Oswald

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 389 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aro-Ace

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

I was also a bit disappointed.

Spoiler

THAT would have actually been interesting! This wasn't the first episode where it was exclusively written without Lauren Faust, was it?
Posted Image

#182 LiteralNovice

LiteralNovice

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 509 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Homoromantic gray-ace

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Here's what I think of the episode itself.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#183 WoodwindWoman

WoodwindWoman

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 352 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Overall, though, I'm going with Big Mac. I think I've got a brush on him. I've always had a thing for draft horses.

Brush? What is this new terminology? :-D I have a pretty good idea of what a squish, a squash, and a zucchini are, but "brush"? Enlighten me!

And yes, draft horses are awesome.

Heh. I thought it would be an appropriately pony term. I just want to curry him. All day long. And feed him carrots and sugar and stroke his nose and comb his mane and brush him 'til his coat shines and just enjoy spending loads of time with him.

Awwww, I see. :) That would be so much fun. And I love the term coinage! XDD

Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life. Funny thing is, once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking, the harder it becomes to know what to say, or how to ask for what we really need. -Meredith Grey

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

"My country is the world, my ethnicity is the human race, and my religion is to do good."

#184 Guest_member25959_*

Guest_member25959_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

They must have the world's largest MLP:FIM thread over at FAF, and now there's a not-as-large-but-still-pretty-large-thread on AVEN too?? @_@

Anyways, I think I watched like, one episode before I couldn't bare OD'ing on cute anymore.

#185 Senwyn1

Senwyn1

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 505 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

They must have the world's largest MLP:FIM thread over at FAF, and now there's a not-as-large-but-still-pretty-large-thread on AVEN too?? @_@

Anyways, I think I watched like, one episode before I couldn't bare OD'ing on cute anymore.

We're planning to take over the world, one forum at a time. I'm assuming FAF is a furry based forum? It makes sense it'd be popular there.

Personally, I'd suggest season 2 episode 1 and 2 as good starting points, seeing as the first few episodes of season 1 are pilots and don't quite capture (at least for me) what makes it enjoyable.

#186 Wendell Testaburger

Wendell Testaburger

Walrein of Terror

• Administrators
  • 12,471 posts
  • A/Sexuality:not important. Sex-positive though

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

We're planning to take over the world, one forum at a time. I'm assuming FAF is a furry based forum? It makes sense it'd be popular there.

Personally, I'd suggest season 2 episode 1 and 2 as good starting points, seeing as the first few episodes of season 1 are pilots and don't quite capture (at least for me) what makes it enjoyable.

Ooooh yes...those are excellent ^_^
Spoiler

Here's the Terms of Service, and the Chatroom Terms of Service
I'm also a wikimaster on the AVENwiki.  Feel free to help us make it awesome
Do you want a cool picture in your signature?  PM me or another administrator with the picture and it will magically appear.
The month or more goal thread, Please join me in this thread by dedicating yourself to a random hobby each month.

#187 Batman's Ace

Batman's Ace

AVENator

• AVEN Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Andro-sapiocentered semiromantic asexual

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

I, too, thought the latest episode wasn't exactly top stuff.
Spoiler

Is it me, or is Twilight perpetually on the brink of a mental breakdown?
Don't you wish you could escape a gas-filled death trap by cutting through the door with a welding torch you happen to have tucked in your belt, while breathing through a candy thermometer?

#188 M.A.O.

M.A.O.

• AVEN Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Oops, I didn't notice this topic until now.

I watched the first season eventually after some friends recommended it, but as I don't even have basic cable at home and have been really busy of late. I haven't seen anymore.

It's a pretty nice show.

#189 Wendell Testaburger

Wendell Testaburger

Walrein of Terror

• Administrators
  • 12,471 posts
  • A/Sexuality:not important. Sex-positive though

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

I, too, thought the latest episode wasn't exactly top stuff.

Spoiler

Is it me, or is Twilight perpetually on the brink of a mental breakdown?

Basically everything in the spoiler is what I feel about that episode

And of course she's not on the brink of mental breakdown, she's just addicted to coffee
Spoiler

Here's the Terms of Service, and the Chatroom Terms of Service
I'm also a wikimaster on the AVENwiki.  Feel free to help us make it awesome
Do you want a cool picture in your signature?  PM me or another administrator with the picture and it will magically appear.
The month or more goal thread, Please join me in this thread by dedicating yourself to a random hobby each month.

#190 Oswald

Oswald

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 389 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aro-Ace

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

Oops, I didn't notice this topic until now.

I watched the first season eventually after some friends recommended it, but as I don't even have basic cable at home and have been really busy of late. I haven't seen anymore.

It's a pretty nice show.

If you want to watch the rest, every episode is on Youtube somewhere. Hasbro puts more into their toy line than their TV shows. They don't seem to care as much as most companies when people post the episodes--if anything, it's given them an insanely large peripheral demographic.
Posted Image

#191 Wheelz

Wheelz

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ok let me first say I'm probably addicted to everything MLP/Brony related. I've proudly shook hands with Ashliegh Ball, Andrea Libman AND Nichole Oliver. So psyched I found this thread on this forum. I've been on other brony forums, but every now and there some R34-ers ruin the fun and I just abandon the thread. (For example, Spitfire use to be my favorite BG pony, but then there was a need to sexualize her as some sort of Wonderbolt Pinup girl in fanart. Killed it for me. I wanted badass Spitfire back) The reason why I love MLPFIM is the very fact that its innocent, and I'll love pretty much any fanon so long as they continue that asexual innocence. Someone else mentioned here how they enjoy shipping so long as its pretty low key, nothing too....in detail. I agree, while I will usually avoid shipping tags most often to play it safe :P

So let me just join this fun:
Favorite: Rainbow Dash
Best: Rarity
Favorite background: LYRA!!!!
Favorite secondary/one shot role: Trixie :3

Fun Facts: Biggest unrelated MLP thread I've ever seen --> There's one that's about to break 2000 pages over on Battlefield 3's Battlelog
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day

#192 LiteralNovice

LiteralNovice

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#193 Oasis

Oasis

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 848 posts
  • A/Sexuality:north

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

I had to share this after spotting it on Deviantart. It belongs to tigressmin.Posted Image

#194 ithaca

ithaca

A Purple Posting Poet

• Administrators
  • 17,783 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Homoromantic Asexual

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

was this shared already in here? I honestly didn't check the whole thread XD

If it was, i beg your pardon and ask to erase it ;)

huXlEwE.jpg ZOXb725.jpg thumb_icon_btvs_buffy15.jpg OjfK8G3.jpg

Check my youtube asexual channel here!

#195 LiteralNovice

LiteralNovice

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

I had to share this after spotting it on Deviantart. It belongs to tigressmin.Posted Image

I like this picture despite the fact that it sort of insinuates that Rainbow Dash's streaks were indicative of her being a lesbian. It's still pretty cool.
Posted Image

#196 Oasis

Oasis

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

was this shared already in here? I honestly didn't check the whole thread XD

If it was, i beg your pardon and ask to erase it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVfidujxRg

It amuses me to no end that he's trying to find scientific inaccuracies in a show about magical talking horses!

#197 Prince Shadari

Prince Shadari

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aseuxal, Heteromantic

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

PONIES! Ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies... ok I'll stop.

First, start off with introduction things.

Favourite Pony: Octavia over all, Scootaloo for characters with Personality, Rarity for Mane 6.
Favourite Episode: May the Best Pet Win
Best Pony: Twilight Sparkle (Only because my friend has a character in TOR called Twilight Sparkle with the Best Pony Legacy. Otherwise I'd have to argue Rarity.)
Ship Pair: All of them (SHIP ALL THE PONIES!)
Strange Head-canon: Twilight is an unrealized Ace
Role in Pony Community: Occasional Fan-fiction author, artist, aspiring musician.
Name in Pony Community: H.P. Lovecolt

Yay ponies~ I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Side note: I don't remember where I found the picture in my avatar, Probably Ponibooru, and I don't know if the image was posted in here before. Still, I just about choked myself to death laughing when I found it on my computer.
If the Cake is a lie... and Sex is cake... does that mean sex is a lie?

#198 ithaca

ithaca

A Purple Posting Poet

• Administrators
  • 17,783 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Homoromantic Asexual

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Posted Image

huXlEwE.jpg ZOXb725.jpg thumb_icon_btvs_buffy15.jpg OjfK8G3.jpg

Check my youtube asexual channel here!

#199 Batman's Ace

Batman's Ace

AVENator

• AVEN Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

It's amazing how much crossover stuff there is...

Posted Image
Don't you wish you could escape a gas-filled death trap by cutting through the door with a welding torch you happen to have tucked in your belt, while breathing through a candy thermometer?

#200 poppyseed

poppyseed

• AVEN Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

My favorite pony is... Big Macintosh. Of the main cast though I really like Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

... I hate Pinky Pie >> You guys are allowed to resent me for it, but I can't stand her!

#201 LiteralNovice

LiteralNovice

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

My favorite pony is... Big Macintosh. Of the main cast though I really like Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

... I hate Pinky Pie >> You guys are allowed to resent me for it, but I can't stand her!

That's cool. Though the one that people will resent you for hating is Fluttershy. Me, I think she's honestly overrated and at a lot of points kind of rude, but saying this in public would earn me a flogging. jk
Posted Image

#202 Data

Data

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

#203 Prince Shadari

Prince Shadari

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aseuxal, Heteromantic

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

That's cool. Though the one that people will resent you for hating is Fluttershy. Me, I think she's honestly overrated and at a lot of points kind of rude, but saying this in public would earn me a flogging. jk

Don't worry, I don't like Rainbow Dash all that much. Somewhat ironic as I like Scootaloo, but there's something about RD that I don't like. Then there's the fans of RD who also ship her with everything. That story in this thread earlier? The one with Fluttershy? I'd much more be interested in a story with an Asexual Rainbow Dash. Hell, Aromantic even. That'd be fascinating to see someone with her personality come to terms with it as opposed to having the Ace necessarily be some shy recluse who either never really thought about it before, or is never the less comfortable about it.
If the Cake is a lie... and Sex is cake... does that mean sex is a lie?

#204 LiteralNovice

LiteralNovice

Asexy A-postle

• AVEN Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#205 WoodwindWoman

WoodwindWoman

Mitosis to the Max

• AVEN Members
  • 352 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

I won't hate you, but just to facilitate some understanding, here's what primarily rescued Pinkie Pie for me:

http://browse.devian...ie pie#/d4d14vr

(That, and I at first suspected her of wanting to get revenge on Gilda, only to find out she's such a good-natured soul she proved me very wrong. >.<)

I definitely didn't like her at first, though. D-:

Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life. Funny thing is, once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking, the harder it becomes to know what to say, or how to ask for what we really need. -Meredith Grey

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

"My country is the world, my ethnicity is the human race, and my religion is to do good."

#206 Belenus

Belenus

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

So I just watched the last 2 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I watched the first 5 a couple of years ago and never got around to finishing the series), and as great a show as it is (except for that last season...yeesh), it made me realize why I like MLP so much; You just don't have to deal with shit like death, characters leaving and...just bad things happening in general like you do in pretty much any "adult" show. Yay!

Wow...I didn't mean for that to be all one sentence XD

I know someone who hates her too...I don't understand how that's possible though(Although to be fair, I dislike when she shows that she is able to act like a relatively normal pony (à la 'Baby Cakes'). Her regular personality is just so ridiculous I find her 'normal' personality a bit uncomfortable. If that makes sense.)

#207 Batman's Ace

Batman's Ace

AVENator

• AVEN Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

I'm scared of Pinkie Pie. And I dislike Rarity and Rainbow Dash. The latest episode is the first I've seen where Rainbow Dash wasn't grating on me every time she opened her mouth.

I like Big Mac, too!

#208 Oasis

Oasis

Asexy Samurai

• AVEN Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Spoiler

What they did there, I see it.

#209 Djeinus

Djeinus

Asexy A-postle