Might be asexual but I'm still confused?

Reameb180

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums, hope you're having a nice day.

So, I have been reading a lot of topics about sexuality and stuff, and after some time, looks like asexual is "what I am" but, I'm still confused, usually, I define myself as "straight" even though from some years ago I have been not so sure about this, because I started to find some guys cute, i liked their personality, and kinda wanted to be close to them, and even had desire to have some physical interaction, but definitely not sexual attraction or desire, I just wanted to be good friends of have a romantic relationship with them but of course I never did anything about that.

I also started to like feminine guys, regardless of their sexuality, and also started to like guys with "cute attitude" a lot, which is what I call guys that aren't the typical "alpha male" that gets drunk every weekend and brags about it, also I don't like when other guys talk about sex or talk about some random girl body in a sexual way, its uncomfortable. I also like girls and have been in relationship with them, but right now I feel like I could fall in love with anyone, regardless of their gender, and again, I don't like the idea of having sex because I don't feel the "need" or urge to do it, I don't think I would like to have sex with girls either.. So I was thinking that I am bisexual, but bisexual involves having sexual desire to both genders, which I don't, but I do have desire to cuddle, kiss, hug, etc with them.

So, may be I'm asexual? And like both boys and girls..? I'm not sure there is a name for it?

There is a difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction. Many asexuals experience romantic attraction to one or more genders. Since you experience romantic attraction to both boys and girls, you can call yourself a biromantic asexual.

• Like 2