I don't want to be aromantic

Raccoonwolf

Raccoonwolf

I don't know if I'm romantic or aromantic. I think I might have a crush on someone, but it's just on a level where I can't tell, and I'm afraid I'm

a) just wanting to be in love with someone

b) desperately hoping for closeness

c) really aromantic, but unable to accept it.

I really like her, and want to spend time with her and sorta cuddle, but then, our interaction isn't smooth and sometimes it's just awkward and I don't feel anything special at those moments, I suppose, or I can't tell, because I'm so socially awkward and unable to come up with anything to say.

I had a brief experience, though you probably can't call it one (we were on holidays most of the time and didn't meet, and the most we did was hug), of dating 'round last Christmas, but it was between to gender- and sexuality-confused people, and my "ex" (who's now back to being a good friend) realized she's something like aromantic at the end of it. I was just utterly confused by the whole thing, and went back to the same sort of wondering as before.

And I don't know. I want to be in love with my "new crush", but I can't be certain of my feelings. If I got the chance, I would really, really like to date her, but I don't think one is coming. I'm too wary to ever confess my feelings, and it would be just unrealistic for her to like me back.

Sorry for the rant; I know there's probably nothing anyone can say to this, but I wanted to say it to someone.

I don't know if I'm romantic or aromantic. I think I might have a crush on someone, but it's just on a level where I can't tell, and I'm afraid I'm

a) just wanting to be in love with someone

b) desperately hoping for closeness

c) really aromantic, but unable to accept it.

I really like her, and want to spend time with her and sorta cuddle, but then, our interaction isn't smooth and sometimes it's just awkward and I don't feel anything special at those moments, I suppose, or I can't tell, because I'm so socially awkward and unable to come up with anything to say.

I had a brief experience, though you probably can't call it one (we were on holidays most of the time and didn't meet, and the most we did was hug), of dating 'round last Christmas, but it was between to gender- and sexuality-confused people, and my "ex" (who's now back to being a good friend) realized she's something like aromantic at the end of it. I was just utterly confused by the whole thing, and went back to the same sort of wondering as before.

And I don't know. I want to be in love with my "new crush", but I can't be certain of my feelings. If I got the chance, I would really, really like to date her, but I don't think one is coming. I'm too wary to ever confess my feelings, and it would be just unrealistic for her to like me back.

Sorry for the rant; I know there's probably nothing anyone can say to this, but I wanted to say it to someone.

Maybe you're one of those people who don't want their love to be reciprocated?

Hm. Could it be a squish? Maybe you desire a queerplatonic relationship? See, the aromantic thing and the whole having a partner thing aren't mutually exclusive at all. You may want to look into it a bit more. :)

Don't worry too much over whether you are romantic or aromantic or not. Just have fun with this person, and enjoy their company, the best way you know how.

Sorry if any of this is lame advice. I admit the last part may be difficult for anyone without slight lithromantic tendencies.

THIS = Lithromantic

Raccoonwolf

Hm. Could it be a squish? Maybe you desire a queerplatonic relationship? See, the aromantic thing and the whole having a partner thing aren't mutually exclusive at all. You may want to look into it a bit more. :)

Don't worry too much over whether you are romantic or aromantic or not. Just have fun with this person, and enjoy their company, the best way you know how.

Sorry if any of this is lame advice. I admit the last part may be difficult for anyone without slight lithromantic tendencies.

THIS = Lithromantic

Thank you =u= I don't think I'm lithromantic. That sounds like good advise. I just tend to end up worrying about things.

Im definitely going to second the "try not to worry about it and do whhat feels right" suggestion. See where it takes you and you might come back with a better understanding of yourself. If Im honest, I didn't identity by constantly questioning myself. I figured it out by screwing up and realising that hey, this feeling is not at all romantic.

I do not understand why you are convinced she would not "like you back". You could end up with a quite fine platonic friendship, that would benefit your lifestyle. :)

Archived