Index of Asexual Student Groups - WIP

Sennkestra

Hello all! I'm looking to develop a list of universities (and high schools, if there are any) that have asexual student groups, so if anyone is a member of one, knows of one, or has any more information on those already listed please let me know!

EDIT: All info on known groups has been moved onto the wiki here: http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?title=Student_Groups

However, I have heard rumors of student groups at the following universities but I don't know enough, so if you have any info on any of the following please le me know!

University of Washington, Seattle (Seattle, WA, USA)

University of Chicago

Pittsbugh?

UT Austin?

Savannah College of Art & Design?

Kansas University or Kansas State?
Robotic Emu

I am trying to make something at the University of Washington Seattle! It is kind of in-progress and has basically been hanging out every week or two and playing Catan!

I am trying to make something at the University of Washington Seattle! It is kind of in-progress and has basically been hanging out every week or two and playing Catan!

That actually sounds really awesome. Mind if I add it to the list? And would you liek any particular title/description/contact info posted?

• 2 months later...

You can also add the University of York to your list - I'm the ace rep for YUSU's LGBTQ Welfare Committee. Once a term I hold an 'Ace Meet-and-Greet', and want to do some awareness-raising in October for AAW :)

Warwick University (I've heard they have a group but don't know any details - anyone know more?)

Hi, I'm the ace rep at Warwick. It's part of Warwick Pride which is the LGBTUA+ society at Warwick Uni and we've had an ace rep position since 2007 (I think). I run socials and look after the welfare needs of aces (questioning, etc.). We also explicitly include romantic orientation within the other rep groups.

We have a secret Facebook group (contact asexual@warwickpride.org)

I attended the LGBT Kingston group (SW outer London/Surrey), which is affiliated with Kingston University. I'm not a student there (anymore) but keen to represent asexuality. I'll hopefully be helping to raise awareness at freshers fair and giving a talk about it to the students later this year. So even though there isn't an asexual group, the university group is inclusive and friendly.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
peppermint-nightmare

A friend and I have started a group at the University of Colorado at Boulder. It's called A-hooray! Aromantic/Asexual Student Society. We're for anyone on the asexual spectrum and allies although we can have a few closed meetings if members feel like we need to. We meet Tuesdays at 8pm in the GLBTQ Resource Center in the Center for Community (C4C). Mostly it's just hanging out and taking a break from school so far but we want to start having discussions every once in awhile about things like coming out, consent, visibility, etc. Also, we're having a kick ass root beer float party on the 15th of October so, if you want free root beer floats, join us!

Arizona State University-Tempe

Aces of Arizona--ASU Chapter.

Anybody at Arizona State should really contact me for more information.

Hm, nothing at any of the colleges I'm applying to. Darn.

Aww. Well, you can start one. I just started my group this year. ^_^ There's more Aces at your university than you think.

• 1 month later...

There are asexual resources and representation in the LGBTQIA community at UC San Diego

There are asexual resources and representation in the LGBTQIA community at UC San Diego

Oh, awesome! Do you know if there is a facebook page, LGBT center page, email, or anything similar that I can list as a primary contact for people wanting to learn about asexual resources at UCSD?

Archived