another way I'm questioning myself (help?)

CraftyCritter

CraftyCritter

I've recently been Identifying as genderqueer because I randomly get dysphoria but mostly I get gender euphorium from presenting as androgynous or not event thinking of either for periods at a time. I know this can overlap with genderfluid since it changes but I feel more comfortable with genderqueer. I'm also dfab and rather small.

My questioning thingy tho

that like cuz I grew up a little on the poor side and mostly had ill-fitting hand-me-downs am I really uncomfortable with my body (like in fitted tees) because I am nonbinary or is it because I'm just not used to seeing myself cuz of being in oversized hiding clothes? I know this is more about self-reflection than actually asking for help. I was wondering if someone else went through similar things and if any of yas had any advice? 

Even if you don't at least know you know there is another person thinking this.

Why would being uncomfortable in fitted tees have anything to do with gender?

They are uncomfortable. But even if they weren't, I don't see it. Everybody no matter which gender or whatever, can wear fitted or over-sized clothing, like wearing it or hate wearing it, that's just that.

CraftyCritter

The fitted tees bother me because I can see my chest rather than just being hidden in baggy clothes, but yeah that was the second part how I was like is it really dislike seeing my body or just not like wearing a certain type of clothing. 

I can’t necessarily relate to growing up poor, but I can relate to feeling uncomfortable in fitted tops. Ever since I started to grow a chest (im AFAB) I felt uncontrollable and hated it. Fitted tops would only make that dysphoria worse. Instead I always wore loose t-shirts and jackets. I had top surgery when I was 19 and now that feeling is gone. I can wear shirts that actually fit me now and I like them because my chest is flat.

I think it comes down to why you’re uncomfortable in fitted shirts. Is it that your not used to wearing them? Is it that “showing off” that area makes you uncomfortable, like a modesty thing? Is it body dysphoria? These are self-reflection questions you’ll have to answer yourself, it may take some time for you to delve into the deeper meaning. 

Archived