I've found the best "asexuality ring" ever!

BabySquare

Whilst browsing through the Argos catalogue the other day, and whilst also remembering the topics here on aven about rings that represent asexuality, ie, the black ring thing, I started looking through the rings in the catalogue and found the best ring to represent asexuality ever!

it's actually two different rings, and I plan to buy 1 of the 1st design, and 2 of the 2nd, and wear then all on the same finger, (they're thin so it's ok) with the 1st one in the middle, sandwiched between the other 2.

the 1st ring is this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2326627/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery%2Band%2Bwatches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701260%7CRings%7C14416988.htm

and remembering that we seem to have a tradition here of wearing black rings, I thought I'd sandwich the right above between 2 of these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2326665/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery%2Band%2Bwatches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701260%7CRings%7C14416988.htm

what do you think?

Wow! they are Awesome!! So beautiful! I like both designs. The 2nd one with the triangular-purple pendant represents AVEN really well. (:

And yes, wear them the any way you want. They'll look good. (:

Maverick Askew

They look like they'll work really well together.

Great find! :)

The 2nd one with the triangular-purple pendant represents AVEN really well. (:

yeah I know! that's exactly what I thought when I saw it and I thought it was another really cool way of using the ring to itentify as asexual to any other asexuals. Ok, most of us know that we're using black rings to respesent asexuality, and while going along with that to make me indentifyable to other avenites, I don't get why the ring's black,

plus, we all know the aven message board symbol is an unside down purple triangle. The only other possible design to make us visible would be a ring with a slice of cake on the front! :lol:

Typical Power

There was a Black band with a white ace of hearts on 4 sides. I don't know where it was, but it was pretty popular on the last thread like this.

I like both a lot too. I love rings to begin with but the 2 would work very well stacked together.

My hematite ring just broke & I just ordered 2 black rings. Almost wish I saw this thread before doing that.

I saw the stacked rings in the catalogue (while looking for black rings lol) and I totally missed this, very good! lol

EarthWarrior

Oh wow I love those!!

I'd go to Argos today and get them but it says they're not available to reserve online or available for home delivery?? :unsure:

Maybe you can only order them in store and not online?

Before the recession the jewelers had this realization that not every girl out there would find her Prince Charming and that many of us will work for a living... (like, they only recently figured that out) and they started marketing "right hand diamond rings." The ad said, "Independent Women of the World, Raise Your Right Hands," and shows the ring. These right hand diamonds came in various styles... had to have one! Found one on sale, love it. The stones are microscopic, but you don't need a man to have a diamond ring.

There was a Black band with a white ace of hearts on 4 sides. I don't know where it was, but it was pretty popular on the last thread like this.

This one?

LittleMermaid

I love both of those rings! I think I'll have to make a trip to Argos soon! :D

Oh that's such a cute take on the ace-ring! I just got a hematite one because they're crazy-cheap. But yours is unique and sparkly, which is awesome.

And with a little bit of magic...

acerings.jpg

(btw how can you tell what size ring you are?)

That looks neat. Just remember that if the pendant on the middle ring is supposed to be sitting on top of the black bands, that ring may need to be half a size larger so it doesn't pull on your finger or force the other bands to only hit the tips of the triangle (if that makes any sense). I wasn't sure if you were going to try to do it so that all three bands would be touching.

acerings.jpg

WOW! that's anwsome, thanks!

jewellery stores (and the Argos jewellery counter) have a kind of key ring thing with lots of ring-shaped pieces of metal of varying measurements - they'll try different ones on the finger you're planning on wearing the jewellery on to find out which fits best.

That looks neat. Just remember that if the pendant on the middle ring is supposed to be sitting on top of the black bands, that ring may need to be half a size larger so it doesn't pull on your finger or force the other bands to only hit the tips of the triangle (if that makes any sense). I wasn't sure if you were going to try to do it so that all three bands would be touching.

yeah I had thought aout that. Basically they're selling aselection of these types of rings that come in two main styles -

bands with large gems, like the triangle, and either plain bands/bands with mini gems, such as the black ones. The idea is that you can mix and match any you want so hopefully the bands with the mini gems will either be a little thinner, or have the gems set in the band rather than on it so it won't press on the triangle, but if not I'll do as you've suggested and buy the triangle ring a little it bigger.

Since they are sold as a set of three, I would guess that the jewel would be set a little outwards from the ring in order to allow room for the other two rings underneath it. Argos catalogue says you can see before you buy so you could always buy the three and find out if they fit properly.

Since they are sold as a set of three, I would guess that the jewel would be set a little outwards from the ring in order to allow room for the other two rings underneath it. Argos catalogue says you can see before you buy so you could always buy the three and find out if they fit properly.

indeed. Have you been looking it up subsequently to finding this thread? *is lightly amused, whilst still appreciating your act of research if you have*

I found the rings in the Argos catalogue prior to your posting on here but didn't connect them like you have. After you posted this, I went to look them up again. The black one isn't in the catalogue I notice.

I found the rings in the Argos catalogue prior to your posting on here but didn't connect them like you have. After you posted this, I went to look them up again. The black one isn't in the catalogue I notice.

I know, but it's on the website so it's possible to obtain the catalogue number there :)

JJButterworth

acerings.jpg

I would buy that but until then I will stick with this: 001qu.jpg

As for finding out your ring size, well that why I do not by things that need a sizeing online.

That's cool. I think i had a ring like that once o__o i wonder if it's still around.

Samarachelle

Omg, I want the purple one. Definitely very pretty.

I saw this last week and I was like oh thats awesome...but it was £7.99 more than I own so...christmas maybe :)

Went to Argos yesterday, they didn't have one of the rings so couldn't buy them as a three... have ordered them though. Thing is, they look better in the pictures than irl lol

Amputation Defenestration

Hahahha damn not living in the UK. I don't even know what Argos IS. I would pay one of you to get these for me and mail them to the States, ha.

That looks so pretty! And it's a really good idea combining the Aven symbol with the black rings. Unfortunately I've never heard of Argos since I live in the USA, but it looks like a good jewelry site. I hope everything works out with the sizes and everything.

Archived