Do you FEEL people watching you?

Soloray

(Read THread Title)  

1. 1. Feel the touch of the gaze?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Synchrèse

I'm quite paranoid about the gaze, so sometimes I'm right - I can feel somebody's watching me and yes, he/she really is, but sometimes it's just a feeling...

• 1 month later...

I can usually feel when people are watching me but if I'm distracted it sometimes takes awhile.

SquirrelCat
Only when I'm talking do I feel like everyone around is glaring at me and are out to get me.

That's why I usually keep my mouth shut and mumble everything I want said (which is a lot) under my breath. That way I get the things I want said said and save myself the trouble of having to respond to anyone who happens to overhear. (That's my patented method of dealing with my Aspergers and ADHD without inconveniencing people and forcing them to listen to all the weird shit my brain conjures up.)

It probably gets me some odd looks from people but I don't notice.

binary suns

I don't feel them on my skin but rather as if they're touching me about a half meter behind me and to whichever side they're on

I don't know if I believe in this "feeling". I do notice when people are looking at me, because I look around a lot. I also notice people's body language with my peripheral vision and will check to see when someone seems to have directed their attention to me. I'm very spatially aware, so I think that boosts my ability to tell what people are doing significantly.

• 3 weeks later...

It's probably one of the worst feelings.. I always feel when someone is looking at me... even when someone comes closer to me, it feels like static or something, that's the same feeling I get when I know someone is looking at me..

• 2 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived