Should pro'ly introduce meself...

Madame_Sosotris

Madame_Sosotris

Hello, y'all! I'm kinda realising that I should pro'ly introduce myself. I'm Emilene, a 19 year old female college student. I'm asexual/hetero side of biromantic (ooo! ooo! Can Emmy think of more arcane adjectives to describe herself? I'm, um, short, Jewish, perky, geeky, and now properly be-adjectived). I regularly trawl the web for sites on asexuality, since discovering the term about 4.5 years ago, and only managed to find the board now (weird...).

More about me...um, recently my biggest issue (apologies to those who've already seen me go on about it at great length) has been trying to determine a balance between my asexuality, but my romantic inclinations. Until college romance and sex were so entwined in this obnoxious, immature mess that I wanted nothing to do with either. Now I've been finding I want *one* and not the other, but that it's not easy to do that way. Or at least not with wanting love and not sex, vice versa seems pretty common among college students :-/ . I have a semi-serious sexual significant other, who's been so far willing to respect my wishes, but I think believes that asexuality's something I'll grow out of, although we're both religious Jews, and don't believe in premarital sex, so I s'pose I don't have to worry about it for awhile. But I can't help but become concerned that if I don't worry about it now, and it does become an issue, having dated for that long (at least 7 years before I would seriously conisder marriage) then bringing it up would cause major problems.

Recently, I've been having a lot of issues with my friends not understanding, and more importantly, not accepting -- wishing me to go "see someone" or laughing and telling me that "I'll find someone" and change my mind. So I came here also to help get ideas on what to tell them, and found as a benefit that I can tell them "if you want to know what I'm going through go to www.asexuality.org". I just had one friend visit and she came back a lot more willing to see me as a sexually, physically and psychologically healthy person. So thanks, y'all...and sorry for rambling, it's just so nice to have a place to say everything :^)

-Emmy

Hey, welcome and good to see your bio. The forum just went up this summer and didn't hit the search engines until a few weeks ago, which is why you didn't find it. If you don't mind me asking, what school do you go to? I'm just trying to get a sense of where asexual stuff is happening, and I'm big on campus organizing..

Madame_Sosotris

Thanks for the welcome. I am trying to maintain some sense of anonymity (Emilene isn't my real name, although it is one that I use often on the web), but I'll tell you that I go to school in Ohio, USA (Northeast Ohio)

-E

• 4 years later...

For all those who could not access Aven since Nov. 5. WE’RE BACK!!! Aven was TOSsed temporarily but the heroes here have resurrected the site!

In case you don’t already have this on your Favorites List add it now:

http://asexuality.org/discussion/index.php

This welcome post is from 2002!

Great to have you hear. I agree that it'll really be important to get your Significant other to accept your asexuality before things get too serious.

Anything you need, we're here to help. :) :cake:

This is an old thread from 2002. I'm locking it to avoid confusion.

Madame-Sosotris - if you're still around and you'd like me to unlock it then PM me.

anticulus - Welcome co-mod.

Archived