::

Voted for the Purple stencil.

It'd make a great pin too!

It'd look good against whatever your fav coloured top was.

eddie7sf could wear it on a purple shirt

I voted for the black and yellow because I like the contrast of the two colors. Though the only one I wouldn't want to see on a shirt is the purple and yellow because those two colors are not friends.

i voted for the black with the purple insides, it's very striking!!! Awesome job Zoid :D

Oh yes... I forgot to add that second logo that's much more "superman shield-like"

superaven-small.png

But this poll is about color schemes anyways.

:)

Oh yes... I forgot to add that second logo that's much more "superman shield-like"

superaven-small.png

But this poll is about color schemes anyways.

:)

That'd be cool if it were black and purple, like the first design. Don't know, what do you think? :unsure:

That'd be cool if it were black and purple, like the first design. Don't know, what do you think? :unsure:

Yeah I like this one and the Triangle one in this color combination personally.

superavendesigntraditional-small.png

That is sweeet.

^_^ Yup, that's what I was talking about. Looks really cool!!!

Guest disjointed

Well done Zoid

I think the colour options you've shown are pretty much on the money

I agree also the second design and in black and purple is the best one so far

in those colours it's not so supermanesque

Although just the plain purple one would be able to be used on more colours of clothes

Blackwithlightpurple-small.png

Love this one, but I wear quite a lot of black & wonder if it would "Disappear" on a Black T?

darkpurplewithlightpurple.png

This one on a Black T ... awesome

Purplewithinvisblemiddlecopy-small.png

If AVEN is ever to have an identifying Pin that Members could wear, this would be brilliant.

(It would even look good on the lapel of a Business Suit).

Is AVEN into the idea of a Pin?

KayleeSaeihr

That'd be awesome. I'd wear that (a pin that is)

SpirallingSnowy

I said other.... because although i like most of the colour schemes there i was wondering what a reversal of the purple/black would look like???

They're all awesome, but I like the stencil style more.

I said other.... because although i like most of the colour schemes there i was wondering what a reversal of the purple/black would look like???

I thought about that and here's the first design in that color scheme... but I thought that the black just jumped out too much and was overwhelming... I could be wrong though, say if it were on a black background.

LightPurplewithblack-small.png

edit: it actually looks better on this background than it did on the white background it was uploaded from.

I said other - love the logo but want it in silver on whatever background the T was (sorry, I'm awkward!) If it were being made into a pin I would want it in silver so it could go with anything

For dark shirts I suggest using white with black or purple in the middle. The way cafepress is set up they use the same image for all of the dark colors (green, blue, burgundy and black) so the image needs to have a light, neutral color around the outside. The ink is on the surface of the material and the cloth color doesn't show through the image much so the inner color can be whatever.

They all look pretty cool.

For me it is difficult to make a decision because of not seeing what they would look like on different color backgrounds.

I thought about that and here's the first design in that color scheme... but I thought that the black just jumped out too much and was overwhelming... I could be wrong though, say if it were on a black background.

LightPurplewithblack-small.png

edit: it actually looks better on this background than it did on the white background it was uploaded from.

WHOOOOOOOOT !!!!

Even on a black background .......... ACE !!!!!

So far I like these combinations the best:

For Light Shirts:

WHITESHIRTS.jpg

For Dark Shirts:

BLACKSHIRTS.jpg

What do people think?

Also I like the idea of a pin/badge being the purple one with no center that Shaggy pointed out before.

Archived