Your ideal asexual future

mori child

WinterWanderer

Living in a condo or apartment in a pedestrian-friendly area, preferably somewhere where I'll have snow at least two weeks out of the year. And/or near mountains.

Working a job I'm passionate about, at a respectable workplace. Being able to support my cats (I have two).

Having friends/acquaintances over every now and then. Spending Friday nights playing card games and board games with fellow nerdy people. Seeing superhero and sci-fi movies in theaters with them.

Hmmm.. How do I see my future??

Well.. I love living where I am at now.. New Hampshire USA.. It's beautiful here but there isnt a great variety of people.. I live in a small tourist town. My dream house would be 2 large Yurts connected together out in the woods somewhere. I'd like to market my Art and Music.. Find a group of friends who like to roleplay (Games like Dungeons and Dragons not sexual roleplaying) But I'm kind of sick of D&D and would rather play something more psychological like a White Wolf game or Star Wars FFG. I'd would like a Girlfriend who is either Asexual or understanding of my Asexuality. Go for walks in the forests.. There are many places to hike around here.. Yeah.. 

RoseGoesToYale

-Live in a tiny house somewhere cold with lots of snow, within walking/sledding/skiing/rail distance of everything

-Go into business for myself making ceramics, or some work not in an office

-Spend leisure reading, sewing, painting/drawing, ice skating or swimming

-Volunteer at local hospital or other organization

-Find friends who like doing outdoorsy things, listening to music, art

-Either find a QPR or boyfriend who's ace, still unsure about marriage

Living with at least one cat in a small-ish town, and either working from home or working less than a 10 minute drive from my home.

- I'd be in a relationship with my theoretical best friend, an equally romantic, asexual lady. 

- We'd live in a cute little old home, with rainbow-y and colorful decor everywhere. 

- We'd have a rescue dog or two, and maybe a cat if I can figure out my allergies.

- I'd have learned to love all the PNW stuff people out here do - hiking, kayaking, beer and wine drinking, camping, etc. Maybe even yoga!

- I'd have a job where I was always able to use sign language. Hopefully it's also one that pays well, and I'd be helping my community. 

- I'd read, write and draw again. 

- I'd wear jewellery again, and pierce my ears all the way up and around. 

- My hair would always be shorter and colored like the galaxy, with blues, purples and greens, and the occasional bright flash. 

- I'd get tattoos... all of my current ideas would be on my body somewhere. 

- My kids would be grown and making the right decisions for themselves. They'd be healthy in every way. Maybe my partner has kids too, and they're the same. 

- I would drive a car I love. Something I can make kitschy and have fun with. 

- I'd feel alive, and at peace with my life. 

- I would have a group of ace friends, we would hang out regularly and we would talk about being ace sometimes and it would be so nice just knowing that we all *got* each other

- I would have a partner, maybe a guy but probably a girl. They'd be the big spoon and we'd go to concerts or the art gallery on some weekends, and on others we'd just lay in the sun in our backyard listening to Graceland

- We'd have kids maybe. We'd probably adopt and we'd love them so so much

- We'd have dogs!

- I'd be working for an arts organisation or an NFP and I'd enjoy my job

- I'd have more tattoos

I hope everyone's ideal futures are just as lovely as we hope!!

TheNerdyOne

I love this thread! Here's my idealized ace future:

-living the dream as a full-time animator and artist

-I'd have a wider group of friends

-I'd host little nerdy evening events with friends (i.e., Stranger Things marathon, bad fanfic group readings, etc.)

-I'd make movies and TV series with incredible people

-I'd do local community theatre acting

-I'd improve and get more involved in cosplay

-I'd travel all over the world

-I'd make wonderful things to delight people (basically working on that now, actually)

-I'd collab with Cirque du Soleil

-I'd eventually find the Ben Wyatt to my Leslie Knope, and we'd be a creative power couple

-I'd live in a nice apartment in Omaha

-I'd be able to fully accept and embrace my asexuality

-I'd make fun, nerdy music

Fulfilling all my goals.

A peaceful and stable life. 

Develop many various skills and learn a lot (specially philosophy)

Speak 4 or 5 languages.

Traveling.

Train my body to reach... not exactly peak levels but improve my physical condition to higher levels.

and have a platonic relationship with a loyal person to share my goals but I think that's beyond impossible.

SallyBlackwater

This is how I imagine my future:

- I'm living in London, or really close to London

- I have a stable job related to what I'm studying, OR

- I finally gather the courage and focus I need to put some ideas I have on paper, get them published, and become a successful author

- I either live alone or with a cool flatmate, ideally with my own bedroom and bathroom. We would watch tv/movies/shows together and live comment it, also we could cook together when we're both free

- Living in London, I can easily go to events/book signings/movie premieres/concerts and see or even meet my idols (yeah, I'm a fangirl xD)

- I have the possibility to travel at least once a year

- Every now and then I would come back to my country to see my family, enjoy the food, and bring my little cousins all sorts of souvenirs from my travels =) 

Ben Wohlfarth

1. Writing, performing and releasing music for myself and other people  

2. Being a part of an arts community that I can give back to and be part of

3. Traveling when I can to new places and meeting new people

4. Working at a job that helps people and the world 

5. Living in a city with lots to do and see

6. Having a cat 

7. Volunteering when I have time off 

8. Biking and running every day 

9. Cooking new meals and healthy favorites 

10. Being physically and emotionally close to friends and family 

HeWhoSingsAmongTheStars
  • 1. Living in a two story house that I designed myself.
    • There would be an entire library wing and an enormous kitchen
    • Fireplaces everywhere
    • There would be a stable and livestock area as I love horses and would like to raise cows, rabbits, ducks, chickens, etc...
    • GIANT GARDEN. Part would be for food, part for herbs, and most would just be for beauty
    • Old mossy forest around the outskirts of the property
    • Streams and fountains would run through the entire property
    • Everything would be designed to be sustainable (e.g. solar power, compost heaps, recycling)
    • Cat play room
    • Sewing room
  • 2. I would live somewhere where it is mainly rain or snow. NO hot summers.
  • 3. I would learn how to make my own cheese
  • 4. My house would be full of cats and I would finally have a fluffy Samoyed dog and a tiny fluff ball of a Pomeranian. 
  • 5. I would have a quiet job that didn't force me to interact with people 24/7 and retire to peace and quiet.
  • 6. I would have a loom and would learn to weave.
  • 7. I would learn to play the violin, harp, flute, erhu, and piano.
  • 8. Did I mention cats?
  • 9. I would finally publish my books
Guest Deus Ex Infinity
  • Living in a small wodden cottage near the sea on Vancouver Island
  • Living with  2 dogs and 6 cats
  • Making a living with my tradtional paintings as freelance artist
  • Having some good trustworthy friends around

- long term platonic relationship(s)

- small house for a simple life

- retire early due to reduced costs of small house

- enjoy life with friends who understand and respect me (Check!)

- writing, art and architecture (Check!)

- potentially go into politics for asexual rights and environmental protection

- two cats (currently check!)

In a perfect world:

I'd live in a miniature house that's portable.

On weekends I'd go hiking with the dog(s) or travel anywhere.

I'd work in a company that deals with space travel or I'd work with musical instruments either making them or teaching.

In my spare time I'd build remote control vehicles or learn to build/maintenance a car.

I'd own (instead of just rent) my instruments and I'd become proficient in a few more of them.

I'd explore and adventure regularly using my portable house. Said house would have a flat-ish roof so I can lay and stare at the stars. I would have paid off my college debt and saved enough to design and build my home.

I'd go back to school to learn plumbing, carpentry, hvac, car stuff, etc. And I'd fix every problem around the house myself. But I'd do it while still having a job.

I'd own a plot of land with a garden. I'd grow fruits and vegetables and practically sustain myself. I'd also learn how to smoke meats, jerky is the best. In an even more perfect world, all my anxiety would be gone and my ADD would disappear too. Along with my boobs, they're annoying. If my anxiety was gone I'd be able to go running without worrying what people think. And if I had no boobs, I wouldn't have to deal with the obnoxious jiggling.

I might or might not have a special other. If I did they would also be asexual, or not mind lack of kissing/sex. We'd be best friends and cuddle buddies and connect on a very deep, emotional level.

During holidays my family would know about my asexuality. They'd know I don't believe in anything when it comes to religion. They'd also know I'm non-binary. And they'd accept me for all of it and not shame me for being me.

My ideal future:

- I would live alone or with a friend or two. Not sure if I want a qpr, I guess it would be okay but not necessary.

- I'd be an SLP at an interesting job.

- I'd live in the centre of a nice city. Either in Finland or abroad.

- Lots of travel! I'd spend each holiday at a new, exciting place :).

- I'd play violin at an orchestra or perhaps in some sort of chamber group. Never give up music as a hobby :).

- I'd go to concerts, festivals etc regularly with my friends.

- I'd have lots of friends, and preferably a best friend (or qpr).

• 2 weeks later...
SamwiseLovesLife
On 24/07/2017 at 1:53 AM, Alexandmb said:

Fulfilling all my goals.

A peaceful and stable life. 

Develop many various skills and learn a lot (specially philosophy)

Speak 4 or 5 languages.

Traveling.

Train my body to reach... not exactly peak levels but improve my physical condition to higher levels.

and have a platonic relationship with a loyal person to share my goals but I think that's beyond impossible.

I looooooove these answers <3 Same here :)

My ideal asexual future will hopefully come true! 

- Living in China or South Korea

- Having a really interesting job and a great career! (I'm super ambitious, and wish to be either a journalist, a NGO director, a writer, a CEO, an interpreter or a teacher!)

- Maybe being in a relationship with a man or most likely a woman 

- Adopting kids? Maybe? 

- Having a huuuge flat and also a second house in London and lots of money for traveling (and seeing my family back in France!)

Karacoreable

This was such a brilliant idea for a thread!

- Have dogs. Never been allowed a pet, but companionship wise dogs seem just as good as people! :P

- A career I'm passionate about

- House in the countryside, but not too far out in the sticks

- Go travelling and see the amazing natural wonders of the world. And dolphins!

- Have lots of fruit trees and bushes. Raspberries, blackberries and japanese wineberry bushes especially (they have nothing to do with alcohol).

I genuinely have no idea whether or not a relationship is part of my ideal future. I just don't know.

NerotheReaper
  • Living somewhere I am happy
  • Have a nice house 
  • Be married to someone I love, and they love me 
  • Have a well paying job / Finished with law school or graduate 
  • My mental health completely stable 
  • Be healthy
  • Be happy 

- Have my mental problems be more manageable

- Become a professional graphic designer/illustrator

- Create webcomics

- Have a well-managed herb garden (and potentially a small greenhouse for tropicals)

- Learn Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Japanese, and Spanish

- Cook more often

- Learn how to code in C++, Javascript, and Python

- Getting more exercise

- Not having wrist problems

- Living somewhere cold and rainy

- Find a church denomination I'm happy with

- a giant aquascaped aquarium

- a pet axolotl

- two or three cats

I own a house, a cat, and a pool table, which were definitely in my life goals.  Also, since I was approaching 30, I decided to go to the doctor for the first time not underneath my parents and get a financial advisor.  Also, I have zero debts (except for credit card debt which I pay off every month).

In the future, I would like to:

• Find some aces in Boise and the surrounding area and do stuff.
  • Have some sort of a relationship that goes beyond friendship.  I'm not sure what I fully want there.  My friend suggested Grindr because I have had one (sexual) attraction to a guy which is greater than the number of (romantic/sexual) attractions to women.
  • Travel around the US.  I don't want to go internationally (at least not yet) because there are places to see here that I haven't.
  • Have my parents be more accepting of my atheism and understanding of the painful process of losing my Christian identity.  
  • Be able to submit an art piece or whatnot to the fair or somewhere else.  
weethreequarter
  • Working as an actress and writer - hopefully acting in something I've written!
  • Travelling as much as possible and exploring new places
  • Adopting at least one child
  • Visiting Australia at least once a year to see my baby cousin 
  • Still having incredibly long Skype calls with my best friend where we talk about nothing for three hours
  • I'd like to have a committed romantic relationship with someone who is willing to help me figure out exactly what I'm comfortable with physically (or not) - but at the end of the day, if that doesn't happen, I won't be devastated, just disappointed. Because I've always wanted to adopt kids are definitely in my future, but the husband is optional. 
  • Wasted an incredible amount of money buying a wrecked old house and restoring it
  • For my anxiety to stay at least at the point it is now, or in an ideal world, even more under control

I stumbled across this Bored Panda link on Facebook and it just spoke to me so much. I nearly cried.

Illustrator Perfectly Captures the Happiness of Living Alone in 10+ Illustrations

I'm planning on buying my own house next year (I currently rent a room in my best friend's house and it's often like living alone because she likes to keep busy while I'm more of a homebody - but then it's still jarring never knowing when she's going to come home and interrupt my show or throw a wrench in my planned evening of solitude).

I've just bought six of the artist's prints as something to hold onto to put up on my first home I'm dreaming about 😊

• I still live in California
  • I own horses (preferably two) that live on my property, so I can ride every day
  • There's an arena and roundpen on my property for my own use only. 
  • I have a dog (probably a lab) who likes cuddling and gets on well with the horses
  • I have some farm animals, like goats and chickens, for their produce
  • I've gone through school
  • I have a nice Veterinary practice close to home with a few partners, five days a week,  probably a 10-hour day
  • On weekends I can devote my time to teaching riding lessons for kids just starting out, and eventually more advanced riders
  • I've got riding friends who can laugh with me and go out on adventures with the horses
  • My house is small and cozy
  • My bed has a big pile of blankets
  • I'm super content
  • Maybe I live with a friend
  • I'm happy and nobody judges me for my perfect life with no spouse or child
  • Have lots of friends
  • Earn enough money to retire from work at an early age
  • Go travel North America and Canada in a van! (but a nice van, like decked out)
  • See lots and lots of bands
  • Maybe finally write that novel that has been percolating in my brain for years
  • Have a dog or two...
  • Get back to volunteering with animals.  Used to, then work and other commitments got in the way.  Would be nice to get back to that...

Hmm ideal future, that is a tough one. I don't normally like to look ahead into the future because my mind will run with it very negatively, but that's neither nor there. I guess um...

• My mental health drastically improves ( be it my depression or general social anxiety)
  • My job which I love becomes enough to live off comfortably 
  • Be married to someone who accepts me for the walking train wreck I am
  • My friends stay in touch
  • I still play soccer every Sunday
  • I travel around, hopefully finally get around to visiting Italy

• still be best friends with my best friend I knew since we were 3 years old
  • have a job that I love and make enough money from it to live comfortably
  • have like 4 cats
  • make more friends
  • for my mental and physical health to improve
  • learn archery and krav maga
  • live in a few places abroad
  • maybe have a platonic relationship that I'm statisfied with but it's not really  necessary

- Live with an incredibly close (also asexual) friend who is as cuddly as me

- Have lots and lots of pets

- Work as a veterinary technician

- Run or contribute to an animal physiotherapy program at the veterinary clinic I'm working at

- Have a small house with a sun room for all of my plants

- Have a large collection of cozy pillows and blankets

- Sing in a choir or similar group

- Be happy

- I have a large flat. 

- I either live with a friend or a partner. 

- I have my ideal sort of relationship with someone who is understanding. 

- I get to be creative as a job

- Have a cat

- Get over my anxiety and be happy in general 

- Travel

- Have my Buisness idea work out so I can live off of it. 

- Be able to help loads of people, maybe by doing a lot of volunteering. 

This is a really nice thread and honestly a reminder I know I need right now. Thank you for starting it, and everyone else for sharing on it. <3

• live in a two bedroom house with just enough room for me and a guest
  • my pet rabbit(s) can run free throughout the house
  • work from home, either writing books or games (or both)
  • i have a moderate-sized group of friends. At least a few live within driving range so we can visit
  • the ones that live far away, we still talk regularly
  • i've driven out to the desert to see the Milky Way
  • i can go for walks whenever i want
  • i have a friend that doesn't mind platonically holding hands/cuddling on occasion, and we both understand it's platonic and are comfortable with this. No one looks at us weird when we do
  • i am who i am and have no more doubts

Archived