Trans Musings & Rantings

I just saw a bunch of mean DA comments on a stamp saying demigenders aren't real and that they don't makes sense. I'm scared now.

Maybe they really don't make sense and I should probably never use them anyway and just use female/male.

1 hour ago, Danny99 said:

I just saw a bunch of mean DA comments on a stamp saying demigenders aren't real and that they don't makes sense. I'm scared now.

Maybe they really don't make sense and I should probably never use them anyway and just use female/male.

Don’t listen to them. They don’t know anything.

• Like 1

little rant:

When people try to use 'science' and 'biology' to explain why you can't be a nonbinary gender. As if I hadn't heard that one before.

And actually, that's not even how science works! [and this was a doctor who tried to use it against me]

Gender is not the same as biological sex. You can't use science to explain gender because it is a subjective thing that differs for each person and depends on their own experience.

The male and female classifications? People came up with those, because it's easy to understand and works for our purposes for the most part. But in the natural world, things are not separated into neat little categories like that. Nature does not conform to the rules you made up. Science only tries to explain what exists in nature, not the other way around.

Science is not set in stone. It is always changing, ongoing, and constantly re-writing itself. It is tentative and uncertain. Just because you haven't heard of a nonbinary gender before and it's not in your textbooks doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Sorry but as a nonbinary person who really loves science, I know that they're compatible and it gets on my nerves when this happens.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, AwkwardAxolotl said:

Apparently 7 years ago I posted my first profile picture, and today facebook keeps asking if I want to share this memory. No, I do not want to share a memory of what I used to look like. I don't want to keep being shown a picture that I can't look at and not think "girl."

Facebook memories are always so weird to see. I still have a shit ton of pre-transition stuff on my account and see no need to get rid of them. That said, lots of photos really go into the "why would I ever share this memory" territory. Every now and then, there's an old photo or two that seem surprisingly androgynous (to me anyways) that I enjoy, but some of them are very hard/distressing to acknowledge as past selves. 

• Like 2
nerdperson777
11 hours ago, Danny99 said:

*teachers says that he doesn't care if someone's gay or transgender*

me in my head: Then why keep talking going on and on about how you accept it, and that you accept that not every feminine guy is gay and that not every masculine girl is a lesbian?

It's weird to me when people make a big deal about how accepting they are and say it in a way that sounds like they're afraid of saying it. If you accept it, just say it and move on. Saying,"you know, I don't care if anyone's homosexual, if you're homosexual, be happy and live your life" sounds like like,"these kinds of people are still weird in my eyes" to me.

*acts like a hypocrite saying that I don't think furries are weird and says it in a way where i'm afraid people will judge me for it*

My parents kind of do that.  Mom is accepting that other people can be, but I can't be "weird".  She would defend against a conservative family friend in a debate that transgender people can use the bathroom of their identities and gay people can be legally married, but I can't be one of those.  Dad, on the other hand, doesn't do any research and hopes by not doing anything, my transness will go away.

It's normal to feel self-doubt.  It's what makes us all complex human beings.  I say that if people don't accept the many differences in people and everything is binary, then humans are just dumb creatures.  Who is really willing to say that everyone of my species including myself is dumb?

• Like 2

Just ranting but, I'm a little pissed at myself today.

No matter how much I try to adapt to what strangers call me, it will never work. When will I finally realize that at this rate, I'm not helping myself? I'm hurting myself, if anything. Remaining silent isn't the answer to my problem, It's just only validating the root to the issue. It's time that I speak up a little more.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Facebook memories are always so weird to see. I still have a shit ton of pre-transition stuff on my account and see no need to get rid of them. That said, lots of photos really go into the "why would I ever share this memory" territory. Every now and then, there's an old photo or two that seem surprisingly androgynous (to me anyways) that I enjoy, but some of them are very hard/distressing to acknowledge as past selves. 

I went through my Instagram and archived all pre-transition pictures of myself. Couldn't bring myself to delete them because of all the memories, but I no longer wanted them to be publicly available. Maybe some day I'll be comfortable making them visible again, but definitely not today.

• Like 3
butterflydreams

I don’t mind pre-transition photos of myself most of the time. I think it’s because I think I look exactly the same. To be honest though there are far fewer pictures of me before transition. Why take pictures of myself? I didn’t like how I looked. Plus, looking back, the sadness in my eyes is obvious. I didn’t even know how bad I was at the time.

• Like 4

I feel dysphoric only when I compare myself to other non-cis people. For example when I see this trans girl in my college. I envy the visibility so much. I envy the readability. I wish I was readable. 

I just feel so fuc..ing weak! That i dared to speak up for myself. I am 29 for fuc...s sake!! But my stupid mind keeps teeling me: you can stay there on the ground where you belong. Like you are not dysphoric enough to take up any therapists time. You will just waste there time for someone else.

Stupid brain is stupid.

• Like 2

Or when I saw this transmasc person in the cafe next to exam centre. 

I saw a comment on a DA stamp about demiboys/demigirls, and they said,"I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think this is a gender" only to be followed by them telling the person that replied "now fuck off lmao".

unrelated but venting, I'm jealous of this one trans guy in class. Everyone needs to say his name over and over and over every single day. it's like they're pointing out that this guy is trans. I can't take it. I'm so desperate to have a cis guy's body instead and this person is really happy and everyone needs to talk about him all the time. and he has a girlfriend who might be straight, I don't know. I've been thinking recently that I wish I could be this one gay friend's boyfriend, but it still feels wrong. maybe it's a friendly obsession/infatuation, maybe i'm jealous of him being a guy, I don't know. I'm not friends with him anymore, because reasons, so whatever. I still thinking about him and it drives me crazy. I wish I never met him and I wish I could just forget who he is and move on... I wish I wasn't a whiny, clingy little bitch and just stayed friends with this guy. yet at the same time I wish I never met him. I would probably be completely fine if I never met this guy, but instead I did and now i'm freaking out over whether i'm trans or not, I've become slightly afraid/jealous of gay people, i'm having constant and terrible mood swings and anxiety, my guilt/regret problem is getting worse, i'm more paranoid, and it's all my fault.

....sorry.

• Like 2

I don't have that many photos of myself. 

Even the mirror rarely sees me. 

I never liked changing clothes at the swimming pool/gym with people around. Especially when need to go nude :|

I skip shower reasons because of that, and only shower at home.

Even my sister told me, I usually kept my body hidden from her while bathing.

I will make a few selfies just for the sake of tracking my transition, to see how much I change by month.

I don't mind going on photos with others... as a group. 

I second the gym part, nothing worse then having to shower or to be confronted with stuff you rather wanna hide so i always go dressed to the gym and just put my bag and shoes in the locker/leave asap. I dread seeing naked individuals of my birth sex too but that could also be because of my repulsion

I keep thinking I should stay a cis girl who just isn't comfortable with her lower parts and is sex repulsed. I keep analyzing my thoughts, and they just aren't realistic most of the time. I imagine myself as this cool guy who never has emotional breakdowns like I do, who's never stressed like I always am. I'm 17 and have low self esteem, of course I'm gonna imagine abetter version of myself no matter who that takes the shape of. 

I'm obsessed with trans and gay stuff, and imagine myself putting flags and stuff with the flags on them everywhere, basically screaming ,"HEY LOOK I'M THESE THINGS AREN'T I COOL AND AMAZING WITH MY SUDDEN HIGH EGO AND OBSESSIVE EXPRESSION OF BEING THESE THINGS??"

when i imagine myself as a guy i get so excited that it spirals into unrealistic fantasies that are organized of things like how people think ocd is about being neat and having everything in the right place, only for me it's imagining myself as an awesome guy with trans and gay flags everywhere and whatever else i'd identify as. I could add my kind of NSFW things to this, but that feels really embarrassing. ...despite all the nsfw/tmi stuff i post. i don't know why it feels embarrassing right now.

Maybe I'm just an incredibly confused cis girl with low self esteem. Maybe I'm thinking of this guy version of myself not as me, but as a character. maybe it makes sense because i mostly 'express' myself through stuff online and ever irl much.

I understand trans and NB people a lot more now and I'd like to help everyone more, but as for me, I feel like I'm just misinterpreting my thoughts. I'm just a 'special snowflake' who's obsessed with the idea of being a gay trans guy because i feel like it would be exciting to express myself that way [obsessively] since I like that fantasy more than myself for some reason. I legitimately hate my boobs and lower parts most of the time but I'm just not being realistic. I don't have social dysphoria, I just hate being girly and I'm not very fond of my reproductive parts. I don't know what to say anymore except I should learn to like myself [not just my gender/sex] and that I'm being a massive idiot. some of the things i express in my posts are probably just me being dramatic and exaggerating things anyway.

Edited by Dan99
nerdperson777

Okay, I think I'm ready to ask a sensitive and awkward question.  I'm thinking to order an STP just to try it out.  Just one of the cheap unconvincing ones.  If I really want to stand pee enough, then I'll try for the more expensive ones.  The weird question I have is for AMAB people, or anyone who has experience with that body part.  What color tone matches with what skin color?  I'm Asian with slightly tanned skin I guess, mostly darker yellow.  I obviously don't spend my time looking at (real) junk to know what is an appropriate color.  I've only see such a body part twice in my life, both in the past year, and me not expecting to see.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dan99 said:

more stupid ranting, putting it in a spiler, i'm sorry I vent so much. i'm a constant mess now. I appreciate everything everyone says, I really do, but my stupid brain has to throw all that out and keep freaking out over stuff.

I completely get it, my brain is like this too.

I don't get the pride either. I'm bi. Fact of life. I have brown eyes too. I didn't achieve it. It's my corporeality. Both of them. Therefore I see nothing to be proud about. I'm proud about overcoming difficulties, hard work, good grades, learning foreign languages, improving on my flaws... stuff like that... On the other hand, I'm not ashamed of being bi either: fact of life. Lots of people are bi. Actually a large fraction of the population.

• Like 1
nerdperson777

@Emery.Now I just realized that I basically asked, "if I had a dick, what color would it be?" I guess a little dark. Definitely not white. 

sometimes i wish i never joined this site and started talking about gender. i'm not binding or packing or taking hormones or getting surgery or asking people to use a different name or changing pronouns...although i've told a few people to call me "they". I'm too afraid to be trans, and being a girl is too normal for me and easy. i'm such a perfectionist i'd never want surgery anyway. and what if i would regret it? what if i'm just a girl with a weird fetish? what if it's just some stupid phase i'm taking too far? if i'm trans why haven't i though about it before? why didn't i show signs my entire life? why have i been completely fine being a girl until however many months ago? sure i've thought my female parts where weird throughout my life, but what if it's normal? what if i'm just being selfish and stupid? i don't need different reproductive organs, i'm just romanticizing things. i never need to have sex or anything, i can just ignore the problem with my lower area.

I put some make-up on, just for the fun of it... I wasn't fun...

:(

Edited by ThatHuman
I CAN'T SPELL OR GRAMMAR!
nerdperson777

@Dan99 I've had those thoughts before. It's not too far out. I only bind half the time now, like if I need to be presentable. Dicks don't interest me so I find packing to be more troublesome than useful. You're going in the "not trans enough" mentality there. Nothing qualifies being trans other than whatever you say you are. I already don't do many of the typical stuff expected of being trans but I'm still trans. You don't need binding, packing, hormones, or surgery to be valid as trans. 

I'm like the world's biggest scaredy cat. I was afraid to be trans. Family gaslighting made me think, oh no, there's another reason for me to be bullied, I can't be. I also thought that I could've been gay since I liked hanging with girls more than guys. Since my parents' biggest fear was being different, I felt that I couldn't be anything outside their comfort. Just because a majority of people were a certain way, we had to be too. Well, I ended up not being cis, straight, or neurotypical. My first exposure to trans stuff was that documentary on the teenage trans couple I mentioned. I was afraid to say that I really wanted to be like that boy. I couldn't imagine that I could have short hair and go shirtless at a pool, so I couldn't be, right? Being who everyone thought you were is definitely normal and easy (while killing yourself inside). Change is hard. If I never cut my hair, I wouldn't be able to express myself. Sometimes you just got to do things. Never know until you try. 

People realize they're trans at different stages of their lives. I knew I liked boy things more than girl things. But my parents were not knowledgeable beyond rumors on things like this. My mom said that if I had Down Syndrome, or some defect, she would've aborted me, because she wouldn't be able to spend that extra effort to raise "someone with problems". That's a misconception. Media publicizes just the problems. There's no upside to having someone different. Being trans just meant more bullying, more hardships, mental illness. But there's more to it than that. I didn't even think I was trans until college because my parents didn't encourage free thinking. But at some point I had to break and wonder why. What's wrong? I didn't hate being called she until I was discovering myself. It just slowly ate at me when I was aware. I hated my bottom dysphoria so much but I was taught that this was how life was and I couldn't change it. That dysphoria lessened for a few years but when I knew my problem. I guess once I knew there was a way out, I wasn't going to let it go away. Now I can say I'm 3 months on hormones and bottom dysphoria isn't so bad. It hasn't gone away completely but it lessened a lot. There's no one way to be trans. You are trans if you believe you are. 

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, Dan99 said:

if i'm trans why haven't i though about it before? why didn't i show signs my entire life? why have i been completely fine being a girl until however many months ago? sure i've thought my female parts where weird throughout my life, but what if it's normal?

I'm not sure what to say about your other doubts right now but regarding this part I can tell you some stuff from personal experience...

I'm one of those trans people who didn't know they were trans since forever. I hadn't really directly or consciously thought about it until I just started seriously questioning my gender, and I didn't even consider myself a tomboy or anything like that. But as to what counts as signs..well that could be a lot of things. When I was a kid I never thought I was a boy or wondered about being one or wanted to be one, but I remember that when I learned of the existance of trans men I believed that I couldn't be one because I hadn't said I was a boy when I was little and even though I wasn't girly I wasn't really a tomboy either. But here's the thing I realized later.. I'm pretty sure cis girls wouldn't have even thought "Aww well I can't be that because..." I think that train of thought wouldn't be normal for someone who is actually comfortable as what they are. It seems more like the kind of thing someone in denial would think.

I didn't start to actively think about possibly being trans until I was 18. I thought I hadn't shown signs because I didn't identify as a tomboy or as a lesbian (this was the typical and only narrative of trans men I knew at the time) but honestly there could be lots of signs if I choose to interpret them that way.. I refused dresses as soon as I was able to, I never wanted to wear stuff like earrings, I was jealous that guys could wear suits and I couldn't, I didn't want to be a "girlfriend/wife/mother/etc", I hated my chest and felt uncomfortable if I ever acknowledged what my lower parts were, and many other little and not so little things. So really if you think of what signs could be and look back at how you've felt and thpught about things throughout your life, can you really not see anything like that?

Have you honestly been completely fine with being a girl your whole life? And even if being a girl seemed easier and more doable, is it really the more emotionally comfortable option? The most satisfying and rewarding one? 

I think it's normal for cis people to dislike parts of their bodies, but it's not normal to dislike "gendered" parts of their bodies because they mark them as being something, a gender, they feel uncomfortable with.. I don't think it would be normal at all for a cisgirl to dislike her lower parts simply because she feels like they make her a girl. I obviously can't know how you feel about anything but to me, and this is just my opinion and please let me know if I'm intruding or being inapropriate or anything, it just seems extremely unlikely that someone who agonizes about gender so much could really just be cis. Because if they were, if they truly identified as female, why would they be so uncomfortable with it?

There's actually a million reasons you could come up with to answer that.. I know because I totally did that too for a long time. But in the end, you just have to go with what makes you happier. 

I'm sorry for the long post and sorry if I said anything I shouldn't have..let me know if that was the case and I'll remove it. I just want to help and so I try to say things I would have liked to hear when I was questioning like you are.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Dan99 said:

sometimes i wish i never joined this site and started talking about gender. i'm not binding or packing or taking hormones or getting surgery or asking people to use a different name or changing pronouns...although i've told a few people to call me "they". I'm too afraid to be trans, and being a girl is too normal for me and easy. i'm such a perfectionist i'd never want surgery anyway. and what if i would regret it? what if i'm just a girl with a weird fetish? what if it's just some stupid phase i'm taking too far? if i'm trans why haven't i though about it before? why didn't i show signs my entire life? why have i been completely fine being a girl until however many months ago? sure i've thought my female parts where weird throughout my life, but what if it's normal? what if i'm just being selfish and stupid? i don't need different reproductive organs, i'm just romanticizing things. i never need to have sex or anything, i can just ignore the problem with my lower area.

I've seen you around here... And I didn't really when to say it... But honestly, you remind me of my younger self...

I 'ignored' it for 10 years... Worst moment of my life - it came back like a boomerang... Don't ignore your thoughts, please, it gets really bad later on - respect them, you don't need to act on them, today or tomorrow... Just understand that they're there... They'll make more sense later on...

I was afraid of being Agender because I knew no-one would understand me, maybe they still don't - but I'm happier saying the honest truth... What I feel is the honest truth...

It's ok to be confused - it's ok to use whatever title you find fitting at the time... The truth is we don't 'change' we 'evolve', we develop as people, we discover new things and understand ourselves better with each turn in the river we call our life...

And phase? - nothing is really a phase - whoever invented that word is on my blacklist (sorry) - each moment of our lives is meaningful and part of who we are... I used every title there is for sexuality, till I finally found one that made my life that bit easier to understand...

The times when things become clear are the times you sit down in silence, alone... with nothing really important to do...

The past can be a tricky thing - just don't force it - focus first on the now, what do you feel now, you can ask the past later - when you accept the person you are now... Because the person you are now is the most important to remember... The future and past can wait... To work out that riddle, first you need to be comfortable with yourself in the present...

Maybe I'm talking absolute nonsense from your perspective - but thats fine... Just follow your heart - even when it seems to be going off the perfect straight line you planned and dragging you into the dark...

[It was easy to keep up the act I had... Till I could feel ever cell in my body repelling the identity I tried to take on - if you are playing someone you're not... It will only get harder... I will only hurt more... You'll keep having to suppress more... That is only 'if'... I'm not saying that you are, I just have a hunch...]

Don't take my words to heart... Just think about them... Your story is yours, my story is mine, I'm not giving you advice - I'm giving you what I learnt so far in life...

Oh, and you're not stupid or selfish - take your time, you'll work this out...

• Like 2

@Liebelitit's ok, i don't think anything you're saying was inappropriate. i was just frustrated with myself and venting everything i could think of. I don't feel like i hate my body because it's gendered, but just because i don't have specific organs and my body's not a more neutral shape. i know that look pretty much the same as saying,"i don't like my body because it's female" but i mean it in a different way i guess???? i don't feel like "it sucks that I'm not a guy" but "it sucks that i don't have these specific things".

yeah that probably doesn't make much sense because it's literally the same thing. i'm probably just saying what i fee right now as i feel calmer and not freaking out as much about my body.

@nerdperson777

jeez, i'm so sorry your mom said things like that :o *hugs* :(

thank you for that story though. it made me feel a bit better. maybe. right now i just want to ignore everything and try to stop myself from thinking these things, though

@ThatHuman

thank you for saying all this, it means a lot, to all you who replied.

I guess I'm just afraid of what people will think of me. I've seen those kinds of people on the internet that have very strict opinions on what being trans means, and ive seen people say that trans people are freaks. i'd like to think i'd be strong dealing with transphobia and hoophobia, but really, i'm sensitive and believe everything everyone says about me even if it's false if it's convincing enough.

i guess i feel bad too because my situation isn't as bad. i'm not suicidal because of dysphoria and i don't have a serious strong "i absolutely need to do this thing" feeling when i think about my body. at least for right now i'm fine the way i am. my 'dysphoria' isn't constantly there and only gets intense in *cough* tmi situations or if i just randoly start feeling uncomfortable with my body. these bursts can last for an hour or two hours or whatever.

i feel bad too that other people have to go through such terrible situations as their family being transphobic or people at school or something. what do i have? a loving family who accepts trans people and would be totally fine with me wanting to be a guy and a school that seems really accepting of trans people since there's 2 trans kids at school, one full time with a really female voice (he's ftm) and everyone calls him "he" and his name, and my friend who goes by a cut down version of his name since everyone still calls him his female name since they mess up a lot. my mom doesn't believe me because of the way i said it, because i referenced a friend and basically said,"hey, you know ___ who's transgender? sometimes i think i am" not the best way to explain something like that. I wish i never said anything anyway because of how much it terrifies me in real world context. i really just want to keep this thing as a fantasy rather than do anything about it it's not that bad since i've been a girl for so long and dealt with it or was/am okay with it for the most part. I know people say it gets worse if you leave it, but i kind of hope i can get over it. it's just...too scary for me. i'm not even being realistic about it either.

• Like 2

if that looks confusing, it wouldn't post and i thought it was because of the quotes and they made it too long, i don't know it posted after i did that.

nerdperson777
3 hours ago, ThatHuman said:

Just follow your heart - even when it seems to be going off the perfect straight line you planned and dragging you into the dark...

[It was easy to keep up the act I had... Till I could feel ever cell in my body repelling the identity I tried to take on - if you are playing someone you're not... It will only get harder... I will only hurt more... You'll keep having to suppress more... That is only 'if'... I'm not saying that you are, I just have a hunch...]

That is totally me. My parents laid the path out for me. All I had to do was follow it, but I couldn't. In college, I just about failed every engineering course I took. For 3 years I said, no I have to be an engineer, I have to be an engineer, I have to be an engineer. I already planned everything out. I couldn't continue on if I didn't pass the classes (also most of those annoying lower division courses had to be taken in order because of prerequisites). It wasn't happening, no matter how much I butt heads with it. I had to give up that dream that I would have a master's degree by 23 and be a successful high paying engineer. Instead, I barely graduated with a math degree (which would be a disappointment with the standards I grew up with), and am working part time at low pay. I broke under the pressure. I couldn't handle my fake life anymore. I wasn't meant to be a perfect straight A student. And not cis or straight either. 

But in relation to gender, my mom told me not to trust guys because she basically said they were predators. I guess that would've been use to me if I was cis straight and looking to guys for anything. But I wonder if that made me prefer girls more.

So yeah, breaking point, don't try to fit yourself in a mold that you don't belong. 

4 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

not to trust guys because she basically said they were predators.

Prolific opinion. I heard it too many times. 

Kelvin, how was the math degree? I decided against one not to have to put up with state education. I'm happy so far, but it's been just a month. The prospect keeps on haunting me, because I really like math. 

I have to say i broke under pressure too. i hate it. The pressure, I mean. 

I wish they made people aware earlier how hard science degrees actually are and that they have nothing to do with the science in high school, which you can make work using only logic. I chose science to not have to learn by heart , I'm terrible at that. And you have to learn so much by heart in science. How much of a high pressure thing it is. And how schematic. And, paradoxically, illogical.