Asexual Atheists?

Beowulf

17 minutes ago, Yato said:

To clarify my answer, I don't believe in the man-made version of "God". I don't believe in anything out of any religion, but I also don't believe in a creator of any sort.

I often get into a similar conversation with people who ask me if I believe in God. I say that depends on your definition.. guy with a beard in the clouds .. no.

But if I choose to define God as a collective code of conduct and standards that a population signs up to to treat everyone as they would like to be treated themselves ... then yes I believe in that.

Another atheist :) Hiya, all! 

I was raised in a Catholic upbringing and will have to attend Catholic school for the rest of my life in academia but was always at least agnostic. Now I don't believe in any deity or omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent being. I'm not sure if I completely count as an atheist though because I believe in a kind of animism, where everything has at least some form of "soul" or consciousness. After all, everything is at its core kind of made of the same stuff, no?

At the very least, my teachers are pleased that they don't have to worry about getting me to understand the virtue of chastity :D

• 1 month later...

Why, haaaiii! I got directed here from another thread. I'm a Secular Humanist/Atheist. I live in a conservative state, though, so I tend to use the former when asked about my religion irl. Then people don't know what I mean and I can walk away before they google it. That's how I roll. 8)

Stevie Converse

I'm an atheist. I just very recently accepted the reality of it and ruled out the possibility of any future religious activity. It may sound strange, but it is part of my transition into being an agender femme eunuch. 

Archived