40's

PeterPanForever
On 7/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, OldNews said:

Definitely fun -- thanks for asking! I went to some shows and things on my own, then a bunch of us met up for dinner, more shows and fireworks.

So jealous! My plans went through the roof. It would have been an amazing experience to be there for sure!

• Like 2
21 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

Hello @2bContent and welcome to AVEN.  It's a great group of people.  Better late than never!  Have some cake.🍰

Yes, I would like some cake, please, thank you!

• Like 3
BobRossRules

Anyone have plans for the eclipse?  I've never experienced a solar eclipse before.  Fingers crossed for clear skies.8)

• Like 2
PeterPanForever
1 hour ago, faraday☘ said:

Anyone have plans for the eclipse?  I've never experienced a solar eclipse before.  Fingers crossed for clear skies.8)

I don't even know what plans for a solar eclipse would look like to be honest. My mind went straight to a drum circle, and I would be cool with that even though I would be for sure off beat and out of sync and ruin it for everyone else. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, faraday☘ said:

Going to Illinois to an area where I built trail last year.  They are dong a 4 day weekend with events such as wine tours, kayaking, rock climbing, etc.  Looking forward to seeing a few people I met during that trip.

• Like 3
BobRossRules

A drum circle could be fun as well as the outdoor weekend adventure!:D  I will be in my backyard downing a gallon of ice cream.  Extra chocolate.:o   

• Like 3

A drum circle of ice cream? I could handle that. :)

• Like 3
On 06/07/2017 at 8:23 PM, 2bContent said:

Hello All!  First time posting to one of the forums.

Like birdybudge, I was a teen in the 80s and remember only Morrissey ever mentioning asexuality. I'll be 47 this year, currently divorcing my male husband (heterosexual to a T) of 13 years, and only in the past year and a half, did I come across the AVEN site and realize... Oh... My... God... Why did no one tell me THIS was an option?  Now that I'm near the precipice of my newly divorced life, free to be my authentic self, I'm reaching out to the ace/queer community for understanding and acceptance and companionship.  

--Bi-romantic, Lesbian-leaning, grey Ace

--Mommy of a toddler (one and done)

Hello there. Love your "why did no one tell me THIS was an option" comment. I'm 45 (how did that happen?) and it is so nice to know like-minded people exist (albeit on an open forum which kind of scares the crap out of me hence my sometimes deleted or edited posts :ph34r:). I'm in the midst of divorcing female partner - well, she's divorcing me...

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Debris said:

Hello there. Love your "why did no one tell me THIS was an option" comment. I'm 45 (how did that happen?) and it is so nice to know like-minded people exist (albeit on an open forum which kind of scares the crap out of me hence my sometimes deleted or edited posts :ph34r:). I'm in the midst of divorcing female partner - well, she's divorcing me...

Hi Debris. I too am often concerned about privacy and open forums, maybe it's our generation, but I take comfort in knowing that anything I post is positive and honest. I'm happy to give you my personal email address, if you do worry about confidentiality yet still want to chat about these matters, but I'm not sure if AVEN allows that... or how I can share my email address with you without the entire AVEN community having it!    Anyway, glad to hear from you here. I have dated women as well as men, but even in lesbian relationships, although the bond seemed stronger immediately than with men, I seemed to only resort to sex because it was expected... or as an obligation to getting someone to know that I was genuinely interested in them.  Like a "pledge" of interest... or a litmus test for proving I was serious.  But far too often, sex with my loved one became "problematic."   And sexual people typically aren't keen to be in a relationship without regular ongoing sex.  And to me? ...that ongoing sex seems to muck up the relationship; it almost cheapens the bond or pulls away from other more meaningful types of intimacy and happiness and comfort and being at ease.  I love romance and "the thrill of the chase" in meeting someone, but once clothes start coming off (especially with a man), I think... "oh damn... eh...  (sigh)... and things were going so well..."

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 2bContent said:

I'm happy to give you my personal email address, if you do worry about confidentiality yet still want to chat about these matters, but I'm not sure if AVEN allows that... or how I can share my email address with you without the entire AVEN community having it!

You can contact members by PM (private message) if you want. And I believe it's your choice if you want to give your email address to someone. I have done it myself with a few AVENites.

• Like 2
PeterPanForever

I feel like I should now do something for the eclipse. I was thinking about maybe journaling what I want the rest of my life to look like...and then when I'm done, eating a tub of ice cream. 

• Like 3
On 7/5/2017 at 8:37 PM, faraday☘ said:

That is very strange?

BobRossRules

Hooray for ice cream!  We all scream for ice cream!  

5ad51d_3e0c4bcd6b744fc5b0100eeb3ed33d5d.jpg

I want to try the Ben & Jerry's pint slices.  I've seen commercials and it looks so good!!

pint%20slices%20main.jpg

• Like 3
PeterPanForever

I haven't seen the commercials but a pint doesn't sound like very much ice cream, but on the other hand, if we all bought them in bulk and in different flavors, we could all mix and match and have a little bit of everything. 

• Like 1
PeterPanForever

Speaking of which, I need to run to the store for some ice cream, and cherries are on sale for $1.89 per pound. I'm not sure, but that kind of sounds like a good deal. 

• Like 1
BobRossRules
26 minutes ago, Peterson515 said:

I haven't seen the commercials but a pint doesn't sound like very much ice cream, but on the other hand, if we all bought them in bulk and in different flavors, we could all mix and match and have a little bit of everything. 

No it doesn't.  I'd have to eat more than one, maybe the whole box.  I like the Idea of getting them all and having one of each.  

@2bContent At least in the virtual world, it's diabetes-friendly.  

• Like 2

I've never been that big on puds and can take or leave ice cream, I'm afraid. Maybe it goes back to a childhood aversion to knickerbocker glories. Do they still exist? Anyone in the UK remember Berni Inns?! :mellow:

Am more of a starters/savoury fan.

So, you eat ice cream. I'll bring nachos...with muchos jalapenos...

(Thanks, 2bContent (and daveb for the pm tip))

• Like 2
PeterPanForever

I like nachos. I like nachos and ice cream. 

3 minutes ago, Peterson515 said:

I like nachos. I like nachos and ice cream. 

Nachos and a margarita!

• Like 1
PeterPanForever
31 minutes ago, 2bContent said:

Nachos and a margarita!

If you can get me to drink alcohol I promise to entertain you for the rest of the evening, but can't promise that it will be in a good way, and you will probably never be able to see me in a respectable light ever again. Some people just can't handle their liquor, and I'm one of them   :D  

6 minutes ago, Peterson515 said:

Some people just can't handle their liquor, and I'm one of them   :D  

Those are the best people to drink with!

• Like 1
PeterPanForever
1 minute ago, 2bContent said:

Those are the best people to drink with!

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa, you say that now, but you've been warned, lol.   :D   

• Like 1

Lol

Only leaving a message so I can start getting notifications from this thread.

It's so much fun!

• Like 1
BobRossRules

I love nachos and lots of savory stuff too!!   We need to have a dinner party.  Too bad we're so far way.  I broke down today and had some ice cream.  It was chocolate coconut milk.  It was pretty yummy! 

• Like 5
PeterPanForever

The chocolate coconut milk ice cream sounds amazing! I think that a dinner party would be super awesome as well, but have such terrible luck with special events. I didn't make it to my senior prom even though I had a girlfriend who was also a senior, and I didn't make it to the 10 year reunion, or the 20 year reunion. I'm just not good with things, but I still think that a dinner party with AVENites would be beyond amazing, and I always get super jealous towards the other AVENites who are able to pull these things off. 

• Like 4
BobRossRules

I never went to any of my high school reunions either.  I attended one prom and I didn't enjoy it.  I would have preferred to just watch movies.  I live in such a small area that there isn't any opportunities for AVEN-related meetups.  I'm envious of the meetups that take place in the UK.  I was lucky enough to attend one while aboard and I met some awesome folks.  I decided to look up some groups on meetup.com near me.  The only groups around me surround church groups.  A very large population is morman, so religion is often the center of stuff.  Everyone has a ton of kids, so there were a few family and kid-related groups too.  Not my cup of tea.  I'm thinking about joining a local astronomy club.  I've been wanting to do that for a while now, but keep I chickening out.     

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, faraday☘ said:

...We need to have a dinner party...

Yesssss!!!!!!   One day... I'm hopeful.   

• Like 4
PeterPanForever
10 minutes ago, faraday☘ said:

I never went to any of my high school reunions either.  I attended one prom and I didn't enjoy it.  I would have preferred to just watch movies.  I live in such a small area that there isn't any opportunities for AVEN-related meetups.  I'm envious of the meetups that take place in the UK.  I was lucky enough to attend one while aboard and I met some awesome folks.  I decided to look up some groups on meetup.com near me.  The only groups around me surround church groups.  A very large population is morman, so religion is often the center of stuff.  Everyone has a ton of kids, so there were a few family and kid-related groups too.  Not my cup of tea.  I'm thinking about joining a local astronomy group.  I've been wanting to do that for a while now, but keep I chickening out.     

Everything here is Mormon related as well, and although I considered joining the faith for social reasons, I just couldn't do it. There is a Buddhist group that meets here, and I thought about that as well, but couldn't get myself to do it. An Aven meetup would be where it's at, but then everyone will have to part ways after having a really good time, and that just sucks too. Win-wins are hard to come by. 

• Like 2