Do asexuals get "horny"?

illuminates

I like the hungry analogy, because it works on so many levels: I get horny the same way I get hungry - I don't want to get horny (hungry), but the horniness (hunger) won't go away until I do something (eat/masturbate), so I do so it doesn't bother me anymore.

Most of the time I masturbate, though, is when I'm stressed out at night and can't get to sleep. It gets rid of the hot sensation in my feet.

I get horny, but as other have described I treat it like any other bodily function that I could do without on an emotional level. I agree with the hungry analogy quite a bit.

Asexuality is in terms of sexual orientation. You do not experience sexual attraction. Being "horny" is simply a feeling, not a direction. Being horny for an asexual person does not mean that it was caused by or focused on another person, male or female, or a thing.

For instance, I will admit that I do feel horny at certain times. It is always during my ovulation cycle. I just think my hormones hit a peak where my body feels hightened. But that doesn't mean that I am then oogling men and/or women on the street feeing attracted to them. It's sort of like a disembodied thing. For example, before my period, I think my testosterone must spike because I feel more aggressive and iritable. Though nothing has caused me to have a bad day, or had any negative experience, I am just, well...foul.

I get horny, but it doesn't mean I want to have sex with someone. I usually just go masturbate and it takes care of that feeling.

That's exactly how I feel. It's basically just like my bladder telling me it needs emptying. Same concept, different body part.

TheKindredSoul

I know I sure do not. I do not get sexually aroused. I know most people consider it natural and everyone feels it when stimulated (or not), but no, it is not.

Some people just do not get feelings of sexual arousal. I never even had, you know, the "mighty climax". Some people get it in their sleep, but if you do that in your sleep, you have a possible chance of waking up to it or feel the aftermath of it when you wake up. So, to the OP, do not worry about suddenly having an orgasm out of the blue. It is possible you did have one while asleep, but I think you would of felt something upon waking if it happened more than once especially. Also...sneezes are orgasms, but I do not think they are sexual.

I know a lot of asexuals masturbate like sexuals do, but this does not appeal to me. The very thought of touching my own anatomy there simply for entertainment makes me feel like "I have better things to do" and "Why on Earth would of want to do that?". Again, I am non-libidoist, so I am not trying to insult or offend people here who do masturbate. There really is nothing wrong with it, but I just consider it "If I do that, it will feel like I am having sex with my own self" and that feels strange to me. There is no point in it if I do not get aroused anyway.

Like many have already posted, I get the feeling of a 'release' from taking care of it myself, but the Doozer said, the idea of ever doing anything with anyone tends to be the end of it. Once said 'release' occurs my interest drops to nothing. I imagine then, my desire and drive to perform such action must be more biological in nature than result of any real desire to copulate. Personally, I could do without it, but as they say, it is what it is.

---

=]

scottimus prime

If "horny" means having sexual thoughts or desires, then no. I never have the urge to have sex with anyone. Ever. However, my physiology functions just as well as everyone else's. I like to analogy of comparing my body to an automotive factory. My body is producing sperm around the clock, all the time. So it needs to clear out the old models to make room for the new ones that are coming off the assembly line. So I think there are physiological, hormonal things in play. I need that physical release. For me, masturbation isn't about sex. It's not about being horny in the traditional sense. It's about taking care of this biological function that needs to be tended to. I take care of it as needed and then I move on with my day.