College Major?

CØSMØNAUT!

College Major/profession  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which College Major Are You Currently Pursuing/Have Pursued?

• Art
    • Music
    • Mathematics
    • Psychology
    • Medecine
    • Physics
    • Biology
    • Chemistry
    • Statistics
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Computer Science
    • English/Literature
    • Electical Engineering
    • Other; Engineering
    • Law
    • Language other than English
    • Culinary
    • Other; Science
    • Economics
    • Other; Any
  2. 2. Where?

• USA
    • Great Britain
    • Europe
    • Canada
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Australia
    • Antarctica lol
    • Other (?)

This poll is closed to new votes

Notte stellata

I used to study music then I changed my major to sociology (which is science, but not like chemistry is. There's this weird debate over whether or not to call it a science and I'm firmly in the don't care camp).

Oh yeah, the debate thing is exactly the same with psychology, and I'm also in the don't give a damn camp. One of my friends is so obsessed with "psychology is a science" that she almost seems offended when people say otherwise. But I'm always like "So what if it's not a science? Is this worth arguing over?" :huh:

CØSMØNAUT!

Thanks for the responses guys. Feel like we're getting some interesting, useful data here.

Grumpy Alien

I took college courses but never majored in anything. Wasn't really a student, was just trying my hand at classes.

Music, Japanese and Philosophy (Though I'll be moving Japanese to my own time next year)

Woo. So I am not the only physics/math perp.

But other subjects are so interesting.

A Taste of Harmony

Aaah.. good to a lot of scientists.. I love science.

Didn't want to mess up with the data so I didn't vote, but... I want to say,

PhD in being adorable :D

From other dimension.

Math and economics double major. Have done a lot of stats too but didn't check it off. Doing grad work in economics.

MonsterNessa

English with a writing emphasis. Next semester I apply to grad school for Library Science (with a focus on digital librarianship).

Double major in International Studies and Transnational Studies, with a minor in Asian Studies. Studying in the United States. :)

Psych major (BA) at the University of Melbourne :) But I seem to be enjoying my creative writing and criminology subjects more than my psychology subject this semester XD

Graduated with a BFA for Game Art & Design from the Art Institute of Portland.

I have a Surgical Technology Diploma and went to school for Medical Technology. I love both jobs, but my health made it so I can do neither. Now I work as a Disability Claims representative, which does incorporate my medical schooling and my Business Professionals training from high school, which is very nice. :)

Flowers and Ghosts

Lit major in the US for me!

I'm just about to finish my Bachelors in Communication from a uni in PA.

FelesClaudiae

Classical archaeology and creative writing in the US. So, English and language other than English? Classics is hard to pin down, especially since there's like none of us left

inqueertime

So this is a bit of a messy topic for me.

Currently I am pursuing a BS Psychology, but this may change to BA English. I'm too worried about graduating on time to double major... though it could happen anyway. If I choose only one major, I will minor in the other. I am also minoring in Women and Gender Studies with a focus in LGBTQ Studies.

In the United States, George Mason University!

Anhamirak

Bachelor's in Chinese with a German minor from an American university, looking to get a Master's in Linguistics from a British university (have to get accepted first!).

Glitter Spock

I have a bachelor's degree in philosophy with a minor in physics. My original concentration was physics, and I attempted to have a dual concentration. I actually completed more physics credits than philosophy credits during my time at college. I left the physics program because the anti-philosophy attitudes of some people in my physics department (along with their constantly making fun of me for studying philosophy) made me extremely uncomfortable.

I'm an Integrated Physical Science Education major (I'll teach high school science that isn't biology).

That_Girl_With_Red_Hair

I'm currently in my first year of study and I'm studying a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in writing) and a Bachelor of Business (majoring in marketing). I hope to go on and study master degrees in both as well as getting a Graduate Diploma of Education (so I can teach secondary school). I'm studying at a smaller Australian University that has become very good over the last few years, it wasn't my first choice of uni but its nice.

CØSMØNAUT!

That's a lot of math. And English I guess. Going to trawl for some stats on gen. pop. to compare as soon as finals are finished.

I have a bachelor's degree in philosophy with a minor in physics. My original concentration was physics, and I attempted to have a dual concentration. I actually completed more physics credits than philosophy credits during my time at college. I left the physics program because the anti-philosophy attitudes of some people in my physics department (along with their constantly making fun of me for studying philosophy) made me extremely uncomfortable.

That's really unfortunate yo. Sorry that had to happen to you.

BFA in Interdisciplinary Fine Arts with an emphasis in Painting! At the University of the Arts in Philadelphia.

Archived